“WOW” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Havana Beach Resort

You added Havana Beach Resort to your Saves list
Havana Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   47/5 Moo 5, Haad Thong Nai Pan | Surat Thani, Ko Phangan 84280, Thailand   |
Ranked #29 of 90 Hotels in Ko Phangan
“WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

I only have praises for this place. The owner should be very proud to know after travelling Asia for the last 2 months I have never met such wonderful, helpful and kind front desk staff. As soon as I walked in I felt like royalty. I only stayed a night with my husband and son as we had rented a house down the road for the next day but if I haven't I would of wanted to stay here for the rest of my stay in Thailand. I liked it so much that when I want a break from our rented house I'm booking in here.
The hotel has large clean rooms, coffee and tea making facilities, wifi, a porch with table and chairs and a large clean swimming pool. It's set on the beach which is clean and very comfortable. We were lucky as it was low season so we got the swimming pool all to ourselves. I wish I had known about this hotel earlier in my trip so I wouldn't of had to stay at the dive I did previous. I've stayed in hotels 3 times the price of this yet I rate this the highest. I hope you keep the staff for as long as possible as they really are the best on the island. If they had adjoining rooms then I wouldn't have rented a house. Chai ( the chap at the bar ) is very helpful and fun to be around. His English is perfect. I hope whoever stays here enjoys their time as much as we did.
Mr and Mrs green and a half.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Thai first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

The hotel was great, we loved it and the beach. it is quiet and not too far from the main street and it has a 7/11 near and laundry services. the rooms are nice and the beach is very nice quiet one. the breakfast was not the best, but pretty decent(eggs,pancake,toast,fruits etc..). the part of the beach closest to the hotel has lots of longtail boats in it, which is nice for photos but not so much for swimming.. but you can go around them easily. the only thing that bothered us at the hotel was the fact that we didn't always have hot water in our room because of the fact that there were not too many guests there, so they turned the boiler off... which made us go to the reception each time one of us wanted to take a shower... no phone in the room so you have to walk up the stairs in order to do so. other then that - great place!

Room Tip: The deluxe room is basically the same as the regular with a bit larger balcony...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Rishon Le Zion, HaMerkaz, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

My wife and i stayed for 3 nights.

The hotel located few minutes walking from thong nai pan village but it's located right on the beautiful beach.
The pool was very clean, and breakfast was very reach.
The hotel also provide free wifi.

The room [ building, pool view, 2nd floor ] was big, clean and had a flat screen tv, with big balcony. bathroom was ok, decent size.

The beach is very beautiful and very quiet, just the place to relax, away from the parties in had rin.

the down side - we saw few small lizards in the balcony and on some external walls,
one lizard even entered to our room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

the hotel is far from phangan centres tongsala and haad rin ( ca.45 min by taxi). on the other hand that means you are not bothered by parties, cars, etc...locaion is very quiet and pleasant, hence not for party goers.
spent there six nights in august 2012 there and can't say anything negative about this hotel. right on the beach and among the trees at the same time, you can hear birds singing every morning, spotless rooms of generous size and teracess, acceptable breakfest (usually poor in thai hotels). pool is quite small but acceptable. very good restaurant on the beach ( quite expensive),staff is friendly and efficient, can speak good english.no fitness center.
beach is excellent. the only shortcoming is very low tide morning and the fact that the bay is full of boats.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Havana during August 2012 with our 3 yo son and 4 months old baby girl and were very satisfied. The resort is less fancy than the one we stayed in Koh Samui, but has many other advantages.
We had a beach side deluxe room which was 1 minute away from the beach, pool and restaurant. We had an extra bed and a baby cot for free. The room was clean and spacious.
The breakfast was very nice. It included a variety of foods and drinks. The hotel restaurant is good for Indian food. If you prefer Thai food, I'd recommend Baan Puri restaurant which has an awesome BBQ and food. It's not far from the Havana.
We did our laundry and also booked a tour at the nearby White Sand store. Taking the snorkelling and waterfall tour from there is much cheaper and you'll have your own private boat.
The bay and beach are beautiful, very quiet and unspoiled by local hawkers. It's a great place to relax and enjoy doing nothing.
Id like to thank Addy from the reception. She helped me book the boat to Ko Tao and Samui, and the hotels in these islands. She was very efficient and helpful.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sint-Katelijne-Waver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

This resort is located in a trendy (meaning the beach bars)but peaceful bay.
You have to take a taxi from the bay it will take you 45 minutes to reach the resort.
The travel agenct made a mistake concerning our room but the staff at the reception solved this for us and we got a premium room with a small upgrade to pay.
Manager is very friendly to all guests and to his staff. Here you will get a personal service.
The view a fantastic but the hotel is a bit remote located.
Downsite, the interior of the room and the bathroom, with some small alterations this would be a star resort.
Good deal.
Left with pain in our hearts.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Havana Beach Resort is a very good and professional hotel with nice and very friendly staff. The atmosphere is great, having dinner on the beach or sitting near the swimming pool, it al feels good! The location is really spectacular, especially in the evening!

• Stayed July 2012