“Perfect for travelers .. all you need!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Jaya Hostel
95/21 moo 6, Ko Phangan 84280, Thailand   |
Ranked #124 of 226 Specialty Lodging in Ko Phangan
York, United Kingdom
“Perfect for travelers .. all you need!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We arrived in Koh Phangan and hadn't booked anywhere, looked around everywhere luckily found Jaya, The price was brilliant me and my friend paid less for a private twin room than it was anywhere for a dorm room. There's a great atmosphere, was great to sit and have some drinks before you go out. All the staff were friendly. It had everything you needed, internet, lockers, food, bar. Its in a great location just near all the restaurants and 5 minute walk to the beach so was nice and quite. It was that good we decided to stay a week!! We didn't have one complaint. If I go back will defiantly be staying there!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Families
Couples
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

The first time I visited Koh Phangan was WAY back in 2001. I met the owner of Jaya (she owned a different property back then) and let me say that she knows Koh Phangan and the surrounding islands like nobody else. She and her staff always helped us with arrangements, activities, advice on what to do and not do, where to be careful etc... Now when I go back I always stay at her property 'cause she's got years of experience running a great Haad Rin experience. Clean, safe, reasonably priced (a good value), close to the action, but not too close so that you can't go to sleep at night if you want to. Super helpful staff, plus spa services to boot. You can't go wrong staying here and trust me, I've been to many a full moon parties. Wish I was there now!

Room Tip: Make sure you know what type of room you're getting so your expectations of room share are appro...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Jaya Hostel is the perfect place for people who want to meet fellow solo travellers, yet enjoy some privacy when it comes to the room. As far as aI know, there are no dorm rooms, but the double rooms (many have an ensuite bathroom) are not expensive (around 400 baht/night) and the vibe is the best at this place!
I arrived by myself on the day of the halfmoon festival (which I would always prefer to the fullmoon, btw) and walked around had rin for quite some time; some guesthouses are cheaper, but the rooms smell awful or they are far out or you feel like sleeping in a shoe-box. Jaya is on the sunset side of had rin, but a small street connects it to sunrise side (where all the party happens), it's only a three minute walk.
The common area is very relaxing, just look out over the small lake, have a cool beer or some really delicious thai food (or even pizza). Staff is really nice and helpful, you can get everything arranged by them, and there is internet.
I've been to Had Rin several times but this was definitely the best place I stayed at.

Room Tip: The ones overlooking the lake are definitely nicer, but some of those don't have their own bathr...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We booked this hostel months before the full moon as we know how busy it can get! We paid a fair amount for the room but you will pay more than anywhere else, especially during the full moon party. To say the room was good would be a lie however we had lockers in reception for valuables, it was a great place to meet people, the location was brilliant and it was really good fun! Yes, so the door didn't close, let alone lock (and sometimes we couldn't get out!) and the ceiling was leaking but once you've travelled for a bit you don't mind as much. We had aircon in the room, a warm shower and the staff were really helpful. The food in the bar is pretty bad though & quite expensive so I'd personally steer clear - go nearer the beach and get some cheap Thai food, it's so much better! Overall though we had a brilliant time, we didn't feel unsafe at any point and we got what we paid for in comparison to other people (who paid more and got robbed during the parties). Enjoy!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stayed here for 5 days, and it was a good stay overall. I had a problem choosing this hostel at first, as there were not much reviews and comments from other travelers on trip advisor and othr hostelbookers. But i wasn't dissapointed, it a good cheap hotel, with friendly staffs, reliable tour-desk where i bought my joint tickets to Krabi, common area to chill-out and playing pool, the best Thai-food restaurant in town (trust me! people always come here to eat and hang out, its best to judge this based on the crowd during low season, where haad rin is still not too crowded with party-goers), and also clean rooms / shared bathroom!

Great location! right in the center of Haad Rin, 3 minutes walk to full-moon beach. n just 10km away from Half-moon festival forest in Ban tai. Get a cab!
My room was really nice, spacious, and large window with amazing view overlooking the lake, arena gym and the hills. Wake up each morning, n u'll be amazed by the view! ;D so laid-back!

the only problem, when i was there it was raining season, its wet n cold outside. so on my first night, found a big spider inside the room, but manage to get the staff to take it away, haha! according to the staff, that doesn't happened often, only during monsoon season (November).

Other than that, its all good! stay here! n you get to meet other solo travelers! would stay here again soon!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

People who work at Jaya hostel were really nice. I did a walk-in during the full moon period and they were fully booked however the lady made the extra effort to make sure i have a bed to sleep on. I didn't book my ticket to Phi Phi through them but they were nice enough to contact the travel agency and make sure I don't miss my bus because i almost did.

The shower vale broke halfway when I was taking a shower and the water kept flowing and almost flooded my entire dorm. They had to get the chef to fix it and then it was all good but we didn't like the pressure of the shower head so most of us used the running tap to shower instead. One thing good about this dorm is that they have two bathrooms in the room so people didn't have to wait too long.

This hostel is located on the backpacker street so it WILL get noisy by 12pm when the music start up. Bring ear plugs.

Room Tip: Book in advance! Room rates are different depending on low and high season.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Jaya Hostel? Share your experiences!