“Holy mother of seafood” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 222 Restaurants in Ko Phangan
5.0 of 5 stars 782 Reviews
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Description: This original seafood restaurant in Ban Tai opened more than 6 years ago by a local fishing family. Offering a wide selection of fresh local seafood and traditional Thai home cooking with some signature dishes creating a unique dining experience. Some dishes are Thai style and very spicy or can be as mild as you like, some dishes are fusion and a few western dishes all with no MSG. The restaurant is located on a stunning beachfront next to Ban Tai pier with the option of seating on traditional long tail fishing boats and beach beds for before or after dinner cocktails. This beach side restaurant is relaxed and friendly. Don't miss out on this local treasure. A must while visiting Koh Phangan! Booking advised during busy months and always around full moon and half moon periods and for larger groups at all times. Opening hours kitchen 1pm until 10pm Beach bar late in high season Closed every month 2+ days for staff holiday depending on season check our face book status
London, United Kingdom
“Holy mother of seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Me and my boyfriend went to this lovely place for a dinner and I got to say this was one of the best seafood I have had in Thailand. We ordered the big seafood plater which was amazing. By this I mean the crabs are to die for. Nice big juicy ....awwww I would definitely recommend to book a table in advance as this place can get really busy.
The staff there can speak good English and they are ever so nice and friendly.
Defo coming back

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Hebrew first
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Recommended 8/10”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Fisherman's has a great restaurant to which we went twice during our stay in Koh Phangan.

Pros

+ Great choice of Thai food
+ Friendly staff
+ Great location

Cons
- price

Overall recommended 8/10... But would encourage to explore some other restaurants

Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
“One of the best places I've ever eaten”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I spent a month in Thailand this year and enjoyed trying different restaurants at all price levels. This was hands down the best meal I had while in the country, so much so I ate there two nights in a row and I never do that on a trip. The ambiance in the ocean is unbeatable; dining in a boat in the sand is fun and the food exceptional. They didn't take credit cards at the time which was difficult with no ATM nearby but they lent us a scooter to drive to one, nothing beats their hospitality there.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

By far this was one of the best restaurants we ate at whilst we were in Thailand. They were very busy the night we went and they advised they had no tables but were able to offer us drinks at the bar and a look at the menu whilst we waited... It was worth the wait the food was outstanding and would recommend you stopping in for a meal whilst you stay on the island if you get the chance. Wouldnt hesitate to recommend this to anyone that would be going in the future.

Visited October 2013
Ko Tao, Thailand
“Lovely fresh seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I have eaten her on another occasion with my boyfriend. This time my friend and I ate here for dinner and had a lovely evening. My friend is gluten and dairy intolerant and the staff were excellent in accommodating her needs and making suggestions on suitable dishes. The seafood was fresh and delicious and really spoke for itself. We also had a lovely bottle of rose with our dinner. The setting is really beautiful and has been wonderfully decorated. All in all a lovely evening and definitely worth a visit if you are staying in Koh Phangan.

• Visited October 2013