“Hard but best thing I've ever done for my health!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ananda Yoga Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ko Phangan
Ananda Yoga Resort
16/3 moo 6, Ko Phangan, Thailand   |
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Hard but best thing I've ever done for my health!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

I had previous had stomach problems on going for 3 years and hadn't felt like myself for a long while with the likes of bloating, irregular toilet moments, cramps, feeling sluggish & fatigue. I done the 7.5 days regular detox programme but done a pre detox for 2 days myself before beginning.
This whole experience has been most defiantly the best thing I have ever done! Although I found it very hard at times for many reasons... However, the helpful informative staff Villy & Nor, amazing daily massages, appropriate yoga sessions & herbal steam room along with salt water pool and other detox goers all helped towards the outcome of health I now have. I haven't felt this good in a long, long time!
Not only do I feel better, I also have more knowledge to help me keep my nutrition and digestion healthier for the long term.

Thank you to all who stayed there around the 13th December and to all the staff at Ananda Wellness Resort !

• Stayed December 2013

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Ko Samui, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

very good detox program! I did the 11 days (2 prepare days, 7 detox and 2 after) and stayed at one off Ananda's fan room. the matrasses are a bit hard, that was the only thing I would improve.
Nice salt water swimmingpool, herbal steamroom (open every day!) daily massage. excellent en friendly staf! stunning sunsets views from restaurant.
When you finaly are aloud to eat: Ananda has a great restaurant (veggie and non veggie) and realy cheap.
Villy, the manager, is always around to answer your questions when needed. The only thing I didn't like, was the yoga at Agama, but thats just because I did not liked that particulary kind off yoga. when you do, then its greate because you can join a class every day (except sundays)!
I feel realy good and lost also a lot off weight!
Thank you Ananda! We still come for lunch at your restaurant, aslong as we're staying at Koh Phangan! ;)

Room Tip: fan room was great, only the matrasses are little hard. but the bungalows looked realy great!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I did my 5th detox at Ananda Wellness Resort in May and, as always, had a fantastic cleanse there. I have done other detoxes (annually since 1997, but sometimes on my own using either Vitr-a-Tox or Arise and Shine) and even others in Thailand (the Health Oasis on Koh Samui, formerly the Healing Child). Ananda is definitely the best detox experience I've had of all of them.

The simple reason is the full-service experience. The staff prepares everything for you - twice daily colemas, your shakes, supplements, broth, and coconuts, etc. The daily massage was exceptional, the sauna is hot, steamy, and quiet, the pool (salt-water non-chlorinated) was recently remodeled, and the daily Agama Yoga class is great. I love the care and attention of the staff. They're flexible with my personal needs and remind me of the schedule if I forget the time. They've even been known to bring my juice to my room when I've been too lost in a book or something. And speaking of the rooms, they're not huge but they've got double beds, ample room for Yoga and your luggage, and hot water. For me, it's simple, clean, and fine. If you want fancy, you can book the bungalows.

I consider this detox a very personalized, almost VIP experience (after doing many self-administered cleanses and even other detoxes where you self-served the whole experience). The service greatly enhances the experience and the success of the detox in general. I love it here and I always look forward to coming back again!

Thanks Villy and Vangelis for everything. :-)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Banos, Ecuador
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Ananda Resort is a laid back place with friendly staff. I have done a couple of detoxes there and look forward to returning next year. Its a relaxed yet professional process leaving you feeling refreshed and the price is good compared to some other Detox centers in Thailand.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Liverpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Booking my detox didn't get off to a great start when I received no confirmation of my booking or my deposit, so I called the resort the day before my arrival to double check. I had a 10 minute confusing conversation in which the owner, Villi, first said she'd received no email or booking from me, and then proceeded to say 'oh yeah, I had it, I emailed you-you didn't respond'. It wasn't putting me at ease the day before my arrival but I put it down to a misunderstanding/language barrier.

Upon arriving at the resort, the first thing I noticed was the tense atmosphere between the owner and the fellow guests... The owner said I would have to wait for my room (which took nearly two hours) despite turning up after 11 as she had requested, and did not smile or welcome me once. While I waited for my room, I checked out the 'beach'; which is a very loose term indeed. The water is too far out to reach comfortably and the beach is just a short stretch of polluted, shingle. The road is noisy and the restaurant is set at the road side, so not conducive to a relaxing resort. I used the time to order something from the menu; ironically, there was limited option of raw food and all around me people were eating unhealthy food which again isn't ideally when you're there for a fast.

Speaking to other guests I began to doubt my choice of resort... While the yoga program did get good recommendations, only myself and one other lady were doing the fast which meant sharing space with a lot of people who were eating, and even smoking. Many people mentioned the unwelcoming feel and that there had even been conflict between guests and the owner. Furthermore, the resort was a lot smaller than I had expected which a limited range of relaxation areas (a hammock outside the room, poolside areas, including a small pagoda for fasters, with no cushions on the hard wood loungers, and then the restaurant).

The room was small, very dark and in desperate need of a paint, but I was lucky to even have a room.... There were still people waiting in reception, which doubled as a restaurant, as the resort was double booked and on the night of the full moon when accommodation on the island is scarce to say the least!

The real deal breaker for me was the noise! There was construction going on all around the tiny resort and the tiny, exposed pool was full of children jumping in and shouting.

The owner kept forgetting what time she had made an appointment with me, and kept coming over to check, which again didn't put my mind at ease, and it was at this stage that I realised I did not want to put my health in these peoples hands, who are clearly only money orientated.

So around 4 hours after arriving, I explained to the owner that I had changed my mind about the fast.... I tried to explain that I had been made anxious by the wait, and lack of information, but she only responded with 'oh good, because someone wants your room'.

I genuinely think this resort makes money from cancellations, and people leaving.... Judging by the previous reviews, you don't get your deposit back so it's water under the bridge for me, but I would think very very carefully before risking your health with these people and parting with your hard earned cash.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Mirissa, Sri Lanka
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I recently spent 8 days at Ananda; 2 of which were in pre-detox and 6 without food.
These days were fun, focused and fasting never caused hunger.
I felt well cared for over this time...enjoying the pool and the massages were the 'icing on the cake' as it were.
My yoga time was energising and while I engaged primarily in the 12 straight 'salutes to the sun' they were all I needed at this time to further lift my spirit.
I would highly recommend the experience ~ having lost just short of 6 kgs in that time and trust that over the next few weeks my goal will be achieved.
It was stated that I would continue to feel good and strong for some time after resuming my usual life and this energy has given me the confidence and strength to step away from a destructive relationship that I have been in for a number of years now. I appreciate there may be times when I don't feel fantastic yet to cleanse within is and will remain a process that permeates all parts of my being.
The staff at Ananda are supportive, encouraging and friendly; assisting with any enquiries/making your stay comfortable and nurturing.
Do yourself a favour and make your health your top priority and watch more magic unfold!! <3

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Had my first detox ever, took the 11-day detox program and lost 6 kgs in total. Staffs were pleasant and very accommodative. Villy and Nor were very helpful and patient in guiding me to my first ever detox program. Indeed a Life changing experience!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to Ananda Yoga Resort? Share your experiences!