This was our second stay at Had Salad and surely the last! We had to witness an old, friendly labrador dying slowly over 5 days, getting fits and foaming at the mouth. We were extremely upset that no one bothered to help the dog. A resort staff member told us the dog is being poisoned by order by the resort owner of Had Salad Villa. We called Phangan Info after the animal rescue people just left the dog on the beach as they could not help him, a very helpfull lady at Phangan info called back to say it was not the owner of Had Salad Villa that ordered the poisening but the owner of two resorts down the beach. She would not name the resort but I can count to two. We were told by the resort staff that this happens all the time! it was a very distressful experience for my daughter and I wish it on no one to experience such agony in a animal. Surely these resorts make enough money to have these unwanted animals put down in a more humane way and definitely not let us, visitors with small children witness this cruelty. I will go to Koh Toa or Samui for my next visit where there is proper care for animals!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.