“I was in march 2013 one month in the lime and soda beachresort...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lime n Soda Beach Front Resort

Save Saved
You added Lime n Soda Beach Front Resort to your Saves list
Lime n Soda Beach Front Resort
2.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   31 / 10 Moo 1 | Thongsala, Ko Phangan 84280, Thailand   |
Ranked #13 of 105 Ko Phangan B&B and Inns
Bellenberg
“I was in march 2013 one month in the lime and soda beachresort...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Hi

I was in march 2013 one month in the lime and soda beachresort...

It is a very nice resort directly at the beach.The resort is in a very good location near thongsala and baan tai... with haad rin the mainspots on koh phangan

In the resort are pool, massagearea, table tennis, billiard and a beach volleyball area. Everything for sport and relaxing. The rooms are clean and i have a comfortable bed, there is a table with television and a closet and in the room. The shower had warm water, important in thailand because you often without shoes outside. You can book with air-con or Fan but i perfer the air con in Thailand, it´s very hot.

Delicious Drink´s and Food you can order from morning 7 to 10 in the evening at the dining area or at the very nice beach bar with chill-out music, cool cocktails and delicious shak´s.

All staff´s are very friendly, although i vorgett my key 20 time, no problem.
one day my air con was defekt but the 2cnd manager and the staff´s solved the problem in a half an hour and I always had fun with the Bar Staff´s or the securityman. The staff´s speak good english, so you can ask if you problems in the resort or Question´s about the island and they help you fast and good.

I was very pleased with everything at the resort and what was in Thailand and I still have contact with some Staff´s from the Resort and other people of koh phangan.

Everytime again... =)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Ko Tao, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed here for a few weeks while doing Muay Thai training close by. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the place, I was expecting a backpackers.
It was refreshing to have a swimming pool close to the beach with a bar and restaurant (a bit more expensive than the market but good quality) to avoid the short walk into town when I was too tired. Music was a bit unnecessarily loud at the beginning in the bar as I was sometimes the only one there having a quiet drink and a read. Later on more people started arriving for the many parties so the music started to suit the guests. Also my room was far away from the bar so I wasn't disturbed by it either. While the water of the beach isn't deep, it is perfect for lying in to relax while you watch the sunset in the evening. The staff are great, really friendly and if there were any problems with orders or anything it was usually more to do with a language barrier than any laziness or incompetence, and I didn't really have any issues. I think once in the restaurant when I ordered a shake and got ice cream or something, it was quickly changed without fuss and with apologies.
I was sat by the reception when some people had problems and while I'm sure people were pissed off with something the staff seemed to be a bit overwhelmed by the treatement that they were getting from some of the guests. Frankly I thought a lot of the guests acted like dicks, but to be fair I was alone and like a I said I wasn't expecting anything as nice as what I got. I did book through hostelworld, which I think this is the type of crowd that this place aims for with a better quality spin. You can share a fan room for a lot cheaper than staying in some of the large nasty dorms in other places close by. I think while the place is pretty family friendly and chilled out, once the parties start happening in peak season they seem to get a bit distressed by the loud music and full rooms, which should really be expected.

Room Tip: Try to get away from the bar if you want a sleep and not to be annoyed.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
ComaBlack, Guest Relations Manager at Lime n Soda Beach Front Resort, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for such a detailed and constructive review.We take all your comments to heart and are very pleased that your month long stay was a happy experience.I hope you got everything out of your Thai boxing course that you hoped for and hope you will return and visit us again.
Batchelor, Northern Territory, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband, baby boy and I stayed here for our first night of our holidays on Koh Phangan and had a reasonable experience. When we were leaving, we asked to book for another night about 10 days in the future. The lady at the front desk looked to see if there was a room available and said yes, she would book it for us. When we arrived back to stay for this reserved night, however, the staff (including the manager - lady who booked it for us) so that the room wasn't booked, and that there had been some online bookings and that we could only have a room for over 2500 baht which was more than 4 times expensive than the basic fan room that we had booked. My complaints are (1) there is no decent booking system (2) there was no apology (3) there was no offer of discount on the more expensive room that was available (4) there was no acknowledgement of the mess around they had created (5) there was no offer to help us with our belongings to go into Thongsala to find somewhere else (even thought they could see us with many bags and a crying baby. I found the attitude of the staff very disappointing and lacking in any level of remorse. Very disappointing experience and put a bad flavour in our mouth as we left Koh Phangan.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ComaBlack, Guest Relations Manager at Lime n Soda Beach Front Resort, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Firstly we would like to apologise and feel that so much more could have been done about your situation.We were very dissatisfied with the service you received as well as the attitude from the staff and did a thorough review of your case and have since temporarily suspended one saff memeber.We strive to give the best possible service so this was unacceptible.Thank you for sending in your review.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 8 nights in total, we originally were only staying 5 but extended because we enjoyed it here that much! On arrival we were given a cold towel and a nice refreshing drink which was a very nice surprise after a hot walk from the pier. We stayed in a budget bungalow which had a fan and cold shower, which was ok but was very hot at times. The resort is right on the beach but it's not good for swimming as it is very shallow, we did try and walk to the deep sea but there was lots of sea urchins so we decided to walk back. The pool area is good for the price we were paying and we could Always get a sun bed.
Breakfast is ok as it's a buffet, it just didn't get refilled quick enough as some mornings we were waiting around for food, and tea and coffee would take ages to come out.
Evening meals are a good standard however one night my chicken was raw, but this soon got resolved by the helpful friendly staff. I would also recommend checking your receipt as they had a habit of charging you full price for the specials.
Overall we really enjoyed our stay here and would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for all your constructive comments and pointing out alot of details.Its really important and helps us focus on and fix things we might have overlooked.Really pleased that you extended your stay and had an enjoyable holiday.
Buckingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stopped off at Lime n Soda for 4 days whilst travelling around South East Asia. We had our own little bungalow which was perfect. It was basic but the hotel has a pool, beach bar, private beach and it's own little restaurant. Whilst we were there it was so quiet and the beach was just incredible. The food at the restaurant is a little overpriced compared to walking into town, but the quality was good. The beach bar is perfect for chilling out in the evening. I would 100% recommend to anyone visiting Koh Phangan, the prices are amazing!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking out 5 minutes of your day to send in a review.They are all so important to us as it gives us so much insight from a guests perspective.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here while I was recovering from a moped crash, and I have to say we were overwhelmed with how friendly and helpful the staff were.
I was confined to my room (which was comfortable and clean) most of the time between visits to the clinic, and nothing was too much to ask for. The restaurant staff were super friendly, remembered our favourite orders and even brought my food to my room when my girlfriend wasn't around.
I have to give a mention to Kim and Pim, two of the girls who really made our stay special, helping organise for us to get to the clinic, giving us advice on what we needed to do and just being super nice and going beyond the call of duty to help us, even coming to say goodbye to us when we got our boat on their day off!
While the location and pool and rooms etc were very nice, it was the staff at Lime n Soda that really made our stay memorable and for this reason I'd recommend this place for any chilled out travellers looking for a nice place to relax away from all the madness on the island!

• Stayed October 2012
Without the staff you are nothing so we are really gratefull and appreciative towards them for the great job that they do especially when we hear reports like this one from our guests.I hope you have had a full recovery and that you will be back again some day.Thank you for sharing your thoughts and comments with us.I will pass on a personal thanks to Kim and Pim.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 nights in nov... Met great people and the hotel staff really helped making sure we got to all the party's like full moon and jungle party and all returned safe... Had lots of entertainment for us especially Pee the girl who works in reception and works around the clock morning , noon and night to ensure everyone has a good time.. She's a credit to the place...

• Stayed November 2012
Wonderful to hear that you had a fun time and got to go to all the parties.We do try arrange an array of activities for guests to enjoy especially in November when there is alot of rain so Im glad to hear you enjoyed it.Thank you for taking the time to let us know.

Been to Lime n Soda Beach Front Resort? Share your experiences!