It was a late honeymoon combined with a desperate need to relax and Santhiya has provided the perfect setting for both. We looked for an authentic Thai setting far from the madding crowd and certainly found it amongst the teak buildings - I actually like them going naturally grey and blending into the hillside - fantastic natural landscaping that provides intimity and a jungle setting embellished with orchids and flowering plants and trees everywhere. (They even sweep up the fallen leaves amongst the bush growth) . Do use the lotion provided in every room and bathroom to protect guests against mosquitoes, for which they also fumigate when necessary. I never heard a guest complaining about their room/villa and we have loved "the rock" room and its view over the beaches. In fact the calmness rubs off on its guests so effectively most people talk in lowered voices.
The staff are truly lovely, smiles and gentleness everywhere; no need for us to give our room number to the little wooden taxi drivers, they soon worked out where we were, the food is copious and well cooked, and the entertainment staff more than happy to serenade you with your favourite song over dinner, thank you Pinkie and her guitarist. The young lady who plays traditional thai music at breakfast every day is like an exquisite doll.
Perhaps a little difficult in access for the less mobile, because there are lots of steps and the beach next door requires a short rock climb, and this is the easiest way to the village.
The village is basically two/three streets and you have direct access to the beach at the head of the "main street". We preferred "noi" beach to "yai" beach, but each to his own. Don't come expecting hot night life and you won't be disappointed, this really is chill out territory with enough good restaurants to keep you happy - and we have been here two weeks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Santhiya Sea View Pool Villa Suite Plus is second to the highest villa category in the resort with 115sqm floor area and a truly unique character to show. Santhiya Sea View Pool Villa Suite Plus boasts its own personal infinity pools and a mini waterfall, picture-perfect panoramic sea view vistas along with a living room and open-air bathrooms. Perfect for newlyweds and honeymooners. Get lost in your very own luxurious private villa, the Santhiya Sea View Pool Villa Suite Plus. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Otel, EasyToBook, Despegar.com, HostelBookers, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Santhiya Koh Phangan Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santhiya Resort And Spa
- Santhiya Hotel Thong Nai Pan
- Santhiya Hotel Ko Phangan
- Santhiya Resort Ko Phangan