This review is a little late, as we stayed 5 days earlier in the year, & I can't believe I overlooked reviewing this quaint little resort!
Walking distance from the ferry port, winding thru what appears to be very 'authentic' neighborhoods we found the Lime & Soda. Meandering up the path thru lush bamboo & beautiful flowers to check in, the laid back vibe is immediate. This has to be one of the most relaxing places we've ever been!
The entire place was immaculate and the friendliest staff ever greet you daily. The view of Koh Samui across the water is stunning! The food available with nightly specials & drink specials, WONDERFUL! We highly recommend trying the BBQ platter of seafood & meats.
At the time of our visit, the new bar was still being built, but there was a little mini bar of sorts & pool table set up in the outdoor dining area
Our room was very basic, the shower is just part of the bathroom, rather than separate & within the bathroom. The TV had very little to offer, but with such beauty outside we spent very little time in the room, to be fair. Housekeeping came daily, and everything was just as beautiful & clean as day one.
We originally booked a US $12 per night room, just in case we weren't happy with what we found at the resort, however, fell in love right away, and booked into the beach front villa with A/C which I think was about $30 per night-
Joe, Ko, Tat became like sons to me- their charming smiles, and fantastic sense of humor, and the way they looked out for our every need, we were spoiled. I had inquired about the Buddhist Monastery, and Ko & Tat arranged to take us the next day- ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!
I highly recommend a massage on the property, by the sea view- that woman was the BEST- and I was out like a light by the end of it!
I know I'm not mentioning everyone, but I cannot brag enough about the staff- EVERY ONE of them all, from Reception, to the drivers, to the cooks & chef, to housekeeping & food/drinks service- Beautiful people who are an asset to the resort.
If you're looking for 5star high end luxury, this is not for you- if you're looking for clean, safe, friendly & welcoming- with a BEAUTIFUL view as you lounge around, great food/drinks & lovely staff-at a very affordable budget- go for Lime & Soda!
ps I understand the "Full Moon Party" each month is a blast- and rooms book fast- but If you're up for a more peaceful time, avoid the full moon weekend altogether
- Also Known As:
- Lime n Soda Beach Front Hotel Koh Phangan
- Lime n Soda Beach Front Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lime N Soda Beachfront Resort is located in Ko Phangan, a 5-minute walk from Thongsala Pier. It features a beachfront bar, swimming pool and affordable rooms with balconies. Wi-Fi is free.Beachfront Lime N Soda Resort is a 20-minute taxi ride from the Full Moon Party. A free one-way pick-up service from Thong Sala Pier or Haad Rin Pier is also available.The cosy bungalows at Soda N Lime Beachfront Resort come with large windows that offer views of the garden or beach. Each room has a seating area and en suite bathroom with hot shower facilities.To relax, guests can enjoy a massage or go on a fishing trip. The resort offers car rental services and free parking. Daytrips can be arranged at the tour desk.The on-site restaurant serves a fine selection of Thai and Western dishes. Other dining options include light snacks and refreshing beverages at the beachfront bar.Facilities of Lime N Soda Beachfront Resort General Restaurant, Bar, Garden, Terrace, Express check-in/check-out, Luggage storage, Ski storage, Designated smoking area, Private beach area, Restaurant (à la carte), Restaurant (buffet), Snack bar, Sun terrace Activities Fishing, Massage, Table tennis, Hiking, BBQ facilities, Diving, Outdoor pool, Outdoor pool (all year) Services Room service, Laundry, Dry cleaning, Ironing service, Bicycle rental, Car hire, Tour desk, Fax/photocopying, Ticket service, Airport shuttle (surcharge) InternetFree! WiFi is available in public areas and is free of charge. Free! WiFi is available in the hotel rooms and is free of charge. ParkingFree! Free private parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed). Important informationPlease note that the resort offers free one-way transfer from Thong Sala Pier or Haad Rin Pier. To book this service, guests are requested to directly contact the resort at least 5 hrs before arriving at the pier. Guests who stay on full moon days between 30 January 2013 and 19 December 2013 receive complimentary Mexican dinner buffet per person per stay. The dinner buffet is served at the resort's dining area between 18:30-21:30 hrs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, HostelBookers, HostelWorld and Hotels.com so you can book your Lime n Soda Beach Front Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.