I have been travelling to Koh Phangan for the last 13 years. In that time I have stayed at 10+ resorts on the island. Baan Manali is by far the best for the 'short' (<21 days) visitor to the beautiful island of Koh Phangan.
Baan Manali is a wonderful resort, no-one would be disappointed that they stayed here: it is simply wonderful.
It has two massively positive advantages over other resorts in Koh Phangan:
1. V.Low density of bungalows. All bungalows have a seaview, and you will not be close to your neighbours.
2. Owner/Managers who live on site and really care about your experience whilst staying here.
I live on Koh Phangan, and have stayed at many of the resorts on the island before finally moving here. I am motivated to write this review not through any 'insider influence', solely because of my excellent experience staying at Baan Manali.
The bungalows are beautifully designed, incredibly comfortable and very well positioned. Every bungalow has a beautiful balcony with a seaview.
The design is tasteful: modern subtle Thai design with all the creature comforts we all love: aircon, hotwater, excellent wifi, comfy beds, in room safe etc etc. They are kept impeccably clean by a great room-clean crew. They are very well spaced with lots of room between you & your neighbours - this is not common at many KPG resorts.
Managers who really care: the owner managers live onsite. They are on hand to help, advise, inform and help when needed. They are the heart and soul of the resort - they offer the sort of personal treatment that 5* resorts try to match, but just can't do due to room volume.
These are good people with a good place.
The resort has a lovely restaurant with beautiful views & vibes. The food is great, and the view is divine. The breakfast (free) is more than adequate, I loved the homemade muesli with coconuts from their garden, and the homemade pineapple jam...,
It's in a great location - Thong Sala (the main village of KPG) is less than 10 mins walk around the corner, there are bars, restaurants and shops very close by - a plus on KPG ! The night food market in Thong Sala is particularly good (100BHT for Green Curry & Rice).
I feel that the Baan Manali needs a special mention because I have been incredibly impressed by every aspect of the resort. Again, I have no link with this resort, I just want to give a good review to people who are getting it right on KPG. You will not go wrong by staying here.
- Also Known As:
- Baan Manali Hotel
- Baan Manali Hotel Koh Phangan
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at only 10 min walking from the main village of the island, Baan Manali Resort is a quiet and relaxing nest, surrounded by coconut trees, facing the lagoon. Spread in a tropical garden, our 11 cozy bungalows, built in traditional way, offer all the modern comfort (AC, hot water, new beds, private balcony and hammock). At our bar-restaurant facing the sunset, you will enjoy our cocktails, family Thai cooking or European dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Baan Manali Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.