“Fantastic for a party!” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hostel   |   30 Moo 1, Ko Phangan 84280, Thailand   |
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Fantastic for a party!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Stayed here over the full moon and had a great time! Like anywhere on Koh Phangan, prices are put up during this peak time, so we ended up paying about £10 per night. Really good atmosphere with pre-parties every night we were there, there was even a DJ on the Full Moon night. There's a bar at the hostel which serves very strong drinks! You're not allowed to bring in your own drinks though, so that's probably a god job. Really good free breakfast every morning and an all-you-can-eat buffet every night for about £2, which was of good quality. There's secure lockers, reasonable WiFi and a boutique hostel about 2 minutes away that lets you use its infinity pool for free! Only reason that I didn't give it 5 stars was because while we were there, we were told there was a 'water shortage' on the island which meant the showers only worked at certain times and there was no water at all at night. I'm not sure if I believed this excuse as I didn't see any signs of the 'water shortage' elsewhere on the island!!! All in all, a great hostel if you're on Koh Phangan to party and meet people.

Room Tip: During full moon time, they put mattresses on the floor in the 9 bed dorms - although this sounds te...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Hagerstown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I arrived in Koh Phangan with about 400 baht in my pocket on the eve of the Half Moon Party. I knew I wanted to stay in Ban Tai, but the hostel I arrived at was booked...but I was pointed in the direction of Echo Beach. Serendipity! I arrived at the coolest hostel I have ever stayed at. Mark and Sarah, the proprietors, were able to accommodate me, help me out with my cash shortage by starting me on a tab, give me great advice on where to go and what to do. The music and DJs that play here are ridiculous good (i.e. they could play clubs in Europe), and the people who stay and work here are chill and very cool. Half Moon Party ended up being one of the greatest nights I've had out, and I think a large part of that was due to the people I met at Echo Beach.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Spent over a week at this new, welcoming and exceptionally clean backpackers. Sarah, who runs the place with her partner, is absolutely lovely, and always happy to advise on the best beaches, parties and how to get around. The place has a bar with a great chill out area overlooking the beach, secure lockers and a very relaxed but fun vibe. Echo Beach is outside of Hadrin but close to half moon and jungle parties and there's a nice pool bar within 5 minutes walk. All the staff are super friendly and will happily introduce you to people if you're travelling alone, or you may bump into them while you're out if they're not on an early the next day! I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone visiting Koh Phangan, I was sad to leave.

Room Tip: Talk to the regulars - they're great too!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Chiang Mai, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We spent around a week there with my friend, it was just perfect! Everything good with room/bathroom... but more important Chris was amazing and helped a lot giving us the best places for see-sighting and party :D
The guesthouse is great for chilling with a nice area with sofas... Everything you need is quite close and as I said before amazing staff.
I ll definitively go back there!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

So I stayed at echo beach for my Christmas holiday and I liked it so much I stayed for NYE too.. Great location, really central but peaceful at the same time. Super cool sunsets at the beach bar, great food, I would really recommend the echo burger. The best I've had in Thailand! Dorms and beds are clean and comfortable with fans.. The staff are great fun, make you feel really welcome, I made some great friends during my stay there..

• Stayed December 2012
Ko Phangan, Surat Thani, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

What a little gem of a place!! We visited KP for a 2 weeks to check out the island and came across echo beach on our travels. For the price we couldn't believe our luck , it has to be one of the funkiest places on the island - super friendly staff, awesome food, the bar is by the beach - great sunset views. The place was very clean, and very chic,the atmosphere was fab and smack in the middle of where all the parties were being held, which was a bonus!! All in all i cannot recommend Echo beach enough, when i return to KP i know where ill be staying :).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Silly me booked a short 2 week trip to Thailand for arrival on the night of full moon on Koh Phangan between Xmas and NYE so to be expected there was nothing available anywhere except really expensive average hotels and so I decided to book a bed in a backpackers and I found Echo Beach Backpackers which I have to say was a life saver!! When I arrived (early) I was warmly welcomed by the staff and owners who are such awesome, friendly, easy going people it was really hard for me to leave.. The Hostel has delicious food, its in a really great location, its super comfy and funky, clean and the beds are clean and sweet also. You have fans in rooms and the showers are warm/cold whatever you feel like :-) I felt like my stuff was secure in my room and it turned out to be a great meeting place to meet with other friends I made on the Island and at the hostel.
There is a pool table, bar, couches and the location etc... Really handy to all the parties such as Full moon, Waterfall and others I went to.. anyway go stay here its awesome! Yay.. :-)

Room Tip: Anyroom is good but for me having air plugs and eye patch helped but I think this is the case with a...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Echo Beach Backpackers? Share your experiences!