“Nice, clean, and relaxing!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of B52 Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ko Phangan
B52 Beach Resort
Special Offer
Direct Booking Offers!!!
Ranked #32 of 106 Ko Phangan B&B and Inns
Auckland, New Zealand
“Nice, clean, and relaxing!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

We stayed at B52 for 4 nights and it was the perfect getaway. Right on the beach, with a lovely pool. The rooms were clean and the staff were friendly. Easy walk into Thong Sala, packed with shops, places to eat, and market stalls. The hotel gave us a free ride to the Full Moon party too! Perfect.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

We booked the Big Villa for 10 days in February--I had been there in the past and stayed in one of the Villas (but was jealous of the party in the Big Villa!), and couldn't wait to return. Everything was perfect (and I am a frequent traveler)! The room was perfectly made up upon arrival, and had everything we needed. Large, comfortable beds, great linens, clean towels, and everything was restocked upon request. The front porch had a table, a swing, and a chaise lounge, and all were no less than 10 feet from the sand. Needless to say, we spent a lot of time on the porch enjoying the gorgeous view. They had multiple people on the staff that cleaned the beach every morning, making the view even more perfect.

I can't say enough about the staff, especially Chai. Gail and Tom (spelling?). They accommodated all of our requests, and even helped us book a taxi around the island so some beautiful beaches and a waterfall. Chai and Tom make all of the drinks with love, and the food is the same. Everything we tried was delicious! Chai, I miss your vodka club sodas! Gail et al., thanks for the elephant. We will treasure it always.

I went into Thong Sala quite a bit to shop and get massages--if you are looking to truly be taken care of, please go to PLE's massage--its a few blocks off of the main walking street, closer to the Night Market than the resort, but I haven't felt this great in years. If you do head there, please tell them the American sent you and that she says hello!

We traveled 35 hours and halfway around the world (we're from Minneapolis, MN, USA) to get to Koh Phangan and the B52, and I'd get back on those planes right now if I could go back. We have a lot of great memories of our time spent there, and can't wait to book this trip again. I can safely say this will be a recurring vacation for us! Please feel free to contact me with questions...I'd be happy to answer.

I think I'm going to make a countdown calendar, even if it is a year until I can vacation again, just to remind me every day of how special this place is. It will be worth the wait.

Cheers!

Room Tip: The Villas are nice and well worth the price
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is one of my main reasons for traveling to Thailand!
The staff is superfriendly, speak good english and are helpfull and respectfull.

• Stayed February 2012
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

For the price we paid, we were more than happy with B52. Arriving before the NYE Full Moon Party we booked for the min 7 night stay. When we arrived the staff were very welcoming. Our bungalows (2 of them) were clean and cosy. They had all the necessities needed to make our stay enjoyable. The rooms have air con, TV, in room safes, tea/coffee making facilities. And the matresses and pillows were lovely. The staff go out of their way to help you. They gave us great advice on places to visit around the island and even gave us a few insider tips for when hiring scooters etc The resort is in a great location - walking distance to local restaurants and town. The beach out the front of the resort is also clean as is the pool. I would definately stay here again and would not hesitate to recommend this resort.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Brighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

we booked the pool villa with private plunge pool. the rooms where good and the pillows and ma tress rocked but when you are paying nearly 100 pounds a night the service sucked .

the plunge pool/jacuzzi was always turned off and they took half a day to turn the thing on, in reality it should always be ready for me to use but instead they turn it off , why i dont know, also refilling the pool was needed as the water evaporates , but no brainpower went into it.

we got your money now what you gonna do was the impression i got

next time i am in kho phangan i will try somewhere else

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

First of all, I would like to say that 'nataljaserra's' review seemed to be coming out of her ...! What a stuck up spoilt person! Sorry - Anyway, moving on, my partner and I stayed there for 10 days. If you are expecting the a 5* luxury honey moon resort like Nataljaserra expected, then get real! For the price you pay, what you get is basic but fantastic! Clean, cool bungalows with basic mod cons, comfy bed and cute finishing touches. You have a fab infinity pool overlooking the beach, right next to a swim up bar, a small but cosy open restaurant, where the food is tasty enough. - My take is, if you treat the staff with respect (Chai, meong, Thom, Gayle, etc), they in turn will do the same and help you whenever you need it...if you want an 'extra' coffee at breakfast, they won’t charge you if you ask nicely! - I don’t know why ppl think the breakfast should be massive, they offer simple, healthy breakfast options such as poached egg on toast with fresh coffee and orange juice, or porridge with banana, omelettes and bacon, French toast, etc....perfect!

As for massages, we had one almost every day, again, it’s not a 5* resort, so how can you expect a full on spa, just simply ask the staff to sort you out a massage on the beach or in the comfort of your bungalow and bam, you have it! 300bht for a full hour Thai massage, no problem. Also there are plenty of massage places within a few minutes walking distance,,,,town is a mere 10/15 minute walk and there you have night markets, shopping, bars, etc,,,,,we highly recommend trying the BEACHLOUNGE bar ( a few resorts down from b52), the food, ambience and cocktails are to die for!!!! Hire a jeep and check out the island for a little adventure, I would not just stay the whole time at b52, keep it as your base, but you have so much to see, do and explore around you, amazing view points, wildlife and beaches (go to the herbal sauna, so refreshing)!

Only down side for us was the fact that it rained solid for almost 4 days and we only has a few real days of sunbathing sunshine, so I did not get to swim in the ocean much, but when I did it was fab!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

We spent 3 relaxing days by the infinity pool and beach shore. Wonderful food and cocktails. Easy walk to Tongsala Town. Our room was great and the staff so helpful.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to B52 Beach Resort? Share your experiences!