“Perfect Resort in Paradise!!” 5 of 5 stars

My Phangan Resort
17/5 Moo 4, Ko Phangan, Thailand   |
Ranked #24 of 91 hotels in Ko Phangan
Tamworth, United Kingdom
“Perfect Resort in Paradise!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

If your looking for somewhere to kick back and relax or if your looking for the perfect resort to chill out at after the parties, whether your with family or friends this resort has it all.... Friendly staff, clean & modern rooms with an authentic feel with amazing views, top quality food with a great beach bar service, CLEAN pool and a beach with the finest white sand and a sunset to die for! Thanks Andy, Datch and Adam for making my 12 night stay an experience i'll never forget :-) See you on my return in the New Year!! JP

Room Tip: Beach Bungalows are a MUST! Open your door and feel the sand between your toes with a view to die fo...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Kilmarnock, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

I stayed there in November of 2009.There wasn't any problem.It is A low cost resort.
The only thing is they didn't have a refrigerator or tv.But the airconditioning worked
great.It is at A good location on the island.just a 7 minute ride from the "full moon party".
and about a 7 minute drive from the main town Thong Sala.
Ya can either rent a motorbike or catch A songthew they are like taxi's.They run the main drag all day.

Room Tip: I had A room right next to the beach.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

Wow - this place is amazing! We booked in advance but never expected how fantastic it was going to be If you don't want to stay on Had Rin beach, then stay on Ban Tai beach so you can relax in the day and party in the night. My Phaghan resort is directly on Ban Tai beach which is beautiful (unlike Had Rin) and the bungalows are simple but very clean! 6 of us stayed here for 4 days and had a wonderful time.Its the perfect chill out beach bungalow resort, The owners are the most hard-working friendliest men EVER. We fell in love with them! Don't despair if you are hungry and want some food, they will do it quickly and efficiently and it will taste good. They are legends! Couldn't fault this place at all, especially for the money you pay to stay here. Book in advance and you WILL not regret it. Have a look at the photos I uploaded.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011 via mobile

Me and my friend (2 Aussie girls stayed at my phangan resort) it was great we made friends with everyone that stayed there we became a little koh phangan family (ended up traveling rest of thailand with a few) it's 15 min out if had rin but they call taxis for u or we also rented a scooter. Very chilled atmosphere the owners let us put food and drink on tab, food was great and cheap! Free Internet. Great value for money!

• Stayed November 2010
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011 via mobile

There were quite a few of us staying here so we were able to see about 4 bugalows. Basically it is fantastic value for money. We are all young and were looking for cheap accommodation so this was perfect. We stayed here for the half moon party as it's a perfect location. My bungalow was fine and clean. A friends had no lights and holes in the bathroom it was rather funny but no problem. All I can say is it is simple accommodation with a small private beach - sometimes jumping spiders. About a 20min took took ride to town centre. Food is very cheap, owner will make you whatever you want (within reason of course). Great for pre drinking. Very private and I felt safe which was the main thing.

• Stayed November 2010
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

We stayed here for 5 nights during the full moon period and it was perfect! The owners are 2 guys who are really helpful and friendly. The food is great and really cheap. The rooms are fine, not luxury but great value for money. They were clean and roomy, we had a fridge & TV. The beach isn't the best simply because that stretch of coast at Ban Kai isn't as nice as other bits of the island, but it was secluded and you could sunbath undisturbed all day! Would certainly go back if I was returning to Koh Phangan again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2008

We stayed 5 nights at My Phangan Resort from 29th Dec-3rd Jan. Our 1st time in Thailand and our 1st stop. We basically had a shed with a bed, small double and a mosquito net with holes in it! But we absolutly adored it! We were literally 5 steps from the water, hardly saw anybody on our bit of beach the 5 days we were there. The seclusion compared to other resorts in say, Haad Rin was great. The resort itself is a 10min walk off the main road, 2 mins on a moped. The food wasnt great at all, but the Morning Star is next door and we ate there a lot. We prob wouldnt stay here again as we would enjoy a few more luxuries than this resort offers but its fantastic value for money and if youre roughing it like we did 1st time in Thailand its perfect.

• Liked — Secluded
  • Disliked — No little extras at all
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to My Phangan Resort? Share your experiences!