“Great place and they really helped me out” 5 of 5 stars

Rung Arun Resort
Ban Tai Beach, Ko Phangan, Thailand   |
Ranked #27 of 117 Ko Phangan B&B and Inns
Barrie, Canada
“Great place and they really helped me out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I stayed at Rung Arun a few months ago and loved it. It was one of those places that I say to myself "I'll take the time to give them a great review when I get home", and then I get lazy and never do. But this time I am because they really helped me out.
After months of travel I realized I left a memory card with many weeks of pics somewhere. I emailed Rung Arun and they got back to me saying they had found a card. They have now mailed it back to Canada, and have not charged me a penny, even though I've tried to pay for their troubles and mailing costs.
The other reviews will tell you why to stay here (great beach, amazing people, good food), so I'll leave mine at that.. they are genuinely great people that will go the extra mile, even after you've stayed there.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Jordka

Shenzhen, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Stayed here for 7 nights in Koh Phangon, for the Full Moon party. We booked online as we were worried about availability of things for the full moon. The resort was empty for the first few days though until the full moon party. The resort is quiet and relaxing... Very clean and has a great spot on the beach. The couple who run Rung Arun are very nice, and extremely helpful.
If you are looking for somewhere a bit more lively the resort next along on the beach is very lively, and does an amazing BBQ in th evenings. Having said that you can't hear the loud music from Rung Arun - which is good if you like your sleep! There are lots of cats and dogs on this resort, but they are very freindly!
I would come back here again, despite it being a little too far away from Had Rin or any shops... This is fine of you hire a motor bike, but if not, then expect to pay 50-100 baht to get into Thong Sala.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

My fiancée and I originally planned to only stay a few nights at the Rung Arun to use the resort as a relaxing base for before and after the full moon party. However, we fell in love with the Rung Arun from the first moment we arrived and ended up staying a total of nine nights. The resort is owned and run by a very friendly Thai couple and a handful of staff, giving the place a relaxed family feel that we just never wanted to leave. The bungalows are superb value for money, with air-conditioning, a fridge, safety-deposit box, and bath/shower and the whole resort is spotlessly clean. The actual location of the resort is on the edge of Ban Tai so the local area is fairly quiet, but the livelier Thong Sala and Haad Rin are only a short cab ride away. Apart from resort restaurant (which does excellent food) there is also a slightly livelier beach bar & restaurant next door which does a very good BBQ every night on the beach. Cannot recommend this resort enough & we would love to go back!

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Headradiomice
mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

we went there during first week of september. Since it was the low season, the entire property had only 2 sets of people. First of all the property is located along the nice Ban-Tai stretch and faces the beach. There is a nice pool and wonderfully decorated restaurent. Place is populated by lazy cats and friendly dogs. Since we were vegetarians, the landlady cooked us a delicious vegetarian meal. They were immensely friendly . Next day, we got taxi rides at fair prices, amazing breakfast, and advice on where to head on the island.
This place is near perfect on the wonderful pictueresque island. Prices are dirt cheap, rooms have everything conceivable (AC, hot water), excellent settings (Beach facing, swimming pool) and to top it all - outstanding set of people as owners (cook excellent meals and terribly honest).

I still have excellent memories of this place and would surely come again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank humphreyappleby
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

we went there during first week of september. Since it was the low season, the entire property had only 2 sets of people. First of all the property is located along the nice Ban-Tai stretch and faces the beach. There is a nice pool and wonderfully decorated restaurent. Place is populated by lazy cats and friendly dogs. Since we were vegetarians, the owner cooked us a great vegetarian meal. They were immensely friendly . Next day, we got taxi rides at fair prices, amazing breakfast, and advice on where to head on the island.

I still have excellent memories of this place and would surely come again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nursultan_tuyakbay
Lauffen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

We have been at the Rungarun Bungalows a couple of times in the last 4 years!! It is the best value you can get on the island. There is a nice and clean pool, beautiful bungalows, nice beach and also a beautiful garden. The owners Pan and Kit are very nice and they always care about you.

Enjoy your stay there! Gabi and Gunter

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Bolton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2011

I stayed here with my partner and a few friends to attend the full moon party.

We picked this location as a few of my friends were actually travelling for the year and needed to keep the costs down, I can't remember how much it was per night exactly but it was very cheap.

The hotel grounds are absolutely stunning and slap bang next to the beach.The pool area was always spotless and very very pretty. The staff we're lovely and the owner couldn't do enough for us, we often had a snack at the hotel and never had a complaint. The hotel rooms were kept immaculate, they are very basic but still very quaint.

The Island itself is very quiet unless you go in the few days around the time of the Full moon party, we only stayed for a few days to relax once we were partyed out :-)

If you're attanding the full moon party, this is the perfect place to stay, we had no trouble getting a taxi there and back.

I'd also recommend this hotel for people of all ages just wanting to relax (when the full moon party isn't on), although as this hotel isn't in the same area of Ko Phangan as the Full Moon it was lovely and peaceful.

Oh and if you're planning a night in, get some drinks and snacks from the hotel down the road, the hotel didn't stock a great deal, although whenever we asked for anything the lovely owner would rush to the shops and get it.

I can highly recommend the Fishermans restaurant down the road, the food was simply gorgeous and so so inexpensive, the setting is out of this world and the staff were great.

Shopping in Ko Phangan is a must, I picked up about 5 dresses for approx £5 - £8 each

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple