We have recently returned from a 7 night stay at the Anantara Rasananda. I have to say that the hotel and it's setting are absolutely beautiful.
The Anantara's facility at Ko Samui where we awaited the speed boat for the journey across to Koh Pagnan is just the beginning of the "special" treatment that you receive. The feeling as you approach the beach to be greeted by the welcoming staff is something that I have never previously experienced, what makes things even better is that the same level of treatment and service from the staff continues throughout your stay.
We stayed in a Garden Pool Suite which was absolute stunning but it would appear that this is the case whichever type of accommodation is chosen in this resort.
The second night of our stay was my wife's birthday and the staff went out of their way to ensure that this was a memorable night. I'd also like to say a big thank you to the individuals who were able to arrange a beautiful bouquet of orchids at short notice.
The other highlight for us was the spa which is unique in terms of the surroundings and experience. Treat yourself, you won't regret it.
The hotel doesn't sit in the midst of a "busy" resort but the small village offers a variety of restaurants which offer alternative drinking and dining. I'd particularly recommend the beach club which is just along from the hotel for early evening cocktails and "Luna" for dining.
With regard to the hotel, I only have a couple of small complaints :-
1) Dining is quite an expensive experience, not helped by the fact that the advertised prices are then subject to an additional 10% service charge +7.5% VAT.
2) The evening atmosphere in the dining/drinking area was quite subdued. This wasn't helped by the fact that the musical entertainment finished at 9pm (since we returned and gave our feedback to the hotel, we have been informed that this has now been extended to 10pm).
All in all, we really enjoyed our stay at the Anantara Rasananda and hope that one day we'll return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked discreetly at the base of a lush mountain, amongst towering coconut palms and just steps from the powdery sands of Thong Nai Pan Noi beach, 64 private pool suites and villas in seven distinctive layouts face the turquoise sea. Comprising indoor and outdoor living spaces ranging from 100 to 250 square metres, each sanctuary reflects its own charming character. In natural harmony with the exotic surrounds, wood and stone features provide a striking backdrop to rich hand woven silks. Luxury comforts inside range from a “blissful dreams” mattress adorned with 500 thread count linens, to a 32 inch flat screen TV with home theatre entertainment, and outside to an indulgent private plunge pool.Guests keep in touch with complimentary WiFi throughout the resort, accompanied by an extensive library with PCs alongside international magazines and newspapers ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Hotel Koh Phangan
- Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Resort And Spa
- Rasananda Hotel Ko Phangan
- Rasananda Resort Ko Phangan