“Bad, photos 20years old!! This place is nearly abandoned!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Drop In Club Resort & Spa

You added Drop In Club Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Drop In Club Resort & Spa
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   154/1-10 Haad Rin, Baan Tai, Ko Phangan 84280, Thailand   |
Ranked #89 of 92 Hotels in Ko Phangan
london
“Bad, photos 20years old!! This place is nearly abandoned!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

This was suggested on the fullmoon web as one of the top 3 places to stay, time was running out so we took the risk without checking reviews. There is no spa, one half of the hotel has been abondoned the pool is green windows smashed in creepy like a ghost town with a rubbish tip down the side... Doesn't seem like anyone's in charge seems like the place is ran by teenagers?? The pool area stinks of sewage and must. They have completely abandoned this place, they advertise been open since 1989 everywhere err yeah I can tell!! Beds, towels stained with god knows what but mainly paint and make up. The music is so loud till 3 am the bass goes through you. You literally have to be a party "animal" to stay here. When you get charged double the price min of 5 nights you expect more than this, im pretty discusted. Also the lifts are broken the walkways are out of shape had some split open toes.... Do I really need to write anymore??

• Stayed August 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Went to Koh Phangan for the Full Moon Party with my partner....stayed on the other side of the island for 4 days & after we wanted to stay in Haad Rin for a couple of relaxing days before going on to Koh Samui....Unfortunately for us we stayed here!! Where to start, firstly our room wasn't ready yet even though we had arrived 1 hour after recommended check in, we were told (in very bad English) to come back in 45mins!!

When we eventually got back a girl showed us to our room, however on the way said "you know this is a twin room only?", we said no we had booked a double so she brought us to a different room, that hadn't been cleaned and so we had to wait another 20mins on the balcony of this dirty room so it could be cleaned! The room was filthy with dirt & glow in the dark paint on the walls & furniture, air-con sounded like a diesel generator, TV didn't work & when you used the shower the bathroom floor flooded as the water couldn't drain away! We had a "pool view", although they should rename this "swamp view" as the pool was a dark green colour and we were full expecting a crocodile to walk out of it!!!

On the second day, we decide to try the "restaurant", which looked like it hadn't been cleaned/maintained since the early 90's....I tried the beef red curry & my partner had the veggie pad thai....what was service as a curry looked like someone had vomited their stomach bile into a bowl and add ALOT of chilli & no coconut milk!! The veggie pad thai looked like it had been made with instant noodle from a Pot Noodle! I ate the rice & we left to eat somewhere else!!'

That night I went to the "HR Manager's" desk to book ferry tickets to Koh Samui for the next day. The "HR Manager" told me she didn't know how to do it and come back at 8 when the owner was there & he would sort it!! 8 o'clock came & I went down as told. The owner was there & asked "where do you want to go?" I told him about the HR Manager telling me to come back etc, etc. The owner walked away, then suddenly came back & quickly ushered me out the door & across the road to a local travel agent!! "She will sort out everything you need!"

I have stayed at numerous hotels, in numerous location around the world & this is easily the worst I ever been in!!
As was said in other reviews, if you want somewhere to stay near the Full Moon Party this is perfect but other than that do not stay here!!!

• Stayed July 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Aircon didn't work neither did the wifi, filthy, noisy, a place for young drunken party goers squeeling and yelling at all hours of the night.
Stayed one night and got out early next morning banging the doors on the way out.
I got my 500B back for the key, then couldn't see me for dust.

• Stayed July 2013
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

What is right about this place please tell me? The rooms are like something from a b grade horror film. the locks on some dont work. the filth of the place is just ewwww. theres a small pool next to the large one if u fell in it i think u would just die it looks toxic. i got food poisoning from the "chicken" green curry. i dont think it was chicken. me and my mates had a great time travelling thailand i tell everyone to go just stay away from this hotel. also the scooter shop over the road is very dodgy. she ripped off us and tried to steal my friends passport. like i said i have never made a bad review on here check my others. thanks and beware.

• Stayed August 2012
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed 4 nights in koh phangnan for the full moon party on June 23. Waited to the last minute to book a place and this was our last option. Upon arrival we were told we didn't have a reservation even though we had an confirmation email from agoda. After 20 min, they finally gave us a room, while still claiming they didn't have a reservation. Our room had water leaking from the bathroom wall, after 3 hours they couldn't fix it so we got a new room. When we got to our room we were greeted by a big cockroach, very dirty ripped sheets, and no water. Ants all over the room, wifi never works and there was no hot water. We requested no room service but coming back from the beach we found two little girls in our room pretending to clean. When packing to leave we noticed cash missing from our bag. Staff at the front desk is horribly rude!!! Nothing like the pictures, swimming pool dirty. When checking out, they refused to return our key deposit, saying we already received it even thought we still had the key. This place is a complete disaster. Overall just stay away!! Would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!! Book elsewhere.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

2 time I visited the Drop In Hotel since 2009. The Hotel is under new management and u can really see and feel the change.. Prices a OK... Staff are nice and the atmosphere is fantastic. It needs som new paint but its really on the way back to what it was a few years ago.. Thank you Tony, Stacey, Karry for all the great memories you gave mee

• Stayed June 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I had booked and payed for a week ind this hotel. After an hour we checked out. There was not one good thing about this hotel and when we told the management that notning was as the pictures online, they didnt care and we couldnt get any of out money back (oh wait, we got our keydeposit back) ...... Now Im glad we found a nice hotel on the beach instead. A week there would have been awful!

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Drop In Club Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!