An absolutely gorgeous place to stay. The staff were amazing, almost embarassingly helpful. The restaurant had amazing food, particularly the fish. There are yoga and meditation classes everyday, good for beginners and more advanced. The spa offers a very wide range of massages and treatments.
My only criticism is that it's certainly not cheap by Thai standards. The accommodation in particular is a little pricey. We had a very nice but bungalow but it certainly wasn't luxurious (no a/c) but it still cost more than a lot of places we stayed with nicer accommodation. They justify this by saying they offer many other quality services and it has to cost more to ensure they offer the best. However, seeing as you pay for all spa, food and yoga classes etc. as extras, I'm not sure that's a fair justification. Still, overall a great place to go and chill.
- Also Known As:
- The Sanctuary Island Hotel Koh Phangan
- The Sanctuary Island Hotel
- The Sanctuary Island Spa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Established in 1991 The Sanctuary is a unique beach front resort offering beautiful houses, comfortable bungalows and budget dorm beds & boasts a 300 + vegetarian and seafood menu & bakery. Offering a diverse Spa menu & Detox fasting center, day trips, Kayaking, snorkelling and our gym to encourage you out of your beach front hammock. An eclectic mix of guests ensures a special beach holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your The Sanctuary Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.