We had a hotel room during the full moon rave period. Room was very small, the balcony was shabby and overlooked a construction zone. the bathroom was ok except for the broken, patched up frame of the window. Wardrobe very loud and creaky. Hot water stopped working 30seconds after i started my first shower and didn't go again for the next 5 days. room service didn't bother servicing our room one day and they didn't empty the toilet paper waste basket on another day. Pretty much every night we were woken up by the hotel guests banging drunkenly on doors and vomiting and swearing. The middle pool is nice, surrrounded by frangipani trees but the beachside pool and restaurant is a disgrace. The pool was so dirty and murky you couldn't see the bottom at all. The deck chairs are incredibly faded and cracked. The restaurant was the worst service i've had in my life!!! no smile, no hello, they really didn't like the customers at all. they'd walk off in the middle of taking your order, that's even if they'd acknowledge you at all. i felt really silly being the only one standing at the counter waiting to order and the 2 staff just kept on talking to themselves and after a while reluctantly decided to see what I wanted.. When they got your order wrong or just forgot it completely (which was often) there was no sorry, just a roll of the eyes and walk off. The food was horrible and took so long to come out. one day we were told the food must be eaten inside the restaurant, not outside by the pool. But everyone else was allowed to eat outside...? I'm a patient person but i was getting ready to start yelling at the restaurant staff. It was more like a jail house kitchen than an overpriced resort. on the upside, the reception staff were lovely and helpful and spoke very good english. on the whole Phangan buri left a very bad taste in my mouth.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BEST WESTERN Phanganburi Resort is located on the Island of Koh Phangan, Thailand. You will find our Phangan Beach Resort in Haad Rin, where an almost non-stop activity has become one of the world’s most exciting destinations.Surrounded by the unspoiled nature, the resort is set on its own beach at the south of the island. Haad Rin overlooks the Island of Koh Samui and has brilliant sunset scenery. Explore and enjoy the experience of spending the entire holiday with on-shore recreations without leaving the resort.The adventure never ends with just a short walk to the colorful shopping, the entertainment areas and the legendary night life of Haad Rin Nok City.Besides its own long beach front, other amenities include two swimming pools, outdoor poolbar, on beachfront restaurant, spa with traditional Thai massage, banquet room, tour desk, currency exchange, minimart and a lot more.All Rooms provideLCD TV with local and international channels and remote controlCoffee/tea making facilitiesAir conditioning with remote controlComplimentary water (1 bottle/day/person)Safety box, Refrigerator, Telephone, Wardrobe, Hairdryer, Umbrella, Slippers, Complimentary Wi-Fi, Working desk, Full length view mirror ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and HotelTravel.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN Phanganburi Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Phanganburi Hotel Koh Phangan
- Phanganburi Hotel Ko Phangan
- Phanganburi Resort Ko Phangan