“A Great stay, great loation, great view and most of all great staff! :)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The COAST Resort - Koh Phangan

Save Saved
You added The COAST Resort - Koh Phangan to your Saves list
The COAST Resort - Koh Phangan
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   117/21 Moo 6, Ban Tai | Haad Rin Nai (Sunset Beach), Ko Phangan 84280, Thailand   |
Ranked #3 of 91 hotels in Ko Phangan
Cairo, Egypt
“A Great stay, great loation, great view and most of all great staff! :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The Coast Resort is very close to the main fun activities and beach parties on the isalnd but it also has its privacy with a great romantic view. I love that the hotel was spotless clean. My room had a beach and pool view at a good price for Thailand in general. The bar and the pool were lovely and the atmosphere was not good only for us couples but I will bring my kids next time too.
I want to thank thank the staff and the general manager most for their gratitude and most of all I like how the GM empowers his staff to work and gave them the space to be friendly yet professional. Thanks again for a great holiday!

Room Tip: Most hotels have limitted beach /pool view in Thailand and especially the islands so it's also g...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
AdamBoulton, General Manager at The COAST Resort - Koh Phangan, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
I’d like to take a moment to convey my gratitude for the praise you have directed to me personally. However I cannot take all this credit as I have a wonderful management team here that supports me and holds the same belief that everyone from the staff to our guests should feel at home and enjoy all their days here; this is our resort concept. It could also not be possible without the right people and we’re lucky to have a great staff team here with great personalities. We’re also lucky to have attracted an amazing host of guests to date who have given us great on-line support and helped to create the friendly atmosphere in and around our resort. I’d certainly consider you within this and so would like to thank you once again. See you poolside !

281 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Amazing hotel! Such a good atmosphere at the pool with deadly music. Staff were so kind (especially Kib) ! Very welcoming right from the start. May be a 10 min walk from the FM but it is definitely worth it! Cannot wait to go back at the end of our trip! No where compares to it!

Room Tip: Room 1 - 5 are the best :)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Hey Sally well after this review we’ll be even more welcoming when you come back in July! Thanks so much and you gave Kib a big smile from ear to ear after I showed her your review. Enjoy the rest of your trip and we’ll see you poolside in a few weeks.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

A truly great place from which to base a vacation. My wife & I always look for a boutique places with restuarants, pools, wifi and when available, beach & sunset views. This resort satisfied all of those requirements and simply made it a wonderful place to wake up to each morning.

We stayed in Room #2 which was an ocean view spot with a bathtub on the balcony overlooking the pool & ocean. The view itself was fantastic. Room was modern but simple, with a finished concrete floor. Not huge, but you should either be doing something cool in Thailand or sleeping here, and that was perfect for this.

Pool had 3 exceptional things about it: the amazing "infinity" view from the pool chairs & pool itself, the walk up pool bar with stools underwater, and the 1 foot deep "reading deck" where you could lay back, be dry but have the rest of your body in the water.

The sunsets at the COAST were outstanding and depending on the time of year, you can either see it from the beach or from the pool or sometimes, both.

The staff were very friendly & helpful, everything seemed to work just fine so we really had no issues to complain about.

The resort's restaurant was good, plenty of meat, seafood & vegetarian options for dinner and an egg / alacarte dining area that was just fine for breakfast. Good juices & toast / cereal / muesli / yogurt combos available. Pool & pool bar were very enjoyable hangs with mellow but melodic electronic music filling the air & providing a nice vibe. A couple of days they also played some Cuban music which was nice, but the Brazilian ballad versions of top 40 cheezy hits were a bit too much for breakfast.

The location was also fine, about 10 minute walk from the business district & beach of Haad Rin and about a 15 minute songtaeew ride to Thong Sala & Ban Tai. Only a couple good restaurants in Haad Rin, we most enjoyed Beach Lounge up the road in Thong Sala. Seems like it's location is convenient place to go as it is close to the Haad Rin pier, a very short 45 minute ferry ride from Big Buddha Pier on Koh Samui. And then just a quick ride to most places on the west side of the island, about a 45 minute ride to Koh Ma, great snorkeling up in the northwest corner.

