“Great food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #57 of 229 Restaurants in Ko Phangan
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Doing business, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Authentic Mexican food at backpacker prices. Imported spices, slow cooked family style flavors incorporated by an American Chef with over 15 years in the business. Killer Margaritas including out Jumbo 650 ml Margarita made only with real tequila. Come see for your self!
Chicago, Illinois
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Best Mexican food outside of Mexico-period! Margaritas rock too! Met the owner. Nice bloke from Chicago. Great information regarding what's happening on the island. Will definitely come back.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Ko Phangan, Thailand
“Best Mex in Thailand!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Was SHOCKED by how tasty this Mexican place was on Koh Phangan! GREAT margaritas,
( we had the mango and the strawberry), AWESOME tacos, esp the home made chorizo version.
Ando cup was cheap and filling at about $1, and service was friends and excellent.
Easy to find, in Thong Sala across from the huge Sri Chai hardware store, on right side.
Owner went out of his way to make sure we were happy with food and service.
Clean place, festive atmosphere, reasonably priced drinks, great tequilas... Can not say enough
good about this place. will be back for sure!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Best Mexican food I've had in my life!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Food was amazing. I had the steak burrito with some kind of special sauce (not on menu but my local friend who took me there said I should ask for it on it, so I did and whilst eating it I had to close my eyes as it felt like my taste budds were having multiple orgasms) and it came out being so big (very long/wide & deep) that I just stared at it, thinking theres no way I can eat all of this, but it was so amazing so how my stomach made room for it and I ate it all. A few people at my table were intrigued watching me eat it as I at times had my eyes closed as I was in food heaven. The owner/manager is super nice and he's originally from America somewhere so his english is perfect. He also serves beers that are so cold (tweaks the freezer to a specific temperature so it's just below the beer freezing point) that the beer comes out in the bottle with frost on the outside but no frozen beer inside. He's (Ando is his name) is a beer artist in my opinion. The restaurant also has chill out hammocks, a free pool table (for paying customers of course) and an amazingly wide variety of fantastic tasting and value for money, cocktails. I'm a guy and never drink cocktails, but gambled on one, a Pina Colada, and was blown away, giving it a 10 out of 10! Loved the place.

Visited October 2012
Ko Phangan, Surat Thani, Thailand
“Big mexican dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Ando Loco is the only place around here you can enjoy a real mexican dish. The portions are large and the price fair, especially for the beer. The place is not one of those fancy places, just a simple outside cantina. Here what matters is what you get in your plate and in your glass. Good place to meet up new fellows in a friendly atmosphere.

Visited August 2012
Canberra, Australia
“delicious mexican!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

fantastic food and great value for money. service was fast and friendly. would definitely go back! try the sweet potato chips and jumbo margaritas :)

• Visited September 2012