We booked into Neptune's Villa after having spent a week on Haad Rin Nok. We were first shown the bungalow but asked for rooms closer to the beach and Lisa, the lovely lady from reception, then took us to a first floor garden view room with an amazing sea view - definitely try and get this one. I think it was room 203. We got a bargain rate of THB 800 per night due to low season, non full moon and curfew ;-)
Lisa said that more people book into the rooms across the other side of the road, near the pool but we liked our one as it seemed more peaceful within lush and well kept gardens.
The room was clean and spacious, had a very large terrace, kettle and two bottles of free water, tv with premium movie channel, power shower and very comfortable beds. Only negative was that when we checked in the guy walking us to our room told us that we cannot set the AC below 20C, otherwise it will break it. The turbo didn't seem to work and we didn't dare to turn it lower after that, so we sweated a lot and were eaten alive by mosquitoes (30+ bites in 6 days). So, if you check in then definitely confront them about that and ask if you can set it lower, as it will be very hot.
Also, cleaning service was not very good. Room seemed dirtier than before, they also threw away our 7-Eleven bags which we used as bin bags, and didn't supply us with enough bin bags. I would recommend waiting for them to come round (between 12-2), hand them your towels, get new stuff and try to keep the room clean yourself.
Pool was nice and large, but only open until 6pm which is definitely too early. Apparently there's a fine, too, for use after that time. I think it was THB 1,000. No pool bar, you can order drinks across the road from reception and they bring it to you, but it's rather tedious, so we didn't use the pool much. It's also not very deep, the usual 1.40m/1.60m with a jacuzzi section at the end.
We never went swimming in the sea, the sunrise beach is definitely cleaner than this one. They usually burnt rubbish as well in the area, every evening so you couldn't be outside for an hour or so until the bad (and probably dangerous) smell subsided.
Overall a nice place to stay but if I had the choice again I would go to the sunrise beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Neptune's Villa is located on Had Rin Nai, the quiet and serene sunset beach on the southern side of Had Rin town. This side of Had Rin is well known for its peace and tranquility, with Neptune's Villa right in the heart of the village that borders this beach. Only 5 minutes walk to full moon party. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Neptune's Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Neptune`s Villa Hotel Koh Phangan
- Neptunes Hotel Ko Phangan