“Such a lovely place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Baan Panburi Village At Yai Beach

You added Baan Panburi Village At Yai Beach to your Saves list
Baan Panburi Village At Yai Beach
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Thong Nai Pan Yai Beach | 2 Moo 5, Baan Tai, Ko Phangan 84280, Thailand   |
Ranked #44 of 90 Hotels in Ko Phangan
Sydney, Australia
“Such a lovely place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

After a few days on the west side of Koh Phangan I went on a day trip to Thong Nai Pan and fell in love with Yai beach and decided to move there for the rest of my stay on the island. I was expecting to pay a lot more for accommodation on that side of Koh Phangan but a friend recommended Baan Panburi village. Wow! Beautiful garden, clean bungalows and the best service I had on this island. All that for a very reasonable price. Great place to stay!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Yes, this is one of the best values on the beach. Yes it is right on the beach -- we had one of the closest bungalows to the beach. And it was nice to sit on the porch watching the shore and the kids. But, if you are traveling with a family, you may want to look elsewhere. The bungalows are very small, mosquitoes abound away from the beach, and the bungalows near the beach are quite noisy at night because the restaurant is right there. The restaurant itself is barely adequate. Service is nothing special, and dogs roam the premises and have a habit of making a deposit in from of your cabin (this happened to us twice in 7 days). We found the mattresses dirty and the smell a little dank. Other cabins had worse smell problems. The bathroom is open to the air for some reason, meaning that you shower while dodging mosquitoes. While our hot water did work, other people staying there told us they had no hot water.

Bottomline: My advice is that if you do not care about quality, cleanliness, and comfort, but you do want to save a lot of money, then this is the place for you. Otherwise, pay a little more for something nicer.

Room Tip: If you do decide to stay here, try to get as close to the beach as possible.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Scarborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I can see from the reviews that some people are expecting the top of the range hotel on the beach!
We went there for 7 nights and it was fabulous! Obviously we had THE best hut which is the closest on the beach and yes, it is facing the restaurant/ reception and next to the massage table..... erm....! Yeah! Brilliant! We have made the effort to learn a bit of Thai, a bit of respect for our hosts and we had a great service! They were all very hospitable and friendly!
I could unfortunately sense that they had been desappointed before by other guests, and the tone would be very different with other people staying in the resort expecting everything!
Relax!
However, I have to say that having some holiday flats, here in the UK I can definitively understand how hard it is to keep the linen tip top white and maybe a few staines but clean! so no worries!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

We stayed at Baan Panburi for a week and enjoyed it! I would highly recommend getting the Sea View Hut, with AC, Fan, the entire package, basically the best hut you could get on the property. We were lucky enough to get the hut S1, which it only entirely beach facing sea view hut on the property. You can still see the beach from the other Sea View huts, but if I'm paying the same price I'd rather get an unobstructed view. Overall the service is outstanding and the rooms are cleaned daily, so don't worry about tracking sand inside.

Yai beach is also one of the quieter beaches so staying at one end of the beach we did not hear any noises past 10pm. The property doesn't have a pool or a fitness center, but you're on the beach! It's a 1/2 mile stretch which makes for perfect morning run...who needs a treadmill!

Room Tip: Get the S1 hut if staying in Sea View rooms....it's the closest to the beach!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
North East England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

My partner and I stayed here for 3 nights in the middle of a 3 week trip around Thailand.
First impressions weren't great, our room was right beside the cleaners room, with rubbish and bin bags right by the entrance to our decking. We asked if it was possible to move rooms, but they were fully booked. The next morning we found a member of staff planting trees to hide the cleaners room and provide a bit of a boundary. We felt terrible for complaining, but the service was second to none.
Location was right on the beach, cheap beer in the bar. Plenty of nice places to eat. We ate in the village each night. The best restaurants were definitely the smaller family run establishments.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

Very nice place to stay... nice beach... very nice staff (as like as all Thai people)... The Staff is FANTASTIC!!!! Lovley food... good price!!!! So, the PERFECT PLACE to stay in Holiday...
p.s.: OAK is the best!!!!
See you soon guys!!!! Next year I come back with about 10 people...
Regards,
Matteo the BIG BOSS!
(from Italy)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

Originally locate have stayed here many times over the last ten years. Like most seasoned travellers I like to explore. I always come back to the best places. Baan Panburi offers a real down to earth homely, friendly place to stay. The accomodation and staff are spot on. Very friendly and very helpful, wether it be local knowledge, re-booking flights, organising day trips. All can be done here. The actual beach itself is simply beautiful, with crystal clear waters. I have been to many resorts and smaller family run setups. In my opinion Ban Panburri tick all the right boxes. This I would reccomend as a must for visitors to Koh Phagnan. I have encouraged many friends to visit, and all have been glad they did. All have come back time and time again. The value for money is simply ridiculous. All accomodation is within 100m from beach, with the closest on the beach. Its the staff that makes the place what it is, super friendly, they take pride in everything they do. I am back in Thailand in July for a month and this will be one of my first stops. My fiance is a 5 star best hotel type of girl...When i brought her here for the first time 3 years ago, she was blown away, couldn't stop talking about our hut, hammock, staff and location. Thank god eh...If not i'd have packed her bag myself. Any one that is visiting Thailand's Koh Phagnan shoulake the effort definitely make the effort and visit this dream cove. I have been here with friends, girlfriend, plus girlfriends son and alone. It never fails to please me every time.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Been to Baan Panburi Village At Yai Beach? Share your experiences!