As a frequent guest at the Buri Rasa in Samui, which we love, I have been hesitant to write a review of the Buri on KP.
First the positives;
• We booked a deluxe beach front room and were extremely pleased when we were upgraded to room 15 which is without doubt the best room at the resort. It is the end room ground floor on the beach with 2 sliding glass windows and a large covered patio. Very nice!
• The staff, in particular Banana were great.
• The beach is beautiful and quiet.
• The entrance with the “village” design is very attractive.
• The restaurant design and the ability to eat on the beach is nice.
• The private boat transfer was excellent and the little “lounge” at the pier in Samui is a nice touch.
• Keeping in mind the resort is new, the restaurant staff, while very pleasant, seemed disorganized in that we found many times that we were trying to get their attention or waiting long periods for service.
• The resort is situated at the end of the beach and lounge chairs are thus crowded. In addition the umbrellas need to be more secured with stands to keep the wind from blowing them into guests. One took off and hit the palm tree where we were sitting, another ended up in the lagoon.
• While the BBQ was enjoyable, a more diverse menu, I.e. lunch and dinner menu would be an improvement. More along the lines of the Beach Club at the Buri Samui.
• The pool, well I won’t comment.
Overall we are glad we visited the Buri KP, but as we prefer a more boutique resort, we probably won’t be returning. A four only because of room 15 otherwise I would have rated it as 3..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Buri Rasa Village is a luxurious boutique resort which blends traditional Thai architecture with contemporary design, creating an elegant holiday haven that shines out from the crowd.Our resort simply exudes luxury and comfort. Enjoy a relaxing break on Koh Phangan in the unique and laid-back surroundings of a tropical paradise, on the beach at Thong Nai Pan.Experience a highly personal level of service - all of our staff are hand-picked and renowned for their friendly and caring approach. They'll pamper you as if you were in paradise itself!Each of our modern suites has a balcony or terrace, and is lavishly equipped with a flat-screen TV with international channels, a DVD player, and has an en-suite bathroom with rain shower plus bathrobes and towels. There's a fridge and mini bar with complimentary bottled water replenished each day, and there's a daily housekeeping and turn-down service. Room service is also available, and there is free WiFi throughout the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Splendia and Agoda so you can book your Buri Rasa Koh Phangan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.