“Best hostel in Thailand!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Hard Road Hostel to your Saves list
Hard Road Hostel
2.0 of 5 Hostel   |   111 Moo 1, Ban Tai Road, Ko Phangan 84260, Thailand   |
5.0 of 5 stars 352 Reviews
“Best hostel in Thailand!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

This year I have travelled all over Thailand, I keep coming back to Koh Phangan, and always stay at Hard Road Cafe. This hostel is a short taxi ride from the party area of Haad Rin, but far enough away that you can get a quiet nights sleep if needed! The dorms are clean, with comfortable beds, air con and lockers. The facilities are fantastic; jacuzzi, ping pong tables, Penanque and a great area to socialise. They hold pre-partys before each Full Moon/ Half Moon/ Jungle Party; for 300thb you get an all you can eat buffet, body painting and a taxi to the party which is great value and lots of fun! The food is good, the staff are helpful and polite. As a guest at the hostel you can use the pool at the villas which are just a short walk away. Hard Road Cafe is amazing value for money, I'm sure this will not be my last visit!

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

I have been here a few times and I always leave happy. The owners go out of there way to do more than necessary. I would recommend this place to anyone.
P.S. try the seafood pizza! .....................................................................................................................................

• Stayed August 2013
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

They ve got every thing. 2 Tennis table, futsball, petanque, a jacuzzi with video projector where you can watch movies and even a playstation 3 and you can play a tournament on sunday (i win)
I will for sure come back soon with my friend. Highly recommended

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Ko Phangan, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stayed 4 nights here, originally planned 2 - we had to stay because it's quality here!

The staff were all hilarious and friendly, playing ping pong against jeremy to get free nights stay and just generally having a good time.

We had a really good pre-half moon party drinks - really social place and great for meeting people - by far the best place we stayed on the island.

Good location, clean rooms with air con and comfortable beds!

If you come to this island - stay here, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dundee, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Hard Road Cafe was a great hostel to arrive to before the Full Moon Party.
People there were friendly. It is definately a social hostel.
The living and general hygiene of the hostel is not great. Toilet are often blocked, showers overflow and are cold.

I would recommend this hostel if you are a backpacker and want to meet new people.
If you are there for relaxation, I would recommend going to a resort.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Northampton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stayed here in a 6 bed fan room . It was the most horrific room I have ever, ever stayed in. The bathroom, well there was no toilet seat and no sink. The water pressure of the shower was just a drip. There was two fans between 6 people and they were very old and loud, they also got VERY VERY hot if you were to touch them to re-position them, which i thought was dangerous! A padlock used to lock the door meant if it was locked whilst you were in the room you were lock in, I would not have wanted to be in the room with people i didn't know! The food was awful, vegetable fried rice with about 3 pieces of broccoli the size of my finger nail and a hard slice of carrot. The staff working in the cafe area were SO rude, and just generally seemed to have an attitude problem. The social aspect of the hostel however was great, and the cafe / bar areas were pretty cool. And cute dogs. Apart from that, it was truly awful.

Room Tip: The villa's and air con dorms looked alright, DO NOT GET A FAN ROOM - AWFUL. The service will st...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
280Jeremie, Owner at Hard Road Hostel, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
We are sorry about your experience at Hard Road Cafe. The first thing you have to know is that we do not have any fan room anymore. We just add air con everywhere (as the last 3 bad reviews were about guests staying in that room).

About the toilets, we change every 3 months. We are sorry that we change it just after you left. Having the biggest hostel of Koh Phangan have some bad parts as well. But one more time i apologize if you had a bad experience in our place.

Out of curiosity, you were talking about the Hard Road villa. Did you enjoy the swimming pool there? The jacuzzi at hard Road Cafe. The huge socialising areas? The air con lobby with playstation ping pong tables, and so many games?The giant screen where you could watch movies or sport? If you did not like it, it might be because you are not very fun people. We want to attract funny people because we are all about fun. My staff did not smile to you? Did you smile to them? Anyway I am very happy about my staff. In conclusion we are fixing the toilets, we do not have anymore fan room.
You paid 90 B a night and you could enjoy all our facilities. Now no more fan room. We are going to be more exclusif and more expensive. Thanks for your advice and review. It does really matter to us
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I've been traveling all over the world for 2 years and Hard Road Cafe is actually the best hostel I've ever been! My friends and I stayed in the villas around the pool, they were great and clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful and they always make us feel comfortable and happy. At first, we supposed to stay 5 nights but finally we extend our stay for 6 more nights.
Thanks again Jeremie! We'll definitely come back next year!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hard Road Hostel? Share your experiences!