“Clean room, good food amazing sunset” 4 of 5 stars

Beck's Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   152/1 Nai Wok Bay, Ko Phangan 84280, Thailand   |
Ranked #33 of 92 Hotels in Ko Phangan
London, United Kingdom
“Clean room, good food amazing sunset”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

It is a close distance from the town, the staff are quite helpful and the best part is sitting and enjoying the amazing view of the the sunset. The kitchen has large fresh dishes, cooked a bit western-ish, which I think was a good thing considering the dishes I ordered. Good coffee.
The accommodations themselves are not fancy, with the room being quite simple, but it was cleaned daily and sheets/linens changed. The bathroom was small with an electric-type shower, found all over SEA, with no separate shower stall.
There is no internet reception in the rooms, so most people just used the lobby/ restaurant.
The vegetarian pizza was great!
They organized transport to FMP for 100thb.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Vang Vieng, Laos
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I have recently stopped at Becks over the full moon period,
Upon arrival I was greeting by friendly smiles and information on the local area, including a planned route for a fabulous motorbike ride,
Si the Manager was always keen to help and his staff to be of service,
Calling me by name added that extra welcoming touch,
Would definitely recommend to anyone staying on the island,
A great way to avoid the ramble up near Haad rin,
Perfect view of the sunset from there decking right on the beach,
Brilliant stay :-)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

The rooms are a bit downmarket - especially the bathrooms - but as soon as you gaze out of the window you know why you made the decision to stay here. The bar and deck are located right on a stretch of lovely beach. The water is warm and shallow, hence no need for a pool. This is a place where you get to hang with the other guests, it is very friendly. The staff are super-helpful.
If you want a chilled out beach experience with a great sunset view, this is your place.
It is so cool though, that everyday people on island tours stop in for lunch, and other visitors pop in to use the deck and refresh themselves.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room overlooking the gulf and the island.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend stayed here for the full moon party in september for 8 nights ! The location is about a 5 min drive in a sawngthaew from the port for 50 baht each . It is about a 20 min ride to haad rin (where the full moon party is and all the main nightlife) which cost us 100 baht each . The resort is tranquil and sitting at the beach bar at sunset takes your breath away .
We took a double bungalow with ac and the room was clean and quite spacious and room service was provided everyday . We ate mostly at the hotel restaurant which is excellent value for money ! The thai food was exquisite and offered massive portions for max 100 baht . On those days were we fancied some western food , it was some of the nicest we had in thailand and although a little bit more expensive , again you were given value for money portions ! The staff at the resort were also fantastic and extremely helpful with planning our on ward journey and organising kayaking across the bay ( a must by the way ! )
Dont be put off by the distance from haad rin as we found this to be a great balance , we could frequent the nightlife there cheaply and easily enough and suffer it consequences relaxing on a calm beach which is literally on the doorsteps of the bungalows !

• Stayed September 2012
Beijing
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I picked this one because its near the pier that we can go diving dining and everything, yet a bit away from all the noise.

After a tranquil 5 days at the relaxing Thong Nan Pai beach, beck's give me a feeling of backing to earth when I first moved to here because the restaurant/lounge area is like the bar which I always hang out with friends. Rooms look fine,we got the one right infront the beach which we can hear the waves all night long especially windy nights, romantic but a bit scary for 2 girls....

It's said has the best sunset among the island and it's totally worth the slogan! We got a fantastic sunset view just through our room window!

Food and staffs are nice and helpful.And they keep a otter as pet which gave us lots of joy during our stay..

The only regret for me is the beach is toooo shallow to swim and there's no pool. Would be great if there's a pool, so the only things to do are either go far to dive/snorkeling/motorbiking/kayak to the close little island or just hanging out in the beach bar and watching sunset doing nothing..

Room Tip: Beach front is coool but could be noisy during windy days
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

It was my very first time that i wrote on tripadvisor after years of travelling. i felt i MUST do this time round as its such a freaking terrible experience i got from BECKS RESORT.

On the first night that me n my friends have arrived, everything went very smoothly and very good assistance from a msian n thai receptionist. it was great for them to let us know more information about Koh Phangan. if you were there, look out for the msian recceptionist. she´s awesome!!!

As the time flies very fast, it was the actual day of Full Moon party at Haad Rin beach! Awesome party which one have to experience it! After returning back to the hotel, which was 4am and get things done, me n friends have to catch the ferry before 8am. have a short nap, and woke up to get things done n wanna catch the taxi to the pier before 7.30am.

As usual, get dressed and was looking for my 21st birthday watch presented by my family and which is so memorable for me and my Diamond ring was LOST LOST LOST!!!! flip over the whole room but couldnt find it at all!! i remembered very clearly that it was kept together will all my valuables but its only my watch and diamond ring was lost!!

I hate staying in Beck's Resort@Koh Pha-Ngan!!! The hotels staff are thieves!!! Be very very EXTRA CAREFUL with them. they will wait for you guys to get of the hotel esp on FULL MOON PARTY and they will steal your valuables. I have lost my diamond ring and my memorable watch. I hope non of frens that stay over there will encounter this [--] moment. Even the management will not be assisting you even you are lost and it makes me blow my mind off!! [--] PEOPLE with no courtesy.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I booked ahead with sawadee.com. It was a little cheaper than booking direct at around 630 baht for a beachside fan bungalow (low season). They are large with comfortable bed, powerful fan and bath with hot shower. There is also a coffee making facility, (but bring your own coffee). 300 baht rooms are available, but are a lot more basic. Housekeeping come everyday.

I walked from the pier as it's only 15 mins away. It is a secluded, quiet area - right next to the beach. You can hire a kayak from them for 100 baht/hr to visit the neighbouring island 15mins away. Also bicycle's are available for 100 baht/day to see places nearby.

Their restaurant has a wide range of pizza, pasta, sandwiches and Thai food. There is an offer from 5pm for Thai speciality street food (69 baht).

Next door there is a cafe called heartbreak cafe which is good also. They have two cute little puppies and a friendly cat called tiger if you like animals.

The staff at beck's are friendly, they help with anything you may need. You can book excursions, borrow books or play pool at the main bar area. The outside beach bar opens 1pm till late, which has hammocks and comfortable loungers.

It is useful to have a motorbike, but it is still possible to walk to shops and restaurants in town.

I would recommend for a quiet, comfortable stay. I liked that it was right on the beach and that it was convenient for the pier.  A

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Beck's Resort? Share your experiences!