“Great place to stay during Full Moon” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Black & White Bungalows

Black & White Bungalows
You added Black & White Bungalows to your Saves list
Black & White Bungalows
2.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   110/2 Moo 6, Baan Tai, Haad Rin, Ko Phangan 84280, Thailand   |
Ranked #57 of 117 Ko Phangan B&B and Inns
Dollar
“Great place to stay during Full Moon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stayed here during the full moon party. It is perfect location as away from the chaos, but only 5 mins walk to beach. Very clean and nice rooms. You do pay for it though, our friends stayed in places much cheaper however nowhere near as nice! You are very much left to it, don't think we saw staff our entire stay there apart from checking in and checking out! Would highly recommend this place

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness

Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Stayed 5nights with seemingly no problems, the room was okay, no wifi, but the ladies at reception were friendly & they recommended a good place to rent scooters (Rinbay View). My 3friends left on an early ferry the morning after the full moon, leaving me to check out. There was a TINY stain on one of my friends beds in a room I had not even stayed in from a permanent marker, but a small old man in glasses at reception who I had never seen before demanded that I pay THB3000. I refused as almost $90 for a sheet that can be fixed with a $1 stain remover is extortionate & went to the nearby pier to catch my ferry. I was just about to board when the local mafia showed up, handcuffed me to a railing & assaulted me, chipping one of my teeth. This was all in front of about 50people, locals & tourists. I demanded to see the tourist police, but the closest I got was one guy showing me a drivers licence. Eventually after I continued to refuse to pay I was taken to the police station & quickly released after the intervention of a "lawyer", without paying a single Baht. I did not see one single police officer the whole time, so obviously the scammers have free reign in Koh Phangan. I had a great stay in Haad Rin & would definitely recommend the full moon to anyone, but don't stay at B&W!

• Stayed September 2013