The hotel also offers a complimentary shuttle / van ride to & from the Haad Rin Pier on Koh Phangan so make sure you get a ferry ticket to that pier and not to Thong Sala, which is quite a bit further away. If you make this mistake you won't be completely screwed, it will just cost you a bit more time & money but you can get there with a songtaeew.

Overall, probably a 4.5 review total as the rooms themselves were more 4 star than 5 star, but the quality of the experience & feel were excellent. Pretty good value for a seaview room, it was expensive for Thailand but well worth it. There were a few families here and the kids loved the pool, but overall I'd say this establishment leans toward a younger, trendier & cooler vibe, which was great for us. Definitely the best spot we saw on Koh Chang, we were thrilled with our choice to stay here.

Room Tip: The sea view rooms or penthouse room is where it's at.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the “solid” review as promised and I don’t know where to start other than a thanks and a hope that you can indeed rejoin us early next year for us to show our appreciation and make our resort and Haad Rin Nai beach an even more wonderful place to wake up to each morning. It’s heartening to hear that you loved not only the service and atmosphere but also the little extra features and services the resort has to offer …. I’m also a big fan of the 1 foot deep "reading deck" that allows you to lay back (with a cocktail), be dry but have the rest of your body in the water and take in the sunset. We’re always taking on board guest comments and recommendations for improvement so hopefully we can perfect the rooms by the time you return so that next time you’ll feel like giving us a 5.5 review. Take care and you see both n 2014.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on my third visit to the island. The resort is well located to the ferry. The staff are very friendly and the pool and gym are very good. The water quality in the pool was below par as at night you could see a lot of dirt In it. The rooms are nice but quite basic if you look beyond the initial minimalistic design, i felt that the price was high compared to similar spec hotels I've stayed in on the island.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Steve, I’d firstly like to apologize for the condition of the pool during your stay as this is such an important feature of our resort and such an important part of creating the positive holiday feeling during your stay. We unfortunately experienced one or two problems with our pool filter system in the first half of the year but with a new system now in place we’re thankfully assured of crystal clear water all day every day to make the infinity-pool view and feeling perfect. I hope that you choose us again for your fourth visit to KP so you can get the full 5/5 feeling that we usually give and don’t forget to contact us direct and take advantage of our previous guests’ Friends Of The Coast privileges to ensure you feel you’re getting 5/5 value for money. Thanks for the review and please feel free to email me direct with any suggestions for further improvement; your experienced views as a traveller to this island would be greatly appreciated by myself and the team here.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Sooo many amazing things to say about koh phangan, it's truly paradise!! But what really made it memorable was the coast resort :).... Everything from the rooms, the location, the food, the bars, the pools and beach were unbelievable.... We stayed at a lot of places in Thailand and nowhere came close!!! But what's so amazing about this place is the staff, so warm, genuine and attentive to every need. Adam and the crew there are the best! Without them our holiday never would've been this good.... Treat yourself next time you're in Thailand and stay at the coast!! Guarantee you won't regret it ;) ;)

• Stayed April 2013
Hey Matty I couldn’t agree more; Koh Phangan is truly paradise and I’m glad that me and “the crew” made it even more memorable. But it’s easy to be genuine when our guests are too; you were just as friendly and genuine to all the team here. Hope to see you guys back here for New Year’s Eve; Mitch tells me he’s bringing half of Australia …. I’ve kept his Nike Swoosh in lost property by the way; he left it at the pool-bar!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

My wife, 3 children and I have just returned from koh phangan after two fantastic days staying at the lovely The Coast resort.
We arrived at the resort on Friday the 3rd of may evening. To our pleasant surprise on arrival at haadrin pier, there was a driver waiting for us. We had travelled on a passenger ferry from Samui full of people heading for the half moon party and were so relieved when we arrived at the resort which seemed like a tranquil oasis in the midst of koh phangans party scene. We were travelling with our 2 year old, 5 year old and 7 year old. Steven and his eteam at front office were very attentive and efficient. The rooms very clean with a lovely design in the bathrooms. The next morning we awoke to the amazing view of a gorgeous infinity pool with a very unique finish to it. The sea was just beautiful our kids swam for 5 hours straight! The swim up bar is a must try. James and his fllo

• Stayed May 2013
Hi Mr. Brian sir and the family. It appears that you’ve given your review a second thought and decided to upgrade your scoring; well thanks for taking the time in the first place to write a supportive review and then thanks even more for upping your rating of us. I’m glad to hear that each member of the family enjoyed their days here with us and I think it’s a testament to what we’re trying to do here that not only can we provide a trendy resort for the islands party goers to come to (as we’re near to all the action) but that we create such a hidden away feeling that peace and relaxation is able to be found for couples and families. It gives me great pride in my team when I see guests on first-name terms with them as it shows that they’re making our guests feel truly welcome in The COAST Resort way; you really now are Friends Of The COAST.
Shenzhen, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

If you are a party animal, you’ll never miss the full moon party on the Koh Phangan. On Apr. 25th, 30000 people get-together on the beach and partied for the whole night. Crazy!!! But after that, all the people disappeared almost all at a sudden. The island returned to its original look, beautiful scenery, few travelers, quiet and enjoyable. That’s when we arrived in the island! It was like paradise. The Coast Resort on Haad Rin Beach turned out to be far beyond the expectations. It was a hidden gem, with the perfect view of the sunset. The hotel is only 10-15 minutes’ walk to the Haad Rin Village. But since there was really nothing up there, we just spent most of our time in the resort. This not-large boutique hotel made our stay a perfectly unique experience. We love the design of the Coast so much, simple but classy and elegant. The garden is more than beautiful and beautifully maintained. There is a 7m*25m swimming pool, which is the perfect place to have some drink, to get sun tanned, do some reading, and even watching the stars at night. Facing the sea, the poolside restaurant has an amazing view. In the warm breeze, having breakfast is really something. BTW, the salad here is great. Because there is no such huge space, they don’t put all the food out on the table. Whatever you need, just ask the waiters for it and they’ll bring you right away. The staffs here are adorable. Their hospitality and professionalism make you feel like home, but much more comfortable than at home. Even the trainees here have left us deep impression. But there is only one problem disturbing us, that is we don’t have enough place to lay out our stuffs, because the interior design is too simple, and we girls have a lot of stuffs, you know. I go to Thailand for vacation twice every year, and this hotel is definitely one of the best I’ve ever stayed in. I love it even more than the Peninsula Bangkok.
PS.: The Coast is 15-20 minutes’ ride to tongsala pier, and the taxi transportation will cost you 100-200baht. But only 10minutes’ walk or 5minutes drive to Haad Rin Pier, and the hotel has complimentary shuttle bus there. So, for those guests who want to go to Samui, the Haad Rin Pier will be quite a convenient choice

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Mingming for me you’ve touched on what makes this island so great; it has everything! For the party animal then get here for the Full Moon festival week when the island offers a number of quality music events from the massive Full Moon and Jungle Experience to the more intimate Merkaba, Loy Lai and Secret Garden parties and everything in between including our very own cool and stylish Sunset Sessions pool and beach event. For the remaining 3 weeks the island goes back to its natural state of calm. The time to come relax, unwind and explore one of the most beautiful natural islands this world has to offer. We’ve tried to create a cool and stylish holiday home for each and every island visitor whether party animal or getaway seeker. Hearing that you felt this one of the best places you’ve ever stayed in means we’ve done our job in offering you a peaceful retreat. Thanks and I hope your second Thailand visit in 2013 brings you back to us.

Been to The COAST Resort - Koh Phangan? Share your experiences!