I was concerned before my arrival at reading some less than positive reviews. I cannot understand how anyone could give this resort less than 5. It is fantastic.
If you want to shop or rage do not come here but if you want peace and relaxation - it is wonderful.
We stayed in a beach front villa but any of the beach front rooms would be nice, better to be on the ground floor and have direct access to the beach but even upstairs with fantastic views would be great. I personally would not like to be in the pool suite nor garden villa. They do offer a great deal of privacy but seem a bit confined for my liking.
The resort is beautifully maintained anyone who travels in tropical countries knows the damage that can be done in a short amount of time to hardware but the rooms and common areas are all fantastic.
The beds are extremely comfortable (not always the case in Thailand.)
The beach is beautiful with lovely sand and clear water - although tides around the island were very low we only had to walk out about 50m to swim.
The staff are also some of the best we have encountered. I cannot praise them highly enough. Nothing was any trouble, all spoke great English and were genuinely friendly.
We went for a tour around the island with Sam (well worth doing it is a lovely island), I used the spa once which was lovely.
The village - and it is only a village- has some great places to eat. We only ate at the hotel one night and tried a different local restaurant on the other nights.
We had a lunch a couple of times at the hotel. Make sure you try the green papaya salad with soft shell crab - ask for it spicy though.
Breakfast was great - make sure to try the yoghurt and fruit purees. One thing is don't bother with poached eggs (sorry Don).
I cannot believe people trying to compare the price of food in the village with those at the resort. Any resort will be dearer than local prices. I thought the resort prices were very fair.
This place truly offers excellent value on the quality/price scale.
I cant wait to return.
A couple of other points
1. Sun lounges were very comfortable but are often brought up high on the beach which in our location made them on quite and angle. We preferred to use of daybed on our deck anyway.
2. Dogs - although I am a dog lover I ignored the dogs and they ignored me, even the one that decided to sleep on our deck. Generally they looked in pretty good condition.
The only negative comment I have is that water should be provided with all meals. I did not like having to pay for imported water to drink with meals. Also on the beach and around the pool water should be provided as it is in every other hotel we have stayed at in Thailand. Fruit is nice but giving and topping up cold water would be much better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked discreetly at the base of a lush mountain, amongst towering coconut palms and just steps from the powdery sands of Thong Nai Pan Noi beach, 64 private pool suites and villas in seven distinctive layouts face the turquoise sea. Comprising indoor and outdoor living spaces ranging from 100 to 250 square metres, each sanctuary reflects its own charming character. In natural harmony with the exotic surrounds, wood and stone features provide a striking backdrop to rich hand woven silks. Luxury comforts inside range from a “blissful dreams” mattress adorned with 500 thread count linens, to a 32 inch flat screen TV with home theatre entertainment, and outside to an indulgent private plunge pool.Guests keep in touch with complimentary WiFi throughout the resort, accompanied by an extensive library with PCs alongside international magazines and newspapers ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Splendia, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Hotel Koh Phangan
- Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Resort And Spa
- Rasananda Hotel Ko Phangan
- Rasananda Resort Ko Phangan