“WOW!!! THE MOST BEAUTIFUL RESORT AT THE BEST BAY!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Seaflower Bungalows
Ao Chaophao, Ko Phangan, Thailand   |
Ranked #3 of 107 Ko Phangan B&B and Inns
Cologne, Germany
“WOW!!! THE MOST BEAUTIFUL RESORT AT THE BEST BAY!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

the seaflower bungalows are simply gorgeous. the whole resort is just wonderful, very clean, neat, stylish and at the same time absolutely integrated into nature. the bay is just a few steps away and you will find the most amazing beach with clear, blue water and a great great sandy beach with coconut tree palms and a cute litte bar called heaven.
you will feel like in heaven here!
we travelled all of koh phangan and we were glad to have booked the seaflower bungalows as this resort was definitely the most beautiful one for so little money.
you will love it, too!

Room Tip: bungalow 20 right at the beach is the most amazing one. we stayed at bungalow 14 which was also gr...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

148 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Whangarei, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stayed at seaflower for 4 nights with 2 very young children. Lise was really friendly and the property was absolutely beautiful and very relaxing. Lovely little beach bar where we enjoyed watching the sunset and having our dinner and the kids loved the calm shallow waters of the beach. Would definitely return.

Room Tip: Our group stayed in 3 different types of rooms and all were good
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Ko Phangan, Surat Thani, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Although the bungalows are superb, clean and skillfuly decorated, I actually never stayed in one (well above my budget) but I did spend uncountable hours in the "Heaven Bar".
Friendly, relaxed andprobablt the most chilled out bar/restaurant north of Tongsala. You can order food from the restaurant and they will bring it to you to the beach if you like. They do make BBQ'sonthe beach too but Ithink you'll need to order before 10pm.The music is pretty good too (not the usual PhanganTechno [--]).
Sadly the last time I went, the alwa ys smilling Mr Ali was not there anymore. A big loss to the atmosphere but Liz and the always happy Mr Chai make all they can to make you feel like home in paradise. Not only tourists meet at their beach bar but local Thai people too. If you're lucky, Mr Chai and his friends play traditional thai music on some old Thai instruments.
Definately NOT to be missed!!! Every so often they take their boat and guests sea trecking. Quite expensive but definately good value and good fun for the money you pay

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Prince Rupert, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I wont repeat the same things already said about Seaflower, excellent, chilled, friendly, relaxed, etc, so here are my take on things.
Previous reviews say it all, except for the few negative ones, not sure what happened or what they expected. I can say for sure that Chai and Lise are as good as it gets as far as owners go. If either one got fiesty with a guest, well, I have known them both for decades, and one would reallly have to try very hard to get either one of them to be rude or dismissive to anyone, especially a guest. Personally, I have not met anyone who didn't enjoy Seaflower, and I'm there a lot so I meet most everyone who shows up during my six months stays.
If you want five star, there are other places for up to thousands of dollars a night, but don't expect the Seaflower atmosphere and personal touch Chai, Lise and the staff provide, or the best bbq potatoes and fish on the planet.
I'll be there again in this year, along with a dozen other 'returnees' who do the same thing every winter. Maybe see you there.
I was dragged to Seaflower in 1990 by my friends G & L who discovered it the year before. Then, it was like Gilligans island, hard to get to, not much there, six bungalows and a small lean to kitchen in the same place as it is now, no garden and a big gully behind the kitchen. Fishing vilages were on both sides of the beach instead of a hundred other bungalows. Generated 'electric' for a few hours at night, no wi fi, no roads, no 7-11, no Heaven Bar etc.
Well, nineteen (i think) visits later I still go to Seaflower, although I now rent a house nearby because I retired and stay for six months each year, and because it's more economical in the long run. I still go to Heaven Bar most every sunset.

Room Tip: Newest bungalows are the best from my perspective, but I'm older now, a couple decades ago, anyt...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I just got back from spending almost a month at Seaflower. It was truly a little slice of paradise. The accomodations are lovely....lush gardens and beautiful coconut palms surround the bungalows. Lise and Chai are the wonderful owners of this place and they bring such personality and charm to the place. The food is fantastic. Every meal was delicious! This was my third visit to Seaflower. I had not been there for 18 years and the changes on the island were surprising. Seaflower has been ungraded and improved in many ways, yet the original charm remains. You have to experience the daily ritual of walking down to the bar around 6:00 p.m. to watch the sunset, interact with other guests and enjoy a cocktail or your dinner on the beach. From my interactions with other guests it was clear that people return year after year because of the beauty and the service in this little slice of paradise.
Daryl from Winnipeg, Canada

Room Tip: Book ahead if you want an air conditioned bungalow.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We booked a fan room at Seaflower off the back of many fantastic reviews but honestly we didn't see the appeal.
The beach was lovely and the room was one of the nicest we have stayed in (wooden bungalow with balcony and hammock, surrounded by trees and flowering plants, direct acess to the beach) but there were too many niggles that really let the place down.
The bed was rock hard and you could feel the springs through it and the fan had no effect whatsoever, the room was stiflingly hot. The food was pretty poor at dinner and breakfast and the attitide of the owner was a little odd, not rude but just a little offputting. She obviously enjoyed chatting to guests but whenever we asked a question or for advice we got short, curt answers that left us wondering if we'd offended her. The area was just a little to quiet for us and we ended up moving to Haad Yao after the initial 2 days we had booked.
All this being said, the resort was lovely and if you are looking for a relaxing place to stay this could be perfect.

Room Tip: You will definately need AC!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Breda, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We have been here for 2 weeks, the best place to be, friendly staff, Lise and Chai, the owners, are great, excellent. We have moved to 4 bungalows, the best is number 2 or 19, 1 and 20 are for family, directly at the beach.
The BBQ you have to try, the best I have ever had.
I have been to Thailand many times, but this was the most beautiful place I have ever seen, we are sure that we go there next year.
Lise, Chai and the great staff, thanks for a splendid, beautiful, excellent holiday.
Hope to see you next year
Karin en Wim from Holland

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Seaflower Bungalows? Share your experiences!