“Diving with The Dive Inn.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 69 Activities in Ko Phangan
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a long established and widely respected PADI "5 Star" dive center on Koh Phangan island in the the Gulf of Thailand. We cater to beginners, advanced divers and non-divers and specialize in day trips to the best dive and snorkeling sites in the area. We provide unrivaled personal attention to small groups, ensuring the best possible experience for all our customers.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Koh phanghan
“Diving with The Dive Inn.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Hi. I had numerous communications with Alan, prior to leaving the uk for our hol in Koh Phanghan. Alan was incredibly helpful , as I wanted to make sure everything was in order for our arrival having previously dived all over the world as had some bad experiences. Our hotel was located in Thong Pan Nai Noi which is some distance from the dive centre but not an issue as Alan arranged a seamless transfer via long tail water taxi- a great experience. Everybody at the dive centre was extremely helpful and we linked up with Wendy who was our guide at Sail Rock. The boat was clean and comfortable and the food on board was excellent. We had 2 great dives at the site which is loaded with fish, and is also an easy dive for my less experienced partner. We had planned additional days diving , but due to my partner having sinus problems, we had a cancel. A great experience and a very professional company.
Andy

Visited January 2013

“Best guys for diving and courses !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

What can we say, what an amazing time we had in Koh Phangan with the Dive Inn.
Bumping into friendly Stormy on Mae Haad beach and doing our AOW with her, turned out to be the best part of our holiday. We knew we had made a great friend from the start. My husband and I booked our advanced open water course then and there to begin the next day.

When stopping at the dive shop we were overwhelmed by the friendliness and hospitality of the team. Their knowledge of the dive spots and sea life that were there was phenomenal. Fern, the owner of Dive Inn, is a true Gem, with her gentle Thai ways, ever smiling and always hard at work, going out of her way to ensure you have a great experience.

The advanced open water was such fun, we got to go out to Sail Rock - the best spot in the Thai gulf I think and Anthong Marine Park the day after. Awesome range of corals, a huge range of tropical fish and schools of Travelly's and barracuda. My highlight of the course was the photography section where I got to try and capture some of the beauty. It was great having James and Allan (other team members) jumping in with loads of tips and techniques. Do yourself a favour and take a look at their Facebook page, the photo's are outstanding! - so jealous! There are such incredible things to see out there, we loved it! Stormy took us out to see a huge school of trevally's, getting us right in amongst them, it was awesome! She has such knowledge of the environment and aquatic life, always pointing out little things we didn't notice and even finding a camouflaged scorpion fish to photograph. (my best shots) She always brought a sense of calm and control to each dive and made learning so easy and fun, below & above the water, during & after work! We got the best Island advice on the good spots from her, like where to get the tastiest, cheap Thai food ever! On getting back to the shop Allan kindly went through my shots and gave me more tips on underwater shooting. It's not as easy as it seems - and that's coming from a photographer!

When the course was over, we just hadn't had enough yet, so booked some fun dives through them. Going back to Sail Rock, (our favourite dive spot) We got the same great service with dive master, Wendy, who we had loads of fun with, showing us all the good stuff. Unfortunately it was quite a choppy day and I got horribly sea sick the whole day on the boat, I was only fine underwater on our dives. Poor Wendy was wonderful, readying my equipment, making sure I was okay and keeping our spirits high.

From start to finish The Dive Inn was a personalised experience for us. They went out of their way to help us with more than just diving. We had an instructor (Stormy) to ourselves the entire time, as they are about personal experiences and great customer service. Even on the fun dives we had a Dive Master (Wendy) between only 3 of us!

We would highly recommend The Dive Inn to anyone heading out there.
Go with your swim suit and towel & they provide the rest - food and all!

It was so lovely to meet you all.
Love Lindy & Roy

Ps. Long live the aluminium camel toe club at Jim's Bar!

Melbourne, Australia
“Amazing dive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

A friend and I had our first scuba dive ever, and The Dive Inn made it such an amazing experience! We had Woody as our instructor who was so easy and fun to dive with. The entire time I felt so safe.

thun
“Beautiful Day...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Professional organisation!!

I had two beautiful dives at the sail rock with wendy. She is such a relaxing guide that the dives must be a pleasure....

Vienna, Wien, Austria
“Awesome way to learn diving !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We booked in advance the Discover Scuba Diving Day to try diving, over the internet based on the tripadvisor reviews, and we must stay our expectations were highly exceeded. Alan, our dive instructor, was fun, a lot of experience with many tips and stories on hand, he gave clear instructions and you always felt safe with him. After our day at sail rock (amazing dive spot) i immediately signed up for the next day to do my full open water diving course, because it was so much fun and i thought that i couldn't find any better instructor then Alan. After my theory and pool session, i had some more dives at koh tao. Also all the other people from the dive inn were really nice, the equipment is good, everything was organized for me (pick up boat), they are very flexible based on your own holiday "schedule" and you have always the feeling that they want to provide you with the best dive experience possible. Overall i am really looking forward to go diving again at the dive inn in the future and for everyone else i just can highly recommend it !!