“Excellent class! Learned authentic & delicious Thai recipes!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 54 Activities in Ko Lanta
Type: Classes/Workshops, Classes
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent class! Learned authentic & delicious Thai recipes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

The instructor, Pea, was excellent! She first taught me about spices, herbs and also discussed the typical vegetables used in Thai cooking. Pea then taught me how to make a number of dishes.... including a delicious massaman curry and she also helped me to understand what I was doing wrong at home when I tried to (unsuccessfully) make mango with sticky rice. The food was cooked was delicious and I had a great time! I highly recommend taking classes at the Lanta Thai Cookery Schoo!!

San Francisco, California
3 attraction reviews
“You'll actually learn some Thai cooking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Spent the afternoon learning to cook four dishes for lunch. It was money well-spent and I enjoyed every moment of it. You will spend a few hours getting familiar with the Thai herbs and vegetables, cooking, and eating. I don't cook often, so I was surprised when I actually enjoyed eating every one of the dishes that came out of my workstation. Our instructor was extremely kind and fun to learn from. She was very helpful and attentive as well in making sure we were executing her instructions properly. We have since used the recipes we learned and are definitely grateful we had the chance to come to Lanta Thai. I highly recommend spending an afternoon or evening here!

Visited July 2013
“Something different to do with an evening - fab”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Went to the evening class. We had a fab time. The tutor Pea explained all the herbs and spices that are grown in the gardens that surround the cooking. Pea was so informative on all the ingredients and also how Thai people cook in their homes. The food that we cooked was delicious. Thoroughly enjoyable evening.

Visited August 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Great afternoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Since being on Koh Lanta in the "wet" season there has been quite a lot of rain. We decided to do a Thai cooking class. We couldn't be happier with choosing Lanta Thai Cookery School. It was only the 2 of us in the class and Pea was excellent in taking the time and explaining all the Thai herbs and step by step in cooking. We will gladly recommend this to anyone that comes to Lanta!

london
4 attraction reviews
“The chef was an excellent teacher”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Miss Kham phiraphan, was a superb chef that showed me the culinary art of Thai cuisine. All the food is grown organically in the garden and the smell of the garden has a fragrant aroma. I liked Miss Kham pragmatic style, knowledge, skill and understanding that has passed down from generations. I bet some of the michelin star chefs could learn a thing or two about Thai cooking from her. I loved eating the food I cooked up afterwards and it really does amaze me what seems so simple such as spring rolls, requires a great deal of time to prepare a dish which takes seconds to eat. The combination of discovering something new that gives me a greater understanding of Thai culture and eating plenty of Thai food which I cooked up with guidance of course left me feeing very satisfied. Highly recommend this place for having a great meal and understanding how to cook your favourite Thai dishes. Wonderful.