“Amazing experience in general” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Salad Hut Bungalows

You added Salad Hut Bungalows to your Saves list
Salad Hut Bungalows
3.0 of 5 Ranch   |   61 / 3 m.8, Haad Salad Beach, Ko Phangan 84280, Thailand   |
Cape Town
“Amazing experience in general”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

On arrival. The entrance was really nothing what we expected.... So it's just proof not to judge a book by its cover.
We travelled with all three our kids - so perfect for this type of vacation. We stayed a week.
Beds comfortable. Super friendly staff. Really helpfully and with out a doubt the best Thai food we have experienced. They make really good western food too. The speed at which the food is prepared is also unbelievable.
The beach is nice, but the swimming is a challenge due to the coral. But there are places where it is pleasant, especially when the tide is higher.

All in all- a great stay for a lId back break and would return. If you are looking for fancy amenities then this would not be for you.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Ferntree Gully, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I am at this moment, writing my review on my beautiful verandah, I have bungalow 10, and it's perfect!
I have the best views, and so many places to relax.
The restaurant serves delicious, well priced food. I have tried other places to eat , but Salad Hut is my favourite.
I am traveling solo, and have been welcomed by my fellow guests and staff alike.
The gardens are lush and give cooling shade, the sea breezes are gentle.
I would love to come here again, it is perfect for me.
Well done Salad Hut!

Room Tip: I think all of the rooms are good, there are only 12, but of course I love mine best !
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Son en Breugel, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

The Salad Hut is an amazing laid back place in a nice and quiet spot of Koh Phagnan. The bungalows are very decent (although missing some space to put your suitcases) and the veranda offers multiple relaxation modes (hammock, bed or chairs). The hotel is small (about 12 bungalows) and cosy and all but two beach front bungalows are grouped around the pool facing the bay.

The hotel is very child friendly and half of the guests staying there were families with kids, which made the stay more pleasant for our daughter who could play with all the other kids.

• Stayed May 2013
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Didn't stay here -- a little out of my price range, but I did eat here and it was outstanding. I had the Laab Kai: ground chicken, red onions and herbs in a spicy dressing. This was one of the very best versions of this dish I've ever had. The chicken was perfectly cooked and the dressing was very spicy -- as it should be -- but not outrageously so. Best meal I had on Koh Phangan.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Juneau, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Gorgeous bungalows. Loved hanging in the hammock. Originally we booked a fan room to save money but showed up to find there were no bug nets or screens on the windows... so we would've been baking in there all night very uncomfortably. Fortunately we had the sense to upgrade at that point--there was actually an A/C unit inside our room already, but if you book a fan only room they remove the remote. The pool was great. There's a lot of families here so it wasn't very romantic at the pool or dining area but that didn't bother us. The breakfast was included and it was the best breakfast I ate while traveling all throughout Asia. They included coffee (with refills) and a smoothie with the a la carte item of your choice. The fruit and yogurt muesli was so filling I couldn't finish. The meals were expensive but comparable to the rest of the places on the island. There was a shuttle to the full moon party but it was way more expensive than the hotel a few doors down. Helpful staff also... my boyfriend stepped on a sea urchin on the beach and they had a stocked first aid kit and offered lots of support.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

This hotel was fantastic. Small, attentive service, great food, lovely rooms, gorgeous pool, fabulous location on the beach. Could not have asked for any more.
The staff here were great with our children and will definitely return

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Firstly, the good. This little resort is so beautiful! The rooms are clean and spacious and the views of the beach from my hammock were amazing. Beds are comfortable and A.C worked well. The food was lovely and very reasonably priced. The swimming pool was nice and overlooked one of the nicest beaches in Koh Phangnan. I recommend taking a longboat to Bottle beach for lunch and swim. We travelled as a group of 3 friends for 4 nights and even despite the things I write in the below paragraph, I would still love to go back there again one day in the future.

We started out on a bad note with the lady manager as we had missed our ferry and therefore hotel pick up from pier, thru no fault of our own. We had to get a ferry to Haad Rin and then missed our complimentary pick up from Tongsala pier. I apologised when we did arrive under our own steam about 20 mins later in a taxi. It was obvious by the manageress' attitude and no welcome, that she was cross with us and she made us feel very uncomfortable. 10 minutes after arriving in our rooms, my friend leaned on the hand basin whilst picking a towel up and the whole ceramic basin crashed to the floor cutting her toe badly. Water and blood was all over the floor so they were moved to another room and given some bandages. After this, not one person asked over the next 3 days inquired about my friends injuries, even though they knew each day that she was having to see the local nurse to have the wound redressed, and all could see the massive black and blue bruising on legs. When we checked out and noticed that we had been charged 15 baht for a small bucket of ice, we asked the manager if she had considered the cost of all the nurses treatments that we had paid and the fact that not once had she had asked if my friend was ok. Her reply was only to ask how my friend had pulled the basin from the wall in the first place??? As if a 50 year old woman would do this on purpose!?

All the other staff were wonderful. We aren't the type of people that complain unnecessarily as you can see by my other reviews. If it wasn't for the Manageress' attitude, I would have gladly given Salad Hut a rating of 5.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Salad Hut Bungalows? Share your experiences!