“Perfect place to relax!” 5 of 5 stars

My Phangan Resort
17/5 Moo 4, Ko Phangan, Thailand   |
Ranked #24 of 91 hotels in Ko Phangan
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Perfect place to relax!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Friendly and helpful owners and staff, clean bungalows, lovely clean and quiet private beach and cute bar. Perfect spot for chilling out or for getting ready for full moon but far enough away that its quiet too. Definitely recommended!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Where to start? I stayed at My Phangan in late August with my boyfriend and another couple. We were amazed at how laid back and kind the owners were. When we arrived, Beat showed us the book where we would log all of the things we wanted to purchase; water, beer, food, etc. Just write it in the book and pay at the end! Immediately we felt at home. Yoyo showed us to our bungalows, complete with front porch hammock. The room was simple but all we needed. Hot shower, air con, and a bed. Our room was a stone's throw from the ocean, and the beach bar was just as close. A pair of kayaks also lay on the beach for our use at any time which was a great perk!

Eating and drinking here was tasty and very affordable. Beat's wife Koi prepared the meals for us during our whole stay. We chose to eat on the beach mostly, because, why not? Had a Half-moon warm up party here as well, and they provided neon paint and plenty of buckets. Made for a great night!

All in all, our very favorite place during our month-long holiday in Thailand! Would love to come back someday!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Where to begin... My husband pre booked this place and I had just let him do all the research I had no clue what to expect. When the cab dropped us off I was like 'oh no, where are we?' But once we continued to walk into the property all my doubts went away.
We met Beat first thing he welcomed us and Yoyo showed us to our bungalow. We stayed in the aircon room. It was simple no big thrills just a double bed clean sheets and a bathroom. We had a hammock on our porch, I was happy.
The private beach was beautiful.
The beachside bar was cute and perfect. All the drinks were cheap just as much as you would pay at a convenient store.
The food! Koy is a great cook. Everything was made to order. The menu was reasonably priced and everything I had was great. You could eat in the main seating area, the bar or on the beach.
Beat, Koy and Yoyo were always so happy and ready to help.
When the bar was not open we were welcome to get whatever drinks we wanted from the fridge and we just had to write what we got in a notebook with our room number, we build up a tab and just paid it off at the end of our stay.
We stayed for three nights and went to the half moon party. I had more fun at the pre-party there then I did at the actual half moon party.
If we could, we would of stayed there for weeks.
If and when we return to Thailand we will no doubt return to My Phanghan Resort.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
malta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

This bungalow is in ban taai koh phangan 5 min away by bike from haad rin !!! Its save and its with a private beach :) The cleaner of this bungalows is very cool and friendly his nic name is yoyo dont forget to tell him to make a relaxing night Sea food bbq in the same Restaurant !! I stays for the fullmoon in march 2012

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Three of us stayed for the full moon party, it was great. The bar is almost on the beach and its as cheap as the seven eleven. The hotel food is outstanding and brilliant value for money. We booked the hotel in advance and have no regrets what's so ever!

• Stayed September 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed here in late August and couldn't have better things to say about it. The staff were incredible; completely friendly and approachable, very accommodating and knowledgable of the island. The bungalows were well kept with a hammock on the porch of each one. Fan in room was adjustable from wall switch, warm shower too. Has a great little beach bar, large covered common area, and serves good food. All in all will never stay anywhere on Phangan besides this place in the future thanks in great part to the wonderful staff. Enjoy!

• Stayed August 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

This is a very nice resort, the bungalows are simple but clean and the beds were the most comfortable ones during our visit in Thailand! If you want a calm place not far from Haad Rin you would choose this resort. You come to Haad Rin for only 100 baht by taxi and its very good!

• Stayed August 2013

Been to My Phangan Resort? Share your experiences!