“lloyd” 5 of 5 stars

61/3 Moo 1, Ban Tai Road | Ban Tai, Ko Phangan 84280 , Thailand   |
Manchester, United Kingdom
“lloyd”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

had an awesome few days at ban tai, its the place to be if you dont want all the crowds of haad rin but still has a good vibe and cool pre parties before any of the moon parties. scott is a really cool fun and happy to help with any queries. nice bed, clean and good fun what more could you want

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
BaanTaiBackpackers, Manager at Baan Tai Backpackers, responded to this review, February 25, 2012
thanks again Lloyd, glad you were able to handle your dorm room with 5 other girls ; )
enjoy the rest of your travels mate

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here over new years, sucked that had to pay for the 8 nights minimum but was the same everywhere. Rooms were exceptionally clean and the helpful staff asked to clean everyday. Location is the best. Although away from haad rin it is close to shops and pier. And an close trip to the full moon party. Scott looked after us very well and helped us with directing around the island and really anything we needed. I would recommend to anyone to stay at baan tai backpackers

• Stayed December 2011
Thanks so much, Hailey. We will be changing our New Year Stay requirement to 7 nights this and hopefully 6 the following year once we are more established, so glad you had a great time =)
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

Nice, clean, reasonably priced rooms? Check! Close to beach/ shops/ 7 eleven/ bars? Check! Amazing, helpful staff? Check! HOT showers? Check! Enough of that... My three friends and I had an amazing time at Baan Tai. As soon as we rocked up, tired and over it after hoofing it from Bangkok we were greeted by Scott, the awesome canadian that not only helped us with any of our naive questions but showed us where to get some potently, fantastic margaritas... directed us to a pool/bar and showed us where the beach was.. (all within a 5 min walk). After smashing it at the full moon party I could think of nothing better than collapsing in my comfy bed and a/c room. It was perfect. I highly recommend this place we had an unforgettable time.. Also have to say a special hi to Newton

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
cheers for the great review Erin, was so much getting way to drunk with you and your friends, my liver is praying that I don't get another 4 crazy aussie girls checking in for next full moon = )
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

We stayed here after travelling through Phuket. It was the best place we stayed by far and we were relieved to have a nice bathroom with a hot shower. The rooms are great and well kept. The staff are fantastic and make you feel very welcome. I will have to go back sometime soon.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
BaanTaiBackpackers, Manager at Baan Tai Backpackers, responded to this review, February 12, 2012
cheers Kristel, was great hearing all about Singapore while you were here, def gonna make a trip down for visit = )
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

We found Baan Tai really easy to find, really close to the ferry, about 10min walk with backpacks. Scott was very friendly and helped us with all our questions and some more as soon as we walked through the door.
The room was very clean, we even got to have a look before we paid (as we walked in with no booking). It was good having hot water and air con as few backpackers have that. Great location for both party life but also just chilling out, suits everyone's needs.
We felt very safe there and even left our personal belongings in the room, which we have not done anywhere else so far.
Would definitely return if/ when back in the islands.

Room Tip: If you don't book in advance but have an idea where you want to stay, you can see the room first...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
BaanTaiBackpackers, Manager at Baan Tai Backpackers, responded to this review, February 9, 2012
cheers for such a great review, glad you enjoyed your stay with us, remember free beers for return customers = )
Wuhan, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

Scott, the owner, was super professional and laid back, he really made your stay easy. Its a great place to meet people and it was really nice to have access to the resort facilities, which is just a 5 min walk from the hostel.
The location was also really good, there are lots of restaurants close by, a 7-11 too, and its only a 20 min drive to Haad rin (100Baht). Some of the smaller parties, like Jungle Experience and the Waterfall party are located between Baan Tai and Haad Rin too. It's nice not to be too close Haad rin because of all the noise so all in all I really enjoyed my stay and I would recommend this hostel to anyone.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
BaanTaiBackpackers, Manager at Baan Tai Backpackers, responded to this review, February 6, 2012
cheers mel, we're glad you such a good time during your stay with us, free beer for your next visit = )
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

just a quick one to say that this was without a doubt the best place I stayed during my thai travels. As said before the owner scott was a top guy who made me feel really welcome and was always available to answer any questions I had. When I awoke one morning after a full moon party (still drunk) I thought my iphone had been stolen from the balcony, so he got the cctv footage up straight away. . . only to embarrassingly find out that I had it in my bag all along! The security here is quality, there's cameras all over the place and scott seems to be manning the door at all hours! The dorms are comfortable and spacious too.
However I think the best part about staying here was the atmosphere - you are granted access to the hacienda pool and bar which is a 2minute walk away, and the people I met there went onto become great friends on my trip. It is such a sociable place and being alone it was the perfect place to meet people and party. Haad rin is only 10-15 mins down the road from baan tai I think and the taxis/tuk tuks only cost a 100 baht so you have the perfect balance between paradise and nightlife.
I was only supposed to stay in Ko pang yan for 3 nights but ended up staying a week because I loved this place so much, I cant recommed it enough. Thanks Scott.

P.S It used to be called the Wengthai resort I think so I had a bit of trouble finding it at first... but I think thats because it's only recently changed name. The taxi drivers should know it by now but if not ask for that!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
BaanTaiBackpackers, Manager at Baan Tai Backpackers, responded to this review, February 14, 2012
cheers Dan, thanks for such a killer review, glad everything worked out during your stay with us, on a note I have yet to review security footage again, only for you and your stolen iphone = )
thanks again mate and travel safe

Been to Baan Tai Backpackers? Share your experiences!