We stayed at the Salad Buri Resort for 6 nights at the beginning of October 2012. Even though we wanted to keep an open mind towards the negative attitude of the employees, after two days we really noticed some disadvantages of this accommodation. The hotel has all the potential of being a splendid and beautiful resort, though, due to lack of maintenance and perhaps lack of interest, it really doesn’t look as good as it could. Our room was spacious, as was the bathroom and we had a hot tub on our balcony! The latter didn’t work. Also, the internet was extremely unstable and actually most of the time not working. The aircon in the room had 2 settings: hurricane & tornado. Also, the noise that the aircon produced made it impossible to even think of sleeping. When we entered the room after it had been “cleaned”, the window was always open. Only when we left a note in which we kindly asked to close the window, this didn’t happen anymore. Also our sheets were constantly upside down. Why?? Only a small issue, but it shows a lack of professionalism. The thing that really surprised and annoyed us was the fact that every single move you made in the hotel that would have cost, we had to pay in cash immediately. Nothing could be put on the final bill. So you had to carry your wallet around all the time, which is very inconvenient. Drinks, food, taxi , etc. We wanted to rent scooters and asked for information about this at the reception. We were told they have a deal with this woman whom they regularly work with, though, we would have to give our passport. As we had read all about scams and issues with people giving away their passports, we wanted to avoid this. But they wouldn’t take “no” for an answer. Fortunately the lady that rented us the scooters was really nice and we got the passport back without any issues or scams. Although the personnel at the front desk was helpful and to the point, they generally lacked the hospitality that is expected in a 4* resort. No feeling of being welcome (no welcome drink or any words of welcome), -no, we were supposed to feel grateful to may stay at their resort. Except for Rico who worked at reception and was very nice and helpful! Also, personnel at the pool / restaurant gave you more of a feeling of you being watched by prison guards, rather than they being of service to you. More than often they were preoccupied when you wanted to order and over intensely focused while you were eating your sandwich. It was very common that you would have to get up several times in order for you to be able to really consume something, as the personnel were clumsy in their communication, and not proactive. Also, why on earth they put dark brown cushions on the sunbeds? They heat up like crazy, which makes it impossible to lie on them. The beach towels you couldn’t get in your room but you had to sign for them in the restaurant (obviously, when there wasn’t a pen to sign, it was not their fault). Though, the food and drinks that we consumed were of good quality. At the end of the day, we made our stay as pleasant as possible by going out of the hotel, most of the time. We would not book here again as this hotel does not have the quality of 4* as they pretend to have. We did not feel welcome and we felt that we were being watched which we disliked. On the plus side: Great pool, food was always tasty and well prepared and a beautiful location on Haad Salad beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Salad Buri Resort & Spa is set on the unspoiled and secluded beach of Haad Salad, once known as the ancient pirates hide out of the north west of Koh Phangan, Suratthani, Thailand. Where Southern mixes Northern, Salad Buri Resort & Spa is offering both surrounding mountain cliff and panoramic sea view vista.Our Accommodations are decorated in rich beautiful teakwood accents, spacious living quarters and excellent sea view verandas. All rooms featuring king size beds with limited twin beds, balcony or terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Salad Buri Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Salad Buri Hotel Koh Phangan
- Salad Buri Resort And Spa