“Low value for the money” 2 of 5 stars

V2 Seagate Hip Hotel
157 Moo. 6 Haad Rin, Ko Phangan 84280, Thailand   |
Ranked #70 of 107 Ko Phangan B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Low value for the money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed in a room that looks exactly as the one in the photo.

The location is very close to the beach, the area where the party is, so make no plans for going to sleep early unless you can do it with the music on.

Next time I will go for one of the beach bungalows as the need for A/C is minimal there.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I booked this hotel back in April 2012 for 28th Dec - 2nd Jan 2013 when I arrived on the 28th to check in I was advised by the manageress she had sold the room I had booked which is the ones they show you on the website, however what they dont show you is the cell like rooms they then put you in when they have sold your room to someone else without any prior warning from the hotel or Sawadee,as the Island waas fully booked due to peak season I had no choice but to take this cell like room with two shared showers and toilets for at least 24 people. On the first night in this room it rained and the water poured in the roof so the room was soaked along with all of our belongings, I complained the next day and had tp practically beg to get another cell like room, again we were moved to another room two nights later the rain came again and we came home to 4 inch of water in this room and no-one at reception to complain to so we had to sleep on the floor in the hallway at reception, when the manageress did show up the next day she was so rude about having to move us again and refused point blank to sign a letter listing all of my belongings that were ruined for my travel insurance, we eventually checked out early with the promise of a full refund when I asked for this refund she again verbally abused me and said that she hated me, i was a (a word tripadvisor ont let me publish) again swearing at me just one line of abuse after another then threw 2000 baht in my face, I have witnesses and photos to prove all of the above which I will be posting on every review website I can find!! When I complained to Sawadee my booking agent they didnt want to know, never called me back as promised and were very abusive. I have been visiting KP for 15 years now and this was the worse experience of my life, stay clear of this hotel and booking agent Sawadee

Room Tip: there is no good rooms this hotel is awful
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
uk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We had booked the Seagate V2 back on April via Sawadee com. We paid for 5 nights and arrived on 28th Decemeber to be told there was a problem with our booking and our room was gone but they could offer us an alternative. They took us up stairs to the top floor and showed us a room that was no better than a dorm room and had 2 toilets that had to be shared with all the other rooms and dorms. We called Sawadee who where of no help to us and couldnt of cared less. The Manager of the Hotel was the same. As it was Fullmoon there was no way we would of got a room anywhere. We had to accept the room with 2 beds and shared toilet and get a refund as the hotel room we booked was far more expensive which the Manager was reluctant to give us. The toilets where a nightmare when you went into shower everyone in the queue was banging on the door for you to hurry up. Had i wanted a room with a shared toilet then i would of booked this but when traveling on holiday i dont want to share a toilet/shower with every man and their dog.

On return from fullmoon there was water in the corner of our room so we moved our backpacks. Then as it rained again we got home and the water was even worse we went to reception and they then transferred us into the room next door and the floor was dry. That night it also rained and when we got home the water in the room must of been about 9 or 10 inches deep our back packs were soaked. We could of swam in the room there was that much water never in my life have i ever seen anything like this before. Our mobile phones and tablets were ruined. When we went down to reception they had to come up with buckets to get all the water out of the room then we got transferred to room no 3. At this point we met a family in hotel who heard us arguing with the owners and booking agent. They had previously booked out rooms and paid the previous month to go and scatter their daughters ashes. Once the family arrived and there must of been about 10 of them so it would of been 5 rooms they where told the same there was a problem with booking and there rooms where gone so they where also put up on the rooms on top floor.
Once the moved us into the 3rd room and dried out the 2nd room we seen them sell that room onto another couple. As it rained again that couples room would of been the same when they returned. This time they had put towels down all the corridor and outside the doors of the rooms that clearly where leaking.

The manager told us we would get a full refund due to the hassle and the fact everything in our backpacks where ruined. When leaving on last day she went crazy when we asked for our money back . She callled my friend a [--] cow and went balastic saying she wasnt giving us any money. My friend stood her ground and told her she said she would refund us. This was all going on at reception with other guests standing and watching. Eventually after calling my friend all the name under the sun she had the cheek to throw 2000bht in her face and shout at her to get out her [--] hotel and not to come back. As we have traveled Thailand for over 10years there is a rule that you would never disrespect or even attempt to win an argument with a Thai we had to keep our cool and let this woman abuse us.

There was no security on the hotel reception at night time so anyone could of walked in off the street. We want to warn others not to book this hotel as the whole set up was a disaster and we wouldnt want anyone to go through what we did. The rooms we originally booked looked lovely and we where looking forward to staying in them how wrong where we???

Not only was the hotel at fault but also the booking agent Sawadee com. They couldnt of cared less and the amount of time and money that was spent on phone calls to them to get us sorted was a waste of time as they didnt care. We will be taking this matter further with the booking agent and claiming compensation but we wanted to warn other travelers NOT TO BOOK THIS HOTEL. I would advise you to sleep on the beach before booking a room at the Seagate as this was our worst experience of the holiday. So for the rest of the holiday i was left without a phone and tablet as both had been water damaged and not to mention the fact we had to get everything in our backpacks washed as everything was soaked.

Clearly the Hotel is taking all the booking from the agents then when people walk in off the Street they are selling the rooms on. The Managers attitude was disgusting and they way we where treated was a disgrace. The Hotel should be shut down. Please dont book this hotel.

Room Tip: Do not book this hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

I had booked the seagate for 4 days at 100 usd per night as it was during a full moon party. The location is amazing, just steps from cactus and the beach. Don't plan on sleeping until sleeping until at least 5am. Rooms were very nice, brand new everything, nice accent lighting.

Negatives
First one, which was not necessarily the hotels fault but there was no working wifi anywhere in the hotel and the computers in the lobby did not work either. Likely a server error as I could connect to wifi but no Internet. This lasted all 4 days.

On arrival, around 930pm, there was nobody at reception and we waited about 20 minutes and still nobody there. We had to go behind the reception desk to use their phone to call the "mobile" reception number and eventually about 45 minutes after we arrived a guy showed up and didn't really know what to do. He eventually just gave us a key without saying anything. There is nobody ever really at the reception desk, even during the day. There is one woman who starts in the morning and leaves at 9. She cleans the rooms and doubles as 'reception'. If you want something you need to track her down and she could be anywhere in the hotel.

The security at this hotel is seriously lacking, especially during full moon parties. There is no real safe, they have wooden lock boxes which could be easily broken, we chose to leave our valuables locked in our bags.

On the night of the full moon party we had come back to our room unwind a bit before going back out and were in the room about an hour. Within the hour we had 3 random people come knocking on our door looking to use our private washroom. There is NO staff on at night which makes the security of the place a very major worry when going out at night.

Staff (as minimal as it is) is quite friendly and will try to help when possible but poor English and little training makes it difficult, you are better off to book tickets for travel yourself at the numerous travel agencies in the area.

• Stayed August 2012
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

A large group of us stayed here for three nights. The rooms were spacious, with a widescreen tv and the most amazing bed! Decor is very funky and modern. I absolutely loved it. It's within a metre of the beach and party so perfect location. However unless you plan on partying hard until the very early hours of the morning be warned as the music from the beach can be heard clearly and is very loud. For some of my friends who were not out every night this posed problems when sleeping. Staff were not always readily available at reception. If you want the perfect party location then this is the hotel for you! We soon got to know others in adjacent rooms and had great fun before nights out. If you like your sleep then it's probably best to steer further away from the beach! If like us youre there for the party enjoy!

• Stayed July 2012
Quebec City, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Very clean and nice place. 30 sec from the beach and parties. If you wanna sleep at 11pm this is not the right place for you, cause you'll hear loud music till 5 am!!!! But if you want to party this is definitely the right place!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to V2 Seagate Hip Hotel? Share your experiences!