“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Thong Yang Bungalows

You added Thong Yang Bungalows to your Saves list
Thong Yang Bungalows
3.0 of 5 Apartment Hotel   |   32/1 Moo. 4 Baan Khaai Village,Baan Taai parish,Koh Pha ngan, Ko Phangan 84280, Thailand   |
Ranked #22 of 90 Hotels in Ko Phangan
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Myself and a friend stayed at the thong yang bungalows for 2 nights. The best accommodation we had stayed in whilst in Thailand! The owner was fantastic and couldn't do more to help us. The room was basic but clean. Your front door is literally 5 steps from the crystal clear sea. Highly recommend!

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank bbqkfc

Krabi Town, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

The owner and the whole family are brilliant. These are really good people . We were there only for 2 nights but wish to stay more. Bangalow are of great quality ( #11), big and very clean. The price is very inexpensive , I am surprised to find such a wonderful place and paid so little for it. Amazing view , the ocean is right at your front door. There is no other place to stay . I love those (dogs) security guard. They were so cute and done great job of securing the bangalow at night. All in all this must be a place to stay if you have limit budget but want to be near the beach , amazing view , quiet, great owner, excellent service !!!!! Thank you to you all.

Room Tip: Stay at # 11 for its big size , great shower , right on the beach near the water.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Kamolchanok P
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We scouted this place out on trip advisor and decided to give it a go.

We emailed in advance and got a reply straight away giving us all the information we had asked for and a link directing us to their web page.

When we arrived on the island, like on most of the islands you have to make your own way to the place your staying. Don't be out off its pretty straight forward all the taxi drivers know the majority of the places. So we simply hopped in and paid the fee 100 baht per person.

The taxi dropped us right outside. There are a few awkward steps down to the resort but nothing major. We were greeted by the wife of the owner and she was very nice she showed us to our room and got us checked in. We originally booked a fan room, but later decided to upgrade to A/C as it was far too hot and I expect sleeping would be unbearable, for me at least. The owner was amazing and helped us move our bags to our new room. The A/C room was perfect after a long 19 hr bus and ferry journey from Bangkok!

The island itself was pretty deserted as we arrived about a week after the full moon parties. This was perfect for us as we literally had the whole complex to ourselves it was like having our own beach and own personal chef. So quiet and peaceful.

The owner A, speaks really good English and nothing was too much trouble, try their chicken massaman curry it's one of the best I have tasted in SEA.

All in all a really nice relaxing few days and really serene, a little slice of paradise.

Thanks Wes and Rachel prosser

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank bagpuss24
Berlin, Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

nice and quiet place to relax. excellent food and exceptionally nice and friendly people. bungalows are simple but good, comfortable and clean. even during party madness on koh pagnan, its quiet and serene at Thong Yang.
looking forward to next time!!

• Stayed March 2013
4 Thank Benson K
DEVON ENGLAND
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

This place must be taken in perspective of the price . We payed 65$ for something no where near as good @ serendipity beach Cambodia . This at £14 / 700 thb is exactly what we hoped for. Its smack bang on the beach with all the rustic charm of a basic budget piece of Thailand that has not be exploited by the multinational that are trying to buy up lovley little family run businesses like this and turn them into any where's ville luxury spas. ( I'll park my high horse now but) really this is a lovely place. The food is excellent . The communal areas are nice and have a laid back vibe. The beach is pretty much private and sandy. It's difficult to say anything bad about it. But do note it is not a luxury pad. It's a functional pad with fan , hot water and mozzie net . For the complimentary shampoos and fluffy towels go next door!

I would return here without a doubt. As everyone else says too this place is a bit of a ruff diamond but a real gem. Loved it.

2 Thank CLEMOZ
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

I really don't want this gem ruined (by giving it yet another good review), but all things considered, it was perfect for me and my wife for our first trip to the island. Seems best for couples with no kids (not that kids aren't welcome, the owner's 2 or 3 year old daughter runs around with free reign and is definitely the star of this whole place). Sadly, I admit I did go to the full moon party last night (I have yet to sleep yet as I write this on the beach today). When I left for Haad Rin, I used a pacsafe mesh protector to lock my bag in my room and also had the door alarmed; yet, accidentally, I left my $95 Tevas outside overnight near the lobby. When I came back from the party this AM, no one had touched my sandals. Totally safe. Great internet. Nice traditional style bungalows. Run by an incredibly kind and caring family Some ants. Course sandy beach. But for 20 dollars or so per night, I have ZERO complaints (except for the terrible brakes on the scooters rented by the owners brother). I'll add some photos too. Bungalow numbers 4, 11, 19, and 20 are ON the beach, some others were a few METERS off.

5 Thank ScottEversonRN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Amazing, quirky bungalows! We stayed in number 5 which was on top of a rock and so cool! Bungalows have everything you need. Great food at great prices, family run and the owners are really kind and friendly! Very small and you get to know everyone else staying here. Private beach and a great location. 10 min to haadrin and 10 min to thong sala.

3 Thank Brittkiwi