We enjoyed our time here very much and our interaction with Darin, Nit (the owners) and their staff was at all times friendly, professional and caring. We had a sea breeze bungalow which was a spacious, clean, comfortable place to while away time during the occasional rain and for sleeping at night. We liked the location on the beach; although the property is relatively narrow, there is a huge beach you can walk along if you need more space. I really think a pool would be both superflous and too much on this property. The seafront bar was very nice, with tasty, reasonably priced drinks and attracted a varied international crowd from up and down the beach during happy hour. All during the day and evening Nit was usually present, overseeing the work of her young staff.
With regard to negatives in some reviews, I would say for US$130 per night (B&B, inclusive of taxes and service charge) in a large room on the seacoast, this place represents a good value. Thailand, and Lanta specifically is developing quickly and I feel the owners have captured the well manicured ambience of a more upmarket place (in our bungalow) at a reasonable price. The breakfast was large and varied, and for dinner, there are several pleasant little restaurants up on the main road or a short tuk tuk ride away and Nit was helpful explaining off site dinner options.
There were also little plusses: we enjoyed our interaction with pleasant guests from many nations; laundry in the resort is a very cheap $1.35 per kg; there are several computers in the lobby if you need that and decent reasonably priced massage options on the beach and nearby street. At the end of our stay we took a speedboat to Koh Lipe. When they failed to pick us up on time we were immediately delivered to the pier in the owner's car at no charge.
I see this place as a labor of love by Darin and Nit and commend them for a job well done.
- Also Known As:
- Lanta Castaway Beach Hotel Ko Lanta
- Lanta Castaway Beach Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lanta Castaway Resort is a boutique beach resort located on the southern end of Long Beach in Koh Lanta, Thailand. We have 19 modern air-con bungalows and 3 small traditional fan bungalows. Our Beachcomber Restaurant features awesome Tex-Mex dishes, as well as, a selection of excellent Thai, Western, and Seafood BBQ. Our Mad Bull Beach Bar offers a terrific atmosphere with awesome views and delicious cocktails. Other services include: beach-side massage, free WiFi, motorbike rentals, and transfer & tour coordination. We also have an onsite dive shop operated by Dive and Relax. We do not have a swimming pool on the property. However, during high season, the beach is excellent for swimming. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel so you can book your Lanta Castaway Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.