I am not the type of person to read hotel reviews on forums, never mind write them but I have felt compelled to put this review together given the sheer brilliance of the experience my wife and I have had on our Honeymoon recently.
We stayed at three very different hotels in Thailand and Singapore, but The Anantara Rasananda stood out for so many reasons:
The hotel itself is small, intimate and extremely well positioned in the Koh Phangan vegetation to give you the feeling that you are in the top of the jungle canopy in the middle of nowhere.
The rooms are large, modern and each has it own private pool which we didn't use too much, given we were so close to the beach, but was nice to have.
The service was EXCEPTIONAL from the point we arrived to the point we were waved off by all the staff from the beach on our speedboat trip over to Koh Samui.
Even the music policy was spot on with contemporary bands and dj's playing classy soulful house on the beach at night.
The only slight downside was that the food and beverage menu was expensive for Thailand, but there are a number of other restaurants nearby if you want a more reasonable meal.
I would highly recommend going for a honeymoon, anniversary or relaxing break to this hotel. If you are going to Koh Phangan for the full moon party, this hotel may not be for you (even though they do offer a speed boat trip straight to the full moon party from the hotel!)
I only wish we had also stayed at the one of the Anantara Hotels on Koh Samui also, as the one we went to was not a patch on The Rasananda!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked discreetly at the base of a lush mountain, amongst towering coconut palms and just steps from the powdery sands of Thong Nai Pan Noi beach, 64 private pool suites and villas in seven distinctive layouts face the turquoise sea. Comprising indoor and outdoor living spaces ranging from 100 to 250 square metres, each sanctuary reflects its own charming character. In natural harmony with the exotic surrounds, wood and stone features provide a striking backdrop to rich hand woven silks. Luxury comforts inside range from a “blissful dreams” mattress adorned with 500 thread count linens, to a 32 inch flat screen TV with home theatre entertainment, and outside to an indulgent private plunge pool.Guests keep in touch with complimentary WiFi throughout the resort, accompanied by an extensive library with PCs alongside international magazines and newspapers ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Odigeo, Splendia, Ctrip TA, Minor Hotel Group Limited, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Jetsetter so you can book your Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Hotel Koh Phangan
- Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Resort And Spa
- Rasananda Hotel Ko Phangan
- Rasananda Resort Ko Phangan