“Beautiful hotel. good value for money!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The COAST Resort - Koh Phangan

Save Saved
You added The COAST Resort - Koh Phangan to your Saves list
The COAST Resort - Koh Phangan
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   117/21 Moo 6, Ban Tai | Haad Rin Nai (Sunset Beach), Ko Phangan 84280, Thailand   |
Ranked #3 of 91 hotels in Ko Phangan
Giv'atayim, Israel
“Beautiful hotel. good value for money!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Nice rooms, very zen-style, beautiful pool and beach, we very liked the pool bar- there were seats in the water! A lot of young (but not too young) guests and fun atmosphere.
Good prices in the hotel's restaurant and mini bar. The staff was amazingly kind and helping! Thank you Mai, Sun and Pikky! Also there was a tok-tok service and a car that took us to the pier with no extra charge.

Good value for money! Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

279 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Binyamina, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We had great time in the hotel
The service was great
We came for 2 night's and stayed 7 night's in the end
Great pool, great bar, still i think more room next 2 the poll could be better
Food was great (we had some hotel's that we didnt go 2 the breakfast even that we paid for it)
For more info i will be happy 2 answer in my facebook
Roe Ikeda

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
AdamBoulton, General Manager at The COAST Resort - Koh Phangan, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Hi Roe

Thanks for offering us support and for offering future Guests the opportunity to get more info about staying with us; we couldn't be more grateful.

As we discussed together previously regarding the little room and lounge-beds available to sit at poolside; there are indeed only 10 places here but we tried to make the beachfront area a comfortable relaxing area with bean-bags, lounge-beds, etc. as well as making 8 swim-up bar seats and the submersed lounge area within the pool itself.

Regardless of this we’re so happy that we’ve made your stay enjoyable enough to make a 2 night stay become 7 nights and even more so that you felt confident enough to recommend us to your friends and the world; so again thanks for giving us your support.

Take good care

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We have spent 5 nights at the coast a few days back and really had a great time! Amazing people that made our stay really special! Great location and service...very professional also with their reservations team! We were traveling with our 3 yrs old baby and found it very comfortable!

Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest and reviewer

To receive from someone who has a 'Passion for travel' a 5/5 rating and compliments as to be called profession and "Amazing people" really fills us with pride and we're so happy that we could make your stay so special.

Thanks for your kind words and support and we hope to welcome you and your family back to KP in the future. If you do so please contact us direct on reservation@thecoastresorts.com so we can give you our best deal, best service but most of all show you our thanks and gratitude.

Until then

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I looked around at a few hotels and this one won me on price and value. The features of the hotel are its stylish presentation of modern design set amongst well maintained and beautiful tropical gardens which front onto the beach. The rooms are clean and have everything you need including fast wi-fi, beds are large and comfortable although the pillows not ideal for me, the staff happily supplied a satisfactory alternative. The food is tasty with a reasonable selection of Thai and western dishes that won't break the budget and the drink selection is extensive with strong cocktails that hit the spot. You'll probably find swimming in the pool preferable to the sea as there was a fair bit of seaweed around, it might have just been the time of the year. The hotel would be most comfortable for those aged under thirty (which is most heading to the Island for full moon parties ) for those over thirty you will still find good value for money but may want to consider the next level up with room service , laundry and those extra comforts that some of us enjoy on holidays.

Greater clarity about directions to get there would be a good idea. Ferries to Phangan were cancelled the day we arrived at Koh Samui (to late in the afternoon) so it was an expensive and inconvenient journey from Island to Island and an extra nights accommodation on Samui. Early morning ferry is your best bet as the journey appears to get rougher as the Island winds come in the afternoon. There are so many ferry timetables floating around on line and they are not necessarily punctual or accurate so beware of cutting it too fine with connecting flights.

Room Tip: Sea Breeze is nice
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
AdamBoulton, General Manager at The COAST Resort - Koh Phangan, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Max

Thank you for taking the time to review us and offer us positive support.

We often receive our positive reviews due to the feelings generated by our friendly service so its pleasing to read a positive review that's also from a more considered and practical view of price measured against our facilities as well as the amenities and services we provide. Glad to hear that at the end of your stay we provided you the good value that you were first looking for.

Its a great shame that you were so unlucky with the weather; I believe that was the first day so far this year that ferries have been cancelled coming from Samui. Your advice is sound enough but as its is so rare and infrequent I wouldn't worry so much in future. However if you or any other Guests are concerned then our team are always ready and available with travel advice at reservation@thecoastresorts.com.

Thanks again

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Clean, well built place, rooms good And staff excellent. Does not come with the services like laundry but that does not matter as across the rd is a laundry that cleans clothes for 50b per kg. pool and bar excellent. We liked the small size of this resort.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Nick

Thanks for your support in a short but very sweet review.

The laundry service is on our "To Do" list but we'll only do when we can do the best service we possibly can. In the meantime we're happy to support local small business and the little family across the street treat our Guests with care.

As for the rest, the resort and staff. we're happy that we gave you a 5/5 stay with us.

See you again

Adam and everyone at The COAST Resort
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I booked my stay at COAST Resort during a Full Moon Party weekend. I considered staying at a hostel, but decided I wanted a more comfortable stay and sprang for a nicer room. I did not expect that by spending less than $50 US more per night on my hotel. I would be upgraded from a noisy cramped space to a peaceful, comfortable and classy resort. The pool bar on the beach is very memorable. The whole trip felt like a surreal dream of pleasure.

I would've given it 5 stars regardless, but something happened on checkout that makes me wish I could give it ten. I rushed out of my room and hopped on to the back of a moped taxi to make it to my ferry (barely made it). Just as I was boarding, the hotel concierge and hostess came screeching up on a moped of their own, to hand me a pair of shorts and, more importantly, my smartphone, which I had left in my room in my hurry. They had followed me for a 20 minute trip to return my things to me before I got on my ferry.

I think these types of experiences and the dedication to customer service needed to create them are something rare and very special. I had an amazing time in Koh Phangan, will be back many times and will never stay anywhere but COAST Resort.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear Lawrence

Thank you for this review and support but thanks most of all for recognizing and appreciating what we think separates us here at The COAST; caring. We'd imagine that at most other resorts the reception team wouldn't be able to leave their post in such a situation but here we encourage and praise such personal shows of care. The rest of the team at the resort will always be happy to pull together and cover each other. We feel so proud that you see this as something rare and special.

Looking forward to next time .... but next time we'll check you out hour early and help you double check your things :)

Adam, Myo (the housekeeper who found your phone), Zaw (the concierge) and Sun (the hostess) as well as the rest of the team.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

hen I arrived the reception team were so welcoming and made me feel right at home right away. The room I stayed in was great, I’m not usually one for really modern style but they’ve designed the rooms to feel spacious and minimalist but very comfortable; and spotless. Then the simple grey walls lining the resort and its rooms help to highlight the plants, flowers, trees and small gardens throughout. The gardeners are amazing by the way; they’re so friendly, always smiling and its almost as if they catch every leaf that falls before it even hits the ground.

I stayed for 10 days and pretty much just found myself my own beanbag under the beautiful tree they have on the beach and just stayed there all day every day relaxing. I didn’t have to get up once, I always had a waiter or waitress attending to me asking me if there was anything I needed. They all seemed happy in their jobs which makes it easier for them to be attentive.

Can’t wait for my next visit ….. definitely worth the long-haul flight.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Hi Jess

Thailand is such an amazing place and more and more people from all over the world are starting to discover that. I'm glad that we could be a part of that for you.

Happy to see the gardeners getting some direct credit as I feel that they do an excellent job for us here and they do so with big smiles on their faces. We're lucky to have them.

Thanks for the review and fantastic support and we hope to see you soon

Adam and each and every person in our team

Been to The COAST Resort - Koh Phangan? Share your experiences!