“It's OK. Just OK” 3 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 stars 161 Reviews
London, United Kingdom
“It's OK. Just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I ended up at this resort after falling for a classic bait-and-switch manoeuvre by a fairly aggressive taxi tout. Entirely my own fault. The reception staff didn't endear themselves to me as when I sought to confirm the price they asked the taxi driver in Thai "have you told him a price yet? What did you tell him?", oblivious to the fact that I can speak Thai. Still, I should count myself lucky that I wasn't the single French girl who arrived moments later and was quoted 50% more.

Anyone who has spent time travelling through provincial cities in Thailand could be forgiven for thinking that the interior of the bungalow had been transplanted straight from a 350 baht/night concrete box hotel in the likes of Udon Thani or Phitsanulok. Slightly musty smell; ancient, industrial looking air conditioning unit; 70's style furniture; garish, shiny curtains; and a leaky, flooded bathroom. The mirror at the head of the bed also makes one wonder whether it was designed for the sort of hotel one might check-in to for just an hour or so with a companion.

Despite this, the room was clean and it's right on the beach, albeit separated from the rest of the bars/restaurants/massage places on Khlong Khong beach by a large empty plot so it's about a 5-10 min walk to the action.

The resort's bar and pool looked nice enough and seemed popular, and all of the rest of staff I encountered were friendly. The laundry service was rapid and my clothes smelled delightful when I got them back. I regret not enquiring what washing powder they use.

I rented a motorcycle from there which had certainly seen better days. Consequently I spent much of my day on it wondering how much of the damage I would be accused of causing, but in the end there was no issue.

Overall, there's nothing particuarly wrong with this place and I have stayed in infinitely worse. It's just not really worth the 1000bt I paid and I have no doubt whatsoever that better is available.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Auckland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were going to Ko Lanta from Phi Phi Island with no accommodation booked. On the pier in Phi Phi, we got stopped by a friendly guy who offered us a great deal in Blue Andaman. We have decided to give it a try for one night and see if we like it. We ended up staying for 4 days and loved everything about the resort. The place is very chilled out and i think that there is something for everyone. The resorts's beach is beautiful and to the right it's usually quite empty so we felt like we had the whole place to ourselves. When you walk to the left from the resort on the beach, you will get to few cool bars with fire shows and cool cocktails. The sea is clear and unlike on other beaches in Ko Lanta we didn't get attacked by jellyfish larvas there. The bar is great place to relax and the restaurant has nice food and great view. The staff was friendly. There is a good range of options for accommodation from budget fan bamboo bungalows to beach front bungalows. For what we wanted (clean relaxed beach resort with a pool) this was the cheapest place we found on the island. Great value for the money. You can rent a bike at the reception for 250 Bath per day but only few metres further a guy rents them for 200. We told them and they went down to 200 :-) rent a bike and enjoy.

Room Tip: Depends on your budget. All rooms are clean. Ask the staff to show you available rooms and then pick...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Geneva, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Good hotel if you are backpacking!
Clean towels, nice big bed. We went for an air-con room.
Standard, but one of the nicer ones we have stayed in since travelling South East Asia!

Fantastic laundry service! (Delivered right back on the same day in the early afternoon and smells amazing!)

The restaurant -- run by, all I can say is kids, forgetful and not so up on hospitality. Forgot our order and u was charged 70B for cheese to go on top off chips. I could of got a complete meal for 270B. I just fancied a bit of cheese haha!!!

Only bad point.... I left some Singapore dollars with my jewellery and cosmetics by the mirror. We went out and our room was cleaned for the second time of our trip.
When I came back a 20 of the Singapore dollars was missing. There was only 1- 20 and 1- 5 As there was only 2 notes there together. So the 5 dollar remained!! This is 250B on the conversion.... I know this happens, but then the cheeky buggers left a ' tip box ' in our room for the cleaning of it!!

Overall.... It's a good stay in Ko Lanta. ( we stayed on the island for 2.5 weeks moving around )
Just keep your money hidden

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2014

We stayed in a bungalow for a few nights nearing our end of our 5 weeks in SE Asia. The huts were clean, simple and comfortable, (especially the air conditioned ones) there's a pool, a beach, a bar/restaurant that serves great currys and is a fantastic place to spend the night.
Motorbike rentals are quick, cheap and easy.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Canterbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

Can only comment on bar but have been there many many times, the current manager is very friendly, helpful and the vegetarian food we have had on several occasions is second to none :) Overall a great place to eat, hang out, chill etc.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Hampshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2014

Very chilled out happy place, everyone smiling as always in Thailand. See the man on the ferry handing out leaflets and went with him.
The rooms are good sized and reasonably priced, renting mopeds is not a problem at the front desk, be patient with the food and try the spring rolls and the thai dishes they are to die for!
The soundShack bar is the place to be, right on the beach overlooking the horizon it really is a perfect location, quiet in the day and more up beat at night there is all types of music playing.
The owner of the bar is brilliant, he is friendly and welcoming and gets on with everybody.
Very laid back atmosphere ;)
friendly muslim run hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2014

It has everything you need. Pool, Aircon, Wifi, Bar, Restaurant, Beach you name it! Rooms are a fair size prices are fair as well. Muslim Curry is top notch along with the fire show at the sound shack.

Staff are pretty laid back as well, kind of comes with the atmosphere I guess, but a few have some get up and go to them.

If you're looking for a different restaurant, just to change it up. Try Danny's Restaurant just up the road, he has everything you need as well!

Room Tip: After trying the resort restaurant, take a stroll down the road to Danny's Restaurant! Super goo...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Blue Andaman Lanta Resort? Share your experiences!