We spent 3 nights at Lanta castaway and wished we had more time so we could of stayed longer!
Castaway is one of the best places we've ever stayed in Thailand, and will now be adding it to our annual trip.
My wife and i stayed in a non-air conditioned bungalow and it was great. The whole thing was very traditional, and located only a 1 min walk from the beach.
The beach bar and restaurant front onto the beach, and we experienced some of the best sunsets sitting at the bar drinking cocktails and few beers. The beach itself was awesome as well.We ended up eating at the restaurant at the resort for every meal as the food was great.
A special mention to the housekeeping staff who were always so friendly. Every time we saw them they would smile and say hello, even if we'd only seen them a few minutes before.
The happy hour and free popcorn at the beach bar during the sunsets was great. Overall this was an awesome place to unwind and relax. Had several massages and they were really good.
There is only one thing we could fault, and am only putting it in the review so that management is kept informed and so they can help fix the problem.
All the staff at this resort were so friendly and really out did themselves, except the younger staff down at the bar (not all but most). They were never rude, but they were never overly friendly either. It was a huge comparison the to rest of the staff. On quite a few occasions we ended up going to the bar and ordering ourselves after trying to signal one of the bar staff for ages. It was a bit frustrating having to order ourselves when sometimes there were 2 or 3 of them sitting at the bar chatting and not watching out for guests. Even when they took our orders or brought over drinks they were never smiling. Still it didnt affect our stay but just thought we'd mention it.
Will be back at Castaway next yr!
- Also Known As:
- Lanta Castaway Beach Hotel Ko Lanta
- Lanta Castaway Beach Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lanta Castaway Resort is a boutique beach resort located on the southern end of Long Beach in Koh Lanta, Thailand. We have 19 modern air-con bungalows and 3 small traditional fan bungalows. Our Beachcomber Restaurant features awesome Tex-Mex dishes, as well as, a selection of excellent Thai, Western, and Seafood BBQ. Our Mad Bull Beach Bar offers a terrific atmosphere with awesome views and delicious cocktails. Other services include: beach-side massage, free WiFi, motorbike rentals, and transfer & tour coordination. We also have an onsite dive shop operated by Dive and Relax. We do not have a swimming pool on the property. However, during high season, the beach is excellent for swimming. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel so you can book your Lanta Castaway Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.