“Amazing day dive at sail rock” 5 of 5 stars

+66 77 445081
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Tropical Dive Club is located in Thongtapan Resort at the northern end of Thong Nai Pan Noi. Just talk a stroll down the beach and look for our dive flag. Our beach front office is open from 10am to 7pm, 7 days a week. Tropical Dive Club offers a full range of internationally recognised SSI and Padi dive courses in English and German. Alongside our daily trips to Sail Rock, Tropical Dive Club plans weekly trips to Koh Ma, Koh Tao or the Ang Thong Marine Park, allowing you to explore more of the amazing and colourful underwater world surrounding Koh Phangan. We also arrange snorkeling tours around the island.At Tropical Dive Club, we know you are on holiday, and want to give you the best experience possible. Our fast boat will take you quickly, comfortably and directly from the beach to the best sites in the Gulf of Thailand. Our boats are fully equipped with buoyancy aids, first aid kits and oxygen for your safety. Our high quality dive equipment, late departure time, small groups and highly trained dive staff allow you to relax and enjoy your holiday to the full.
5 attraction reviews
“Amazing day dive at sail rock”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

The crew was absolutely professional and the atmosphere was just perfect on this day dive to sail rock.
We couldn't ask for more of this dive accept mybe seeing a shark...

I recommend this guys it wss just fun. Thank you...

London, United Kingdom
“Awesome diving with a great team.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Thong Noi Pan for a couple of weeks earlier this month and were lucky enough to dive with the team from Tropical Dive Club. The process of booking in was very laid back and set the tone for our experiences with them. We simply strolled past their hut on the beach on our way to a massage, talked about our dive history briefly and agreed to be back at 9.30am the following day!
We dove at Sail Rock, an hour away from Thong Noi Pan by fast boat, and were accompanied by Gert, who runs Tropical Dive Club. I'm always a little nervous on my first dive and due to long standing problems with my ears I can often struggle to equalise upon descent. Gert was fantastic at putting me at ease and throughout our dives, he was a fantastic dive leader, vigilant and ensuring that each of our 3 strong group was comfortable whilst pointing out some incredible marine life. His calm and chilled out demeanour was apparent even 20m below!!
Later in our trip I had hurt my back and thought my diving opportunities were done. The guys at TDC were fantastic when i explained the problem and they helped me 'kit-up' at the end of the boat and helped take my kit from me in the sea at the end of the dive so I was able to explore the gorgeous waters of the Gulf of Thailand some more.
The variety and sheer volume of fish, along with some incredible coral and anemones made for some perfect memories... all of this with a group of dive instructors that I would heartily recommend you get to know...
Can't wait to go back.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Kent, United Kingdom
“The Tropical Dive Club, THE best place to learn to dive!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

A slightly late review, but still worth it!
My husband and I were Island hopping on our honeymoon Oct 2013. He was quite keen on doing a bit of diving having tried it before. I was terrified of the sea, but then we came across Nwe, who worked there at the time. She was so friendly and smiley and said it was possible to have a practice in the shallow water near to the beach, if I didnt like it I could cancel the rest of the course. To my husbands surprise I signed up. We took our homework and I got myself psyched up.

The next day we met Sophie, our instructor. She was incredibly understanding and patient and made me feel completely relaxed in the water. The three of us had a great laugh together and my nerves settled. I really started to enjoy myself.

We took the boat to Sail rock and I was feeling really seasick and truly wondering if it was going to be worth it. But it sure was! It was fantastic!

I completed the course and to this day can't believe I can call myself an open water diver. Before I had gone into the sea to about knee level, now I've been down to 18m!!!

The sights at sail rock were amazing too, the colourful fish were just beautiful. We have watched back the video Sophie made so many times.

I also had the pleasure of naming the new edition to the Tropical dive club, Tuna! Who was a tiny kitten then!

The Tropical Dive Club is excellent. I would advise anyone that has never been diving to give this a go. Sophie is an excellent instructor. I have not looked back since, my husband bought me my very own fins for Christmas!!!

London, United Kingdom
“Great diving in the gulf of Thailand”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

We had a great time with Tropical Dive Club in koh Phangan and went to Sail Rock four times and saw lots of fish - haven't seen this many outside the Red Sea. The team are very knowledgable with a wide experience of diving in Thailand over many years. The team is very professional and friendly, making sure divers are comfortable and understand what is going on. Equipment was in good condition with a wide selection of things to hire. Gert knows the area well and took good care of us and had many stories to tell and Sophie had lots of advice to share. Highly recommend them and will use them again in the future. Tom & Kiran (65 dives collectively)

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Newport Beach, California
“Amazing Dive!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We loved Tropical Dive Club!! We have traveled a lot and have dove with many different dive shops and Tropical Dive surpasses them all. Our dive at sail rock was incredible just like diving in an aquarium! Sophie was our instructor and she is the best. We are both certified divers and she made us feel so comfortable and at home!!