We arrived at the Anantara Rasananda in Koh Phangan using their speedboat service and was welcomed by the hotel's staff and manager which were very welcoming and extremely nice.
We were then quickly shown to our Ocean Pool Suite room on the 2nd floor.
A few remarks on the room:
- The room is nice but not really spacious. According to the hotel's website the size of this type of room should be 100 sqm. well - there is no way that this is true. We just came from the Hansar Samui seaview XL room which was only 70 sqm and it was larger then this room.
- The room's pool on the balcony is practicaly unusable since the water are too cold. We read a few tips regarding this fact so we upgraded to the ocean facing suite but it didn't really matter. So we didn't get in the pool even once. (The ocean water were much warmer and nice)
- Although the room was well cleaned the cleaning staff didn't replace some of the materials in the shower (cotton wool and tissue paper) during our entire stay (5 nights).
The location of the hotel is perfect - the beach is amazing and the water are just like a warm bath. The view from the beach is also quite breath-taking and the sand (although a bit grained) is white and comfy.
A returning complaint about this hotel seems to be one of its greats caveats - the prices of everything suggested by the hotel - from the pickup service to the prices of the food and beverages in the hotel. I don't really get it - why try and squeeze your guests into paying these astronomical prices ? Do you rely on the fact that the hotel is isloated enough to charge any price you want ? or you just assume that if someone booked a room in the hotel he has enough many to splurge even when he can get the same thing for almost 1/5 the price outside the hotel. This is one of the things that this hotel should really re-think since it makes you feel like the hotel is either trying to exploit you or just think you're stupid.
Beside all of that, I still think this Hotel is good - but mainly due to its location and warm stuff, not for its facilities or price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked discreetly at the base of a lush mountain, amongst towering coconut palms and just steps from the powdery sands of Thong Nai Pan Noi beach, 64 private pool suites and villas in seven distinctive layouts face the turquoise sea. Comprising indoor and outdoor living spaces ranging from 100 to 250 square metres, each sanctuary reflects its own charming character. In natural harmony with the exotic surrounds, wood and stone features provide a striking backdrop to rich hand woven silks. Luxury comforts inside range from a “blissful dreams” mattress adorned with 500 thread count linens, to a 32 inch flat screen TV with home theatre entertainment, and outside to an indulgent private plunge pool.Guests keep in touch with complimentary WiFi throughout the resort, accompanied by an extensive library with PCs alongside international magazines and newspapers ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Hotel Koh Phangan
- Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Resort And Spa
- Rasananda Hotel Ko Phangan
- Rasananda Resort Ko Phangan