Myself and my partner stayed here in April 2012 on our honeymoon. In a quest for what would be our perfect destination I did a lot of research...and found myself here!
Firstly I would say we got an amazing rate through Expedia which when I looked the week before was double the price! But it made this hotel extremely good value for money. However, If I'd have paid full price I would have still been happy.
We are quite demanding travellers, we like a little bit of luxury, but hate pretentiousness or the kind of clinical hotels where you feel uncomfortable and we like a good atmosphere. We also like to feel secluded but have things close by...so yes very demanding! But the Anantara had it all.
We paid for the standard pool villa and on check in we were offered an upgrade but the rate was very pricey and to be honest when we went to look at the upgrades they weren't much better than the standard! The rooms are beautiful, spacious and the small plunge pools are fab, though we did have a tree right above ours so it filled up with leaves quite quickly, but all part of the experience! The balconies are great too, perfect to enjoy an early evening drink from the free spirit bar!
Breakfast was fantastic with a great choice every day, aside from that we never ate in the hotel. It was just too expensive when compared with the other restaurants in thong nai pan, especially places like Luna and better than sex who serve up top standard food.
The pool and pool bar are amazing, the beach is also gorgeous and has such a lovely atmosphere, no one hassling you, apart from the odd dog, but they are friendly enough. We met a girl who was terrified of dogs and as the beach and street dogs roam completely free if you are scared of dogs this isn't the place for you!
The village of thong nai pan is amazing, lots of little restaurants and bars, all bamboo structures, serving up fantastic Thai dishes, two treehouse bars and a couple of slightly more formal restaurants should you want it. There is also a 7/11 which sells most things. I would also say that the clientele that the resort attracts is perfect, very laid back travellers, and everyone just seemed to be lovely, which can't be said for a lot of places in Thailand. And we must mention the pancake man who a few other people have mentioned! He's pancakes are great especially with peanut butter! And he is a lovely guy too.
We hired a scooter one day but due to rain the day before we didn't get very far, once you go over the hill from thong nai pan the concrete road stops and becomes a dirt track and if it has rained its generally quite dangerous. We did go round to the other thong nai pan village, the beach is nice but the village isn't as quaint as the other one.
We did a day trip to Koh nangyuan which was fantastic, if you go definitely walk up to the view point. Only thing with the day trip was it was very crowded and lots of travelling, but worth it.
We also went up to Haad rin for the night before full moon party. We met a few other couples and jumped on a long tail boat, it cost about 30£ between six and was a great experience. Then when we wanted to leave we just found a boat to take us back, much better than getting a taxi!
I could go on for ever...but I will say this, everyone wants something different from their honeymoon. Personally we didn't like the idea of going to the Maldives or somewhere similar, we wanted to go somewhere with character! The Anantara delivered for us, but at the same time if you want paradise and to feel totally secluded this is a fantastic hotel and village!! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend and hope that one day I can go back myself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked discreetly at the base of a lush mountain, amongst towering coconut palms and just steps from the powdery sands of Thong Nai Pan Noi beach, 64 private pool suites and villas in seven distinctive layouts face the turquoise sea. Comprising indoor and outdoor living spaces ranging from 100 to 250 square metres, each sanctuary reflects its own charming character. In natural harmony with the exotic surrounds, wood and stone features provide a striking backdrop to rich hand woven silks. Luxury comforts inside range from a “blissful dreams” mattress adorned with 500 thread count linens, to a 32 inch flat screen TV with home theatre entertainment, and outside to an indulgent private plunge pool.Guests keep in touch with complimentary WiFi throughout the resort, accompanied by an extensive library with PCs alongside international magazines and newspapers ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Splendia, Orbitz, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Hotel Koh Phangan
- Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Resort And Spa
- Rasananda Hotel Ko Phangan
- Rasananda Resort Ko Phangan