I have spent 5 nights in May in Anantara with my boyfriend and it was probably the most relaxing holiday I had in some time.
The setting of the hotel is really amazing, with lush gardens, great beach, cute library. Our villa was beautiful with very comfortable bed, spacious bathroom and nice setting in the garden.
We chose to arrive by public ferry and then were picked up by the staff - as much as the speed boat arrival has its charm it also had its disadvantages in my eyes: you arrive with more people at once, so there are more of you checking in and most importantly - you do not experience how remote is the beach thanks to traveling through the jungle there..
The service is good, but you shouldn't expect European level of service in a 5 star hotel. We had some trouble with our apple tv in the room, and only after the (very helpful and nice!) operations manager heard about it, they managed to solve the problem (but then immediately). Don't get me wrong - the staff is very willing and kind, but there is definitely some room for improvement on following up on guest requests etc.
We had a few dinners in the hotel (sea food buffet, thai dinner, surf&turf) and it is definitely a pleasure to dine on the beach, however you need to remember its also quite expensive. An alternative are the restaurants in the village - i can recommend burgers in Handsome Sandwiches, dinners in Luna,... there are enough options for everyone!
We also had a spa treatment - its really worth trying it out, as the spa itself is so beautiful and employees competent.
Dont forget to try the Passion Sling drink in the pool bar, we had it almost every day :).
To sum up, I would definitely go back to Rasanda!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked discreetly at the base of a lush mountain, amongst towering coconut palms and just steps from the powdery sands of Thong Nai Pan Noi beach, 64 private pool suites and villas in seven distinctive layouts face the turquoise sea. Comprising indoor and outdoor living spaces ranging from 100 to 250 square metres, each sanctuary reflects its own charming character. In natural harmony with the exotic surrounds, wood and stone features provide a striking backdrop to rich hand woven silks. Luxury comforts inside range from a “blissful dreams” mattress adorned with 500 thread count linens, to a 32 inch flat screen TV with home theatre entertainment, and outside to an indulgent private plunge pool.Guests keep in touch with complimentary WiFi throughout the resort, accompanied by an extensive library with PCs alongside international magazines and newspapers ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Minor Hotel Group Limited, Odigeo, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Jetsetter so you can book your Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Hotel Koh Phangan
- Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Resort And Spa
- Rasananda Hotel Ko Phangan
- Rasananda Resort Ko Phangan