We stayed at the Rasananda in Oct 2011 for one week in a lagoon pool villa. We were picked up from our other hotel in Bophut, Koh Samui by the Rasananda driver and taken to the speed boat departure lounge in Bophut. Here we were met by very friendly staff who checked us in. We were offered a range of drinks whilst we waited and then we took the shared speed boat to Phangan island.The speed boat left at 11:30 and the crossing took around 40 mins. The scenery was amazing and we were again offered drinks on the boat. The general manager Mark was on the boat after returning from a business trip, he introduced himself to everyone and chatted to us all. This gave a lovely first impression he was very friendly and relaxed which, we discovered, is how the whole resort feels. We were greeted on the beach by Alex the assistant GM and the reception staff, WOW! We were offered some juice and cold towels and then we were personally escorted to our villa. I travel a lot for work and stay regularly in 5 star properties but you instantly recognise the Rasananda has something very special about it. We walked along decking over Koi pools to our gate door and walked onto a very spacious decking area were the private pool was. The pool was actually bigger than i thought at about 15ft by 6ft (ish) and also had a stylish outdoor covered day bed with a ceiling fan above and lighting. The pool also had a jacuzzi feature with it. The rooms were very well appointed,spacious with a gorgeous decor and a beautiful, very comfortable bed. The room had an apple TV system which offered a large selection of films, music, tv programs, all for you to use at your convienience. There was complimentary vodka, gin and whiskey in your room and this was replenished daily. However the bottles were big and the amounts were small but it didnt matter so much as there was no charge for it. Bathrooms were light and airy with a contemporary feel with a huge rain shower, seperate toilet area and double sink with very nice bathroom amenities. All of the staff are amazing, so friendly and above all genuine. Everyone always acknowledges you but it is very understated and natural, not over kill or in your face, which is how we like it! . For some reason we did not eat at the hotel at night but every night there is a different food theme and houskeeping leave the details of it in your room the night before. Head chef Tony is lovely and if breakfast was anything to go by then his and the teams dinner creations will be fabulous. Breakfast was very good quality offering basically anything you could want at breakfast and more and i know if it wasn't there chef Tony would have got it there! The only very minor glitch was the restaurant staff could sometimes seem a little disorganised and you could occasionally be left waiting some time for service items. I do have to point out though that the property had recently been taken over by Anantara so staff from other resorts were helping out during the transition so i can undertand that it might not have been easy not working in their usual environment and am quite confident these teething problems will have remedied themselves by now. If you like to go out and about there is a little village to walk into with a good selection of restaurants and a few bars. Luna restaurant is very good and just about 10 mins walk from the hotel. A little family run shop with a side bar and restaurant are great for grabbing a bit of lunch and a beer. Called Jip shop and on the main street, it has a big menu selection and very reasonably priced. As with most Thai villages there was a lot of places to choose from for a massage or treatment. One place that did stand out was a place just a few steps from the hotel called "Tanaporn massage house" it is run by a husband and wife team who were so nice and welcoming and they have the biggest selection of treatments than any other place and everything was very authentic and professional, well worth a visit! The hotel has an amazing tranquil Spa offering wonderful treatments and they offer early bird discounts and packages. The pools are not huge but are perfectly sized for the property and the beach is beautiful, sunbeds were plentiful on the beach and made up for you. There were only 6 sunbeds around the pool but getting one never seemed to be a problem. One annoying aspect was people staying at some of the bungalows along the beach used the pool area and lobby as a cut through from the town to the beach. I felt like they were invading my beautiful space!!! On the whole, the holiday and this resort was perfect and we were genuinely sad to leave. We were made to feel so welcome by all the staff. I had a birthday whilst there and chatting to chef Tony I let it slip. On my birthday the restaurant staff brought out a gorgeous cake that had been made for me (thank you Tony) and they sang "happy birthday" to me. It was such a lovely surprise. When I got back to the room, the houskeeping staff had made a stunning birthday message on the bed in a mix of rose petals and other flowers and left me a card signed by the hotel staff. We love the Rasanada and cannot wait to go back soon, everything about the property was perfect, the staff and the whole ambience of the place really do make you feel it's your home from home!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked discreetly at the base of a lush mountain, amongst towering coconut palms and just steps from the powdery sands of Thong Nai Pan Noi beach, 64 private pool suites and villas in seven distinctive layouts face the turquoise sea. Comprising indoor and outdoor living spaces ranging from 100 to 250 square metres, each sanctuary reflects its own charming character. In natural harmony with the exotic surrounds, wood and stone features provide a striking backdrop to rich hand woven silks. Luxury comforts inside range from a “blissful dreams” mattress adorned with 500 thread count linens, to a 32 inch flat screen TV with home theatre entertainment, and outside to an indulgent private plunge pool.Guests keep in touch with complimentary WiFi throughout the resort, accompanied by an extensive library with PCs alongside international magazines and newspapers ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, EasyToBook, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Hotel Koh Phangan
- Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Resort And Spa
- Rasananda Hotel Ko Phangan
- Rasananda Resort Ko Phangan