“Love their fish and grilled” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 222 Restaurants in Ko Phangan
5.0 of 5 stars 784 Reviews
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Description: This original seafood restaurant in Ban Tai opened more than 6 years ago by a local fishing family. Offering a wide selection of fresh local seafood and traditional Thai home cooking with some signature dishes creating a unique dining experience. Some dishes are Thai style and very spicy or can be as mild as you like, some dishes are fusion and a few western dishes all with no MSG. The restaurant is located on a stunning beachfront next to Ban Tai pier with the option of seating on traditional long tail fishing boats and beach beds for before or after dinner cocktails. This beach side restaurant is relaxed and friendly. Don't miss out on this local treasure. A must while visiting Koh Phangan! Booking advised during busy months and always around full moon and half moon periods and for larger groups at all times. Opening hours kitchen 1pm until 10pm Beach bar late in high season Closed every month 2+ days for staff holiday depending on season check our face book status
Bangkok, Thailand
“Love their fish and grilled”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I love their fish, it was very fresh.
The Irish owner was nice, their service people speak fluent English.
Try to book for the table, walk in may not impressive.

Visited June 2013

• Hebrew first
Zurich, Switzerland
“Great setting, great food, great staff! Highly recommended....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

We are on koh phangan for 4 nights and have eaten here for 2 of them! Amanda runs a fantastic operation and the food is superb value for what you get.. Beautiful location and the ambience of both the restaurant and the beach area are very cool.... We booked the 1st night as there were 8 of us, tonight in a 2 we just turned up thinking as the island was quiet after the full moon party we'd be fine, but fishermans was still full (tells you everything), yet Amanda squeezed us in... So a tip would be to book a table to avoid disappointment.... I see it's currently #2 ranked in koh phangan on here, #1 must be damn good to be beating this place.... Would be great to see it hit top spot soon given the results the guys there are achieving!
In summary, if you're on koh phangan and like good food at a reasonable price in a nice setting with good service, get fishermans booked into your itinerary!

Ko Phangan, Thailand
“Excellent seafood restaurant right on the water.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Fantastic mussels, fish veggies and more. We had a wonderful lunch. I am sure it is even better atmosphere. If you want to spoil yourselves and have a great meal this is the place.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We were on Koh Phangan for a few days, and we wanted a really romantic and high quality dining experience. We found it at Fishermans Restaurant.

From the moment you enter the restaurant, it spells romantic with candle lit tables, soft spanish style music, and a great view of the bay. The staff was very attentive and personable, our waitress suggested the shripm cakes as an appetizer, and we were served 2 good sized cakes that came with 3 different sauces. The cakes were fresh, and taste subtle and fresh.

We next ordered the King Mackerel and it was a 10 presentation-wise. A thick steak of fish, cooked perfectly, had the desired fishy taste like all salt water fish, and I ordered the fries with it which were huge but just a touch undercooked for my taste in the middle, but tasted like traditional English chips which tend to be slightly undercooked (from an American point of view).

Another one of my raves was the coconut shake. I have been living in Thailand for 7 years, and this was hands-down the best shake I have ever had. Kudos!

Finally, as if we were not stuffed enough, I ordered the chocolate mousse for dessert. All I needed was one bite to tell me that I was not in Koh Phangan, but some special place in chocolate heaven. It was incredible, with a dallop of whipped cream on the top. And I was so sad when it was finished. A perfect end to a perfect meal.

My hat's off to the proprietors who just seem to go the extra mile for their customers. Excellent service, delicious food, reasonable prices. Our total came to just over 1000 baht, or $30 usd which is a value anywhere.

My suggestion is to bring some mosquito repellent, as you would to any evening outdoor restaurant. As I was enjoying my meal. the mosquitos were enjoying theirs.

Finding the restaurant is not too difficult, its around 3.5 km past the post office on your right hand side (which is the same road that goes to the full moon party.

Workington, United Kingdom
“Fantastic place to eat and relax”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

The location of this place is amazing, right on the beach, a relaxed atmosphere and great food. While on the island we visited this place three times and every time it was faultless. Staff are helpful and very friendly and it is more than value for money. Amazing.

• Visited August 2013