“Decent staff, decent food and decent stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Phanganburi Resort

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Phanganburi Resort to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Phanganburi Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   120/1 Moo 6, Haad Rin Nai Beach, Ko Phangan 84280, Thailand   |
Ranked #29 of 91 hotels in Ko Phangan
York, United Kingdom
“Decent staff, decent food and decent stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

A friend and I had been traveling around Northern Thailand and Laos for a while and thought we'd spend the end of our trip chilling out in Koh Phangan. After a fairly stressful few days in Bangkok we were really looking forward to just relaxing on Haad Rin. On arrival the staff were polite and really friendly... we were even upgraded to a cottage! The room was really nice - clean, light, near the pool and beach, quiet! The breakfast was included, and we weren't expecting much - but the endless amount of bacon, eggs and waffles every morning became one of the highlights of the stay. (Only concern was that breakfast was only open until 10am - not really enough time for a couple of teenage Half Moon-goers to get up and out of bed before then!)
Location of the hotel is really convenient for anyone on Koh Phangan - a quiet setting just around the corner from Haad Rin, and the hotel offers an excellent, reasonable taxi service to anywhere on the island.
For someone on a budget this hotel may not be the cheapest, but certainly offers the best value for money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

328 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Thai first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Everything started off ok, arrived at the hotel after a plane and boat trip so going to a room with a bed I didn't care about anything else, we were brought to a little cottage room close to the ocean also close to the pool which u would think was convenient except they had these big loud speakers around the pool that played up until eight at nite, and it wasn't like this music was relaxing, no it was dance music playing 9 hrs a day, don't get me wrong I love dance music but it was so loud I couldn't even hear my friend talk when we were in the balcony and they play the same cd over and over and over again. Thinking it was the best western being a international hotel chain the breakfast was so poor I gave up on the 3rd day they had NO bacon only pineapple was served that day, and one person making eggs I ask for ONE SUNNY SIDE UP I had to ask about four times, what did I get TWO EGGS cooked on both sides even though I ask her four times and not to mention it tasted like butter it was drained in it. Two kinds if juice there was NOTHING I went to baan samui, and banthai on phuket and serious the breakfast they had doughnuts, pastries, biscuits u name it they had it. I just thought being the best western they would've been the best but they were far disappointing, the beds were hard and our Aircon was leaking dripping over our so called plasma which looked like a computer screen.Then the tv started to play up we went up to the reception to ask to get someone to fix it nobody came so waiting all day i went up and spoke to someone for the second time angry, im not racist but if its a international hotel and u get mostly english speaking people wouldnt u want some english speaking staff atleast a couple. Seriously why put a tv under a Aircon at the risk of it leaking and it did now the tv has a huge round water ring on the face. The shower was so far back that u literally have to push urself up against the wall to just get under it, I will not be staying here again and I suggest u go somewhere else and if ur a older couple DON'T NOT STAY CLOSE TO THE POOL THE MUSIC WAS FAR TOO LOUD!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013
Srirachi, Chon Buri, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I spent one night during Songkran holiday here. This place is located on one of the best location of Haad-rin, the traditionally-decorated room is clean and comfortable with all necessary facilities and all staffs here are nice and full of service mind. I love this place :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

It's my second time visiting this amazing place.Resort have a very beautiful view, I got a beach view in front of my room and natural mountain view behind my room and I also like it because everything are clean. You can take walk along the beach, swim in swimming pool near the beach or even treat yourself with some SPA. It's a very good choice if you are looking for some place to relax and quite privacy. I'm gonna visit this place again if i have a chance. :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed here on 12-14 Apr.The room is so comfortable, new and clean. It's so private here, you can do whatever you want! You can also walk to Haad Rin, it's take only 10 min. There is 7-11 next to the hotel so it's easy to buy your things. This hotel also has a van service so you can go to night market or other places easily. The room rate is about 4,000-5,000 baths/night with breakfast. I do reccomend this hotel for everyone who is searching for an accommodations in Koh Phangan!

• Stayed April 2013
St-Jean-sur-Richelieu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

My wife and I spent a week between March 7th and 14. We arrived with the ferry and they were kind enough to pick us up at the ferry. Immediately, Naidy (sorry for the spelling) made our travel to the hotel very nice.

Everyone at the hotel was very nice and available to our needs. After reading the reviews, we asked if it was possible to be in the cabins instead of the main buildings. The person at the reception was kind enough to put us at the best cabins; the one right by the beach and the pool. Needles to say we enjoyed the spot very much sinc we had first view to the sunset. Hundreds of pictures.

The location is very very convenient since we are 10 minutes away from the other side of the island (Haad Rin sunrise beach). We are also sitting right by a 7/11, which is very nice. So we could go to the large beach of Haad Rin (may be the nicest beach of the whole Thailand) with no pain and be on a very quiet hotel. A must if you go to the Full Moon Party.

We had a very pleasant visit to the spa for a 90minutes massage. I thought it was only 15 minutes and it was already 90 minutes! Must have gone to heaven. The rates are very goog.

The pool and the beach are very nice and clean. The restaurant is good, we ate most of our meals there. Prices are good. But most of all the staff is fantastic. I know I will miss some names but here are the ones who were outstanding. Pad, Joey, Wai, Phyc, Mala and Cynthia. Especially is Tim (?) who teach us basic Thai.

We keep a very good souvenir of you all and will always remember you.!!!

Room Tip: Ask for the bungalows and have a few massages!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

The good place is for relax time.Fantastic location , Staff and facilities are fantastic.It's wonderful for my vacation. Highly recommended !! It's suitable for family,couples,friends and coworkers. The swimming pool is also amazing because the area around that.

Room Tip: Rooms near the sea is the best
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to BEST WESTERN Phanganburi Resort? Share your experiences!