“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 107 Ko Phangan B&B and Inns
Pangandaran, Indonesia
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I highly recommend staying at the Blue Parrot. The aircon bungalow I stayed in was very clean and I found it to be a very pleasant 4 night stay. The gardens are attractive and it was relaxing to be sitting in the restaurant or on the beach. The food in the restaurant was quality western standard and if you stay there you must try one of their Pizza's!

I met some new friends at the hotel and last night we went to the 'half moon party'. The Blue Parrot was located a short drive away and thus in an excellent location.

The staff were friendly and helped with moped hire- they kept my passport at reception which I thought was a good idea. It was cool riding the bike along the coastal road checking out other area's of the island.

If you stay here you will return and stay again in the future. I know that I will..
cheers
tim d

Room Tip: Go for an air con bungalow for sure. They are cheap for what your getting in that location of koh ph...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I loved staying here, the staff were excellent, my bungalow was spotless, it was great value and it had everything I needed. The owner, Conor, made me feel very welcome and was always willing to answer any questions I had. The view from beach bar and restaurant is spectacular, the food is delicious and the location is superb, it's a stone's throw from Thong Sala pier so it's really easy to get there if you've just arrived on the ferry, it's right on the beach and within short walking distance of the good restaurants, bars and the night market but far enough away from the noise that you can get a good night's sleep! I will be coming back to Koh Phangan in a few months and will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

The bungalow itself was bright, spacious and clean and the gardens are well maintained. A tip for the owners, clean towels would have been nice just the once in the 5 nights we spent there...
The food was nice but I do think well overpriced, especially considering the price of the room.
That being said, I did find the owners quite helpful in that I'd made 2 separate bookings, the 2nd one being a downgrade in price and quality, but the Irish guy came up off his own back the night before and said we could keep the bigger room at the cheaper price.They also brought food up to the bungalow for my partner as he wasn't well. So top marks there.
There's not 'too' much beach here but plenty next door. We were perfectly placed for the Halfmoon Festival here and also to the Beach Village which had a cool chilled vibe going on around it's beach side pool and stretch of sand.

All in all, not too bad to be fair.

• Stayed February 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Pre-booked 2 nights here but got a delay in flights so we lost the ferry so we showed up the next day 10am only to find that we had no room & the full 2 nights where charged from our cc.
Staff wasn't nice either so we moved 3 resorts to the right and found a nicer room at a cheaper price.

• Stayed January 2013
crooner1, Owner at The Blue Parrot Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
I'm writing to correct a couple of factual errors on your review. Your party booked two fan rooms for two nights arriving on January 4, you did not arrive until lunchtime January 5. As you did not make any contact by phone or mail to me I reported to the website at 11.30am Jan 5 that you were a no show and charged your credit card accordingly (I have the records of the transaction). When you arrived at lunchtime,not 10am, I had sold one of the rooms you had booked and there was only one room left. I told you that you were more than welcome to all stay in that room as the resort was full and I had no othere rooms available. You then asked me if you could extend your stay by one day and get another room which was not possible as the resort was fully booked. As I was the only member of staff that you dealt with I find it unbelievable that you thought the staff were not nice, I dealt with you in a professional courteous manner.
Munich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Hi Nicki and Josh you have a realy bad Hollyday!!! Im so sorry for you!!! "The Gecko poop everywhere" its so bad. Light had a brocken cover ohhh thats also so bad! The Guys who was helpful is RINO and CONOR!! We are coming in the blue Parrot the second Time now! And we love this place! Very nice Food. Great helpful Staff nice View! Our Lights working well! Haha...!
We are sure coming back !!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here during the Full Moon party and although this place may be great for a group of friends, it is definitely not the place for couples.

It was obvious when we were shown to our room that it hadn't been checked prior to our arrival since there were no towels, the light in the bathroom was burnt out and there was a ton of gecko poop everywhere. All of this was fine because we asked that they cleaned the room and change the linens and they didn't mind but they didn't do a great job and there was still poop smashed into the floor, all over the walls and on the desk. I was too embarrassed to ask them to clean the room again so we just let it go. The only thing I really liked about the room was that it felt very secure with no bugs in sight.

I did peak into some other rooms that looked nicer but ours was dreary. The concept might have been neat with concrete floor to ceiling but after a while it felt really depressing. There weren't even furnishings to brighten up the place and the overhead light had a broken cover and the stark flurescent lighting just made it worse. Our room was connected to another and surprisingly we could hear everything going on in the adjacent room especially when they spent every night vomiting which was really unpleasant (again, not the best place for a couple).

Other than our room, everything else was great. The common area is really cute with a nice deck for suntanning. The staff, especially Rico and the owner Connor, are really accommodating and helpful from arranging motorbike rentals, ferry transfers, and a taxi to the full moon party. We also liked the location because it was close enough to walk to a selection of low key bars and restaurants but far enough out of Had Rin to avoid some of the riff raff. Wifi worked all if the time and perfectly in the room too which was a plus. The beach is all right but swimming is difficult as it is very shallow with a really rocky bottom until you get very far out. We were disappointed about the beach and the swimming. We didn't try any meal but breakfast but it was very good. The price is definitely right if staying at this place. I think it is unfortunate to be mandantorily charged four nights if staying for the full moon party but I know this is common for most hotels. I think a group of friends would have fun here but I would not go back.

• Stayed November 2012
Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We spent ten days at the blue parrot recently with our two and five year old daughters. We had a really wonderful time. The staff were very friendly and very sweet with the kids despite their often boisterous behaviour! The rooms were exceptionally clean and good value. The resort is right on the beach and we loved sitting on their deck at dusk listening to cool music drinking cocktails - they do proper great cocktails - waiting on our pizzas with our kids playing just a few feet away on the beach. Spent many a long lazy lunch eating club sandwiches and drinking beers in their hammocks occasionally waddling down to the water to cool off. The food is great, love Conor and Renos pizzas! We went travelling after around the island staying in different places but we missed the blue parrot and the welcoming relaxing vibe it has. We'll definitely be going back.

Room Tip: We took the first two rooms closest to the beach and bar/restaurant. one had sliding door looking do...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Blue Parrot Beach Resort? Share your experiences!