“Worst Rooms and Management in the World” 1 of 5 stars

You added Lazy House to your Saves list
Lazy House
91/13 moo 6, Ko Phangan, Thailand   |
Kingston, Canada
“Worst Rooms and Management in the World”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I've travelled around the world and this was by far the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. I stayed with a group of 8 of my friends and we were placed in the micro hostel. I certainly did not have high expectations but the conditions in the room were more terrible and ghetto-like than I ever could have imagined. There was literally no room to move in the room between the beds, the toilet in the bathroom did not flush, we had no sink with running water, and the door to our room didn't lock. The hostel management made no effort to solve the problem, and as expected our room was broken into during the full moon party and things were stolen. I was beyond disgusted with how poorly the manager handled the situation. He made extremely racist generalizations about 'rich western girls'. He blamed the incident on the Thai mainatenance man and forced him to pay for the damage out of his own pocket. The manager told us we were stealing money from someone who only made x amount of money per month. It was a terrible experience and the quality of the room for the amount that we paid was insane.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
lazyjonHaadRin, Owner at Lazy House, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
We remember you lot ,

If there was a breakin why did you all run when i insisted that the police were called ????
You tried to cheat the hostel out of thousands of pounds by lying about a breaking

6 of your group knew nothing of your break in Why is that ????
And you and you 1 friend left in a high speed run when i told you the police were coming !!!

I have handed your passport info to the police myself this has been passed to Immigration officers aswell .
Karma will get you ,have a nice cancer you poisoness minger

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Best place to stay. End of. The owner (Lazy Jon) is a legend. You'll be treated well. You'll be comfortable and looked after. Jon will bend over backwards to help people, so long as they behave themselves and are respectful. He saved my life back in 2005 when I was sick. Always loved the Lazy House bar and the guesthouse is every bit as chilled and friendly. You'd be foolish to go anywhere else. I rest my case..

• Stayed May 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We have stayed here 2 times. It's great! Very clean, very safe and comfortable. Only a few minutes walk to the main full moon beach. And still able to have a good night rest without party noise. We looking forward to our third visit! (Also because if the fantastic breakfast at the Lazy House restaurant just around the corner:-))))

• Stayed October 2012
Haarlem, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

what a blinding gaff,why would you stay anywhere else????LOVED IT....stayed for full moon and liked it that much i stayed for 2 weeks after,friendly staff made you feel really welcome,but above all very clean and reasonably priced,without a doubt the BEST place to stay while in haadrin

Room Tip: speak with a guy named jon,he will look after you very well
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Rugby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the lazy house hostel for 2 wks on my way through to oz, loved everything about it.Met plenty of people to party with,food was good English brekkie in the mornings,pool at the back if you don't fancy beach, air con in my room which was also comfortable and very clean, staff were so helpful especially the owner Jon he would do anything to make your stay enjoyable as possible. Would defo return on my home bound journey :-)

• Stayed March 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed in the Lazy house hostel inbetween fullmoon parties and found it to be cheap ,clean and comfortable. my private room had a large plasma tv and a full satellite hook up .there is a plunge pool in the garden at the year of the guesthouse , great if you just cant drag yourself to the beach.
would return .

Room Tip: choose a room that overlooks the garden , its a bit quieter.away from the road.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I loved it!!! Stayed for full moon and there was a really Good Vibe in the dorm.

It's clean and comfortable and the staff were friendly and helpful they really wanted us to feel good during our stay and we did it was sad to go.

Go for it a Real Good Time in a Good Place!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Lazy House? Share your experiences!