“Perfect getaway in quite nice and natural area” 5 of 5 stars

Sabai Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   56/1 Moo 4 Ko, Ko Phangan 84280 , Thailand   |
Ranked #7 of 90 Hotels in Ko Phangan
Berlin, Germany
“Perfect getaway in quite nice and natural area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Almost everything was said in the last ratings, here is a short summary of our stay.

Positive:
+ super nice clean area and rooms
+ direkt beach and sea access with some cozy trees in front (please don't remove them :))
+ good food and friendly staff :)
+ excellent value for money
+ excellent wifi

Negative:
- shallow water during low tide -> take a scooter and ride the west coast (10 minutes ride to e.g. Koh Ma, Had Salad beach)
- snorkeling direct on the beach very hard and a lot of small sharp rocks -> go to Koh Ma also.
- Provided pillows were very hard and heavy, but not a big issue for us

Hope to be here again!

Anna & Thomas

Room Tip: Take the beach front deluxe which has the beach and sea 5 meters away from the balcony
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Hebrew first
Ko Tao, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights over the full moon period. It is a great resort and a very relaxing quiet place. The rooms are very clean and we did not encounter much wildlife or insects, good air conditioning and shower also great wi-fi.The sea is right on your door step although not that great for swimming in as very shallow most of the time. The beach and resort grounds are cleaned daily by the friendly staff! Short taxi ride to thong sala for shops and bars and a bit of a longer one to haad rin. All in all we really enjoyed are stay here at sabai beach resort

• Stayed May 2014
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

first of all I really wanted to give this place 5, the rooms were excellent value for money and in a remarkably beautiful area. the staff were excellent and the food was pretty good and excellent value. however, the sea in front of the resort is extremely shallow, meaning you can't swim, when this is combined with a lack of pool it does put a bit of a downer on the resort when you want to cool off.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I stayed at Sabai Beach Resort the entire month of April, ( April 1st to April 30th), in the beach bungalow. Very clean, good restaurant, and nice staff.

Pros:
-Clean room and resort grounds.
-fresh Air conditioning.
-Scooter rentals (VERY trust worthy)
---Someone had ran into me from behind on Songkran. Thankfully nothing was broken on the scooter, they checked. And that was that. I traded the scooter in for a different one the next day, and that went smoothly as well.
-Delicious Apple shake (the fruit is just blended with ice I think)! I think they use green apple...so very good. The best I had on the island (no other place used green apple I think).
-Complimentary breakfast every morning. (I think it was for my length of stay, I did not expect it. (they told me about it when I arrived).
-Free wifi (though in the rooms, it would drop off sometimes at night).
-Great room service (I didn't want to be a bother, so I only requested once a week).

Cons:
-Mosquitos; wish there was some kind of warding agent in the room and especially in the restaurant area.
-Beach not for good swimming. Best conditions are at high tide though.
-No dirt bike rental (would have been useful for a couple of the offroads on the island. DEFINITELY for getting to Haad Yao East).
-No swimming pool; it would be even better if they had a pool I think. But they would have to sacrifice the grass garden for it...

For the service, friendly staff and owners, and price (the rate I got for my extended stay anyway), it deserves the 5 stars. If at full price though, I would have probably put 4 Stars.

Things that do not belong in Pro or Con:

-There is dog that likes to hang around the resort. Once he got to know me (and I snuck some bacon to him a few times), he got a bit too comfortable at times perhaps. But he's a good, sweet, dog; be nice to him. He loves people.

-In my month, I would see a jumping spider in my bungalow every once in a while. I actually got used to them, they left me alone. But only one big spider (still don't know what it was, definitely not a tarantula) was in my bathroom. A staff helped me shoo him out the bungalow without killing it: I didn't wanna kill it, but didn't want that punk in my room either.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

if your looking for somewhere to kill time waiting for full moon stay here.. cheap prices, rooms are nice and tidy and the beach is quiet.. nothing much to do apart from sunbathe but i thought the place was amazing, stayed here for 5 nights last august and really can't fault the place

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed a 10 night stay here, the beach huts are really nice. Really quiet beach yes the water is shallow like other reviews say and there is quite a bit of seaweed washed up. The staff keep the beach clean by sweeping everyday. The resort is run by a family who are very nice and helpful. The food is fantastic ignore the bad reviews about this as we couldn't fault the taste of the food and the breakfast was adequate and clean. We also hired a scooter from them which was very reliable and a great price. Highly recommend!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Pleasanton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

We honestly had the best green curry so far in Thailand. Pad Thai excellent and papaya salad also possibly the best since we've been in Thailand. We went looking for a beach on scooters and ended up having one of our favorite meals so far. Service good tho we were the only people when we first sat. Great spot on the beach with excellent food.

• Stayed April 2